• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NZR will hold a Special General Meeting on 2 June to decide whether the SilverLake deal goes ahead or not. Given it's them calling it I'm guessing that the "further information" the Provinces asked for has won them over.
LOL, this guy now owns NZ Rugby:

92xI.gif

CompassionateGreedyBlacknorwegianelkhound-size_restricted.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah Clarke was definitely beaten a fair few times. But defence hasn't been an issue for him before, so, atm, just looks like he got dusted on the night. Thankfully we have Joe Schmidt's autismo to, ideally, provide a quick fix and ensure it remains just that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just changed the pecking order for ABs this year I think. Fakatava is available.

And we lose one! So he won't I guess get a start in any tests this year.
All Black prop Karl Tu’inukuafe is set to play for Montpellier in the Top 14 from October 1, after completing this year’s Rugby Championship.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Backline for Ireland series:

9 Afterdavid
10 BB
11 Reece
12 Jordie Barrett (not ready? MAKE IT READY. Goodhue doesnt deserve it yet. psLOL@Ennor and Havili. RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) is coming along gangbusters you pair of sad motherfuckers)
14 ??? (would have said CC but his hammy seemed rooted)
15 Will Jordan

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Backline for Ireland series:

9 Afterdavid
10 BB
11 Reece
12 Jordie Barrett (not ready? MAKE IT READY. Goodhue doesnt deserve it yet. psLOL@Ennor and Havili. RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) is coming along gangbusters you pair of sad motherfuckers)
14 ??? (would have said CC but his hammy seemed rooted)
15 Will Jordan
Not bothering with a 13?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
IF the AB's are going to fluke RWC23 it's going to be up to the backs to bail out this crop of uninspiring forwards.....

Jordie not ready for 2nd 5?

9 Afterdavid
10 BB

12 RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck). (come on. they have to have a look. ffs fozzie. You can't just default David stupid Havili in there and expect different results)
13 Rieko Ioane

11 Sevu Reece
14 Will Jordan
15 Jordie Barrett

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
11 has to be CC if fit but if not I'd be gong with Fainga’anuku & having Rieko at 13 but regularlyly pushing out to the wing with Fainga’anuku coming in at second receiver. Just to give the D something to think about. Also means you could pick another big bopper midfielder on the bench instead of another wing/ fullback option. So an Umaga-Jensen or even Bailyn Sullivan. 14 Reece & 15 Jordan works for me.

I wouldn't start RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) at 12 unless we're two up going into T3 (which I really don't think we will be) but he's another solid midfield bench option. Jordie should start at 12 IMO & I'd probably go with Beaugan as starting 10 & Mo'unga on the bench. Smith at 9 with Fakatawa on the bench.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cane's injury could be a blessing in disguise as it would allow Ardie to play 7 which is IMO his natural position at Test level. Sotutu at 8 & Akira at 6 with Papali'i pretty much covering all three off the bench. I don't think Lord & Vai'i can start nor that Lurch & Whitelock should so it's either Lurch & Vai'i or Lord & Whitelock starting with the other young guy on the bench (don't see much point in having a 30+yo reserve lock).

Other than de Groot & perhaps Ta'avao we don't seem to have many standouts in the propping department & probably doesn't matter who starts or comes off the bench, Fozzie often subs the starters off so soon after half time he may as well make the change at half time. Taukei'aho has to start, Taylor probably gets bench but I wouldn't be unhappy with Eklund.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
If Cane can't play due to injury then Papali'i will start at 7.

They (Ardie and the ABs) are pretty adamant these days that Ardie is an 8.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'd just start the Blues backrow and have Ardie off the bench. Papali'i, Sotutu and Akira provide everything you need from a back row. Power, running ability, lineout and work rate. And for big lads they are pretty damn mobile and then they also have cohesion.

Even at Super Rugby level Ardie has most impact at the back end of games. His energiser bunny thing doesn't work so well against well set test defences and he isn't exactly dominant on the defensive side. Hard to see why you'd pick him over Dalton except that he has seniority.

Edit: and people saying Ardie is the best forward in the world are having a laugh.

Last edited: