• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bledisloe 2020 4 Match Review

1 Karl Tu'inukuafe. stopgap. He's kind of lost in open field play due to being embarrassingly unfit. Goddamnit where is Charlie Faumiana

2 Codie Taylor. OWNED. Has a nice gentle touch on this throw-ins though

4 Scott Barrett. this guy seems to be directly involved in an alarming number of All Black losses. Fuck the romance of starting three brothers, stopgap journeyman.

6 Akira Ioane. if Crossword Frizzle gets 6 tests in a row to "bed in" then so does Akira FUCK U HANSEN

7 Sam Cane (c). slogs his guts out but he's just not a captain. sorry.

8 Ardie Savea. NOT an 8. too smalllllll. Get Sotutu in there ffs.

9 TJ Perenara. cant remember a time when 1 single AB player has so fucked up the machinations on attack and been solely responsible for so, so much shit getting fucked up. That moment late when, AGAIN, overly keen to do it all, he reached in early to a ruck forming and promptly managed to somehow conspire to kick the fucking ball onto his own hand and knock it on thus killing yet another attacking move stone cold dead had me SCREEEEEEAAMING at the telly GET HIM OFFFFFFFF

10 Beauden Barrett. LOL 2-time world player of the year overshadowed by his opposite... prefab 1st 5 Reece Hodge

11 Rieko Ioane. his D is fantastic and aggressive. some of our shitty lethargic forwards should take note.

12 Ngani Laumape. vanished for large stretches.

14 Sevu Reece. oh ok bye then. FFS Naholo wouldve been a massive upgrade to this lost pygmy.

15 Jordie Barrett. this guys unquestioned tenuring is REALLY starting to get on my tits.

Replacements:

18 Tyrel Lomax. does this guy ever fire up? seems like he's just lethargically collecting a few AB caps for the resume before he bolts off to France first offer his agent gets

22 Damian McKenzie. please bugger off to Sevens u headless chook and take TJP with you

Cullen Grace, Will Jordan: WHY were they sent on for 2 minutes? They would have learned nothing. Just so their first cap would be a loss to "teach them a lesson"? It's the shitheads who fucked up the previous 78 minutes who shouldve been left out there for the last 2 mins to learn the fucking lesson. Brilliant mind games, Fozzie.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I reckon Papali'i plays more like an International 7 than a lot of players, he is in q way similar to Cane in his style of play, good defender and works his arse off.

Would hazard a guess his stocks, along with Big Red, have actually risen just by virtue of being on the fringes of this current shitshow. "Scott Barrett". Fuck me.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The thing I was most looking forward to from the test was to see how the alternative blindside options went, so was a bit of a wet fart on that front. But Plumtree is a significantly better forwards coach than Hansen so I expect Akira will get further opportunities. Especially as, before he got done dirty, he was continuing his Blues form.

Hopefully he starts against Argentina. Indeed, just roll out the full Blues loose-forward unit for that one.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Surprised what you thought about Savea - the bloke is incredible

Incredible ekeing out an extra 4 metres on showpony crazy-horse runs.

That dont make up for him going backwards in every single fucking tackle he tries to make. Not the bloke you want in the trenches in a goalline stand

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I think the strongest 23 we could field going forward (next year & looking towards 2023 WC):

1. Joe Moody
2. Dane Coles
3. Ofa Tu'ungafasi
4. Sam Whitelock
5. Brodie Rettalick
6. Akira Ioane
7. Sam Cane
8. Hoskins Sotutu
9. Aaron Smith
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. Caleb Clarke
12. Jack Goodhue
13. Anton Lienert-Brown
14. Reiko Ioane
15. Jordie Barrett

16. Karl Tu'inukuafe
17. Asafo Aumua
18. Nepo Laulala
19. Patrick Tuipulotu
20. Ardie Savea
21. TJ Perenara
22. Beauden Barrett
23. Will Jordan

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Long may this continue. He's so damn average it's unbelievable he gets picked. He's basically a slightly slower, slightly taller, much worse version of Hodge.

He's currently the best fullback in NZ by a considerable margin.

If you find it unbelievable he's getting picked then you clearly aren't paying attention.

Without Jordie the Hurricanes would've lost an extra 3-4 matches due to his presence.

He single-handedly carried the team throughout the duration of Super Rugby Aotearoa.

The only player who had comparable level of influence for their franchise was Mo'unga.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Surprised what you thought about Savea - the bloke is incredible

Lol Dc, you got to read DP's picks properly, what he means is he plays bloody well, but he not from Auckland. You have to be careful you don't take his posts TOO seriously.:p

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bledisloe 2020 4 Match Review

Cullen Grace, Will Jordan: WHY were they sent on for 2 minutes? They would have learned nothing. Just so their first cap would be a loss to "teach them a lesson"? It's the shitheads who fucked up the previous 78 minutes who shouldve been left out there for the last 2 mins to learn the fucking lesson. Brilliant mind games, Fozzie.

DP , mate you better go back and edit that, you do realise that Will Jordan was only on for a minute because he fell over in front of Korobeite as an attempted tackle and got concussed, he was nowhere near the field in last 2 minutes, he had left with about 10 to go.
Do agree about Cullen can never see the point of putting someone on for 2 minutes, unless there was an injury.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He's currently the best fullback in NZ by a considerable margin.

If you find it unbelievable he's getting picked then you clearly aren't paying attention.

Without Jordie the Hurricanes would've lost an extra 3-4 matches due to his presence.

He single-handedly carried the team throughout the duration of Super Rugby Aotearoa.

The only player who had comparable level of influence for their franchise was Mo'unga.
Pretty sure he was wearing a black jersey last night, not yellow. BB demolished us two weeks running from FB and you have this plonker in his spot? jesus.

Speaking of brilliant Super Rugby players, how'd Laumape go?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
D54 my point stands, Jordan was on the field for about 2 minutes. Please refrain from parsing my words with actual reality as dictated by the time continuum as the two paradigms make for incongruous bedfellows.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
D54 my point stands, Jordan was on the field for about 2 minutes. Please refrain from parsing my words with actual reality as dictated by the time continuum as the two paradigms make for incongruous bedfellows.

Please except my deepest and sincerest apologies oh great king of Pitcairns!:p

Or is Pitcairns just a prncipality?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think the strongest 23 we could field going forward (next year & looking towards 2023 WC):

1. Joe Moody
2. Dane Coles
3. Ofa Tu'ungafasi
4. Sam Whitelock
5. Brodie Rettalick
6. Akira Ioane
7. Sam Cane
8. Hoskins Sotutu
9. Aaron Smith
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. Caleb Clarke
12. Jack Goodhue
13. Anton Lienert-Brown
14. Reiko Ioane
15. Jordie Barrett

16. Karl Tu'inukuafe
17. Asafo Aumua
18. Nepo Laulala
19. Patrick Tuipulotu
20. Ardie Savea
21. TJ Perenara
22. Beauden Barrett
23. Will Jordan

Agreed on all the above but NO way Ardie is not in my starting team. Sotutu will eventually be the man but he is not Ardie Savea.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Agreed on all the above but NO way Ardie is not in my starting team. Sotutu will eventually be the man but he is not Ardie Savea.

Ardie ruins the balance of the starting loose forward trio. He's playing 8 yet he's only 99 kg. Go look at the matches he played off the bench from 2016-2018, he still had an enormous impact in the 20 jersey. A bit like the role Samu used to play for the Crusaders in the 2017/18 seasons.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Pretty sure he was wearing a black jersey last night, not yellow. BB demolished us two weeks running from FB and you have this plonker in his spot? jesus.

Speaking of brilliant Super Rugby players, how'd Laumape go?

Jordie is a much better fullback than his brother. He also has 10 kg weight advantage over Beauden. Much better in the air, longer stronger pass, more powerful/more accurate boot. Jordie also has far superior defensive statistics over the last 2 seasons. He's a ruthlessly efficient defender, see his try saving tackle on Koroibete in Sydney.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Jordie is a much better fullback than his brother. He also has 10 kg weight advantage over Beauden. Much better in the air, longer stronger pass, more powerful/more accurate boot. Jordie also has far superior defensive statistics over the last 2 seasons. He's a ruthlessly efficient defender, see his try saving tackle on Koroibete in Sydney.

Think that may get trumped a bit by Beaudie's ability to be a better 2nd playmaker and has little extra pace. But I would be happy either way, and had picked BB as bench player ealier in year.