• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also,
Wallaby Jermaine Ainsley into the MABs. Looooool, develop your own players lads, Australia out here being the nursery for the whole world ffs. If you ask nicely we'll let you have Mikey Harris at 10 too.
Good bantz.
Lol and Micheal Brial's boy is U20s, bloody hell now we training them up for you to make them Wallabies?? ;) :D
One thing to have Ainsely born and bred and trained kiwi, (with AB dad) going over to Aus to practise how to run out of dressiing sheds for tests, but not sure I happy actually having to teach your yound fellas!!!:D:D:D
Shit bantz.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Also also, when is the NZ A team returning? Guys like Oddball Aumua and Vikena miss out for Leni Apisai and Tyrone Thompson (whoever tf he is).

There's some chat an All Blacks XV (i.e. NZ A) might play later this year.

Thompson is a powerhouse hooker - a lot of ability - unlike Apisai.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ICYMI neither Patrick Tuipulotu nor DMac are eligible for this squad, they first have to play NPC. Foster will 100% pick DMac as soon as he becomes available so whoever gets that 10/15 spot (Perofeta IMO) may not be there when TRC squad is named.

DMac has now signed on for 2023 so will be fast-tracked into TRC squad for sure, NPC game-time or not.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Josh Lord gone for the year with a ruptured ACL, no replacement being named ATM which is rather odd on both counts, surely they knew he was doubtful before naming him & should've had someone on standby.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oddball Aumua
JOB, JOB, OddJOB Aumua

FamousNeighboringDog-size_restricted.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Josh Lord gone for the year with a ruptured ACL, no replacement being named ATM which is rather odd on both counts, surely they knew he was doubtful before naming him & should've had someone on standby.
Doubt whether he was ever going to play against Irish anyway, more a apprentice type thing. I would think they are better to look at Selby-Rickett against Ireland for Maori, and bring someone in for RC.

(By the way WOB , prodigal son is here and was having a beer with Fabian Spencer at Athletics oldtimers day last week, says he going well)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ why not give the apprenticeship to say Big Red instead? At least you know he'll give it heaps at training & let the tenured guys know they've been to training.
Basically because I don't think they looking at him, the lock/6 position is pretty well covered by Barrett and Vai'i, I really think Robinson is not in thinking at test level, to me he just one of these bloody good super players, but maybe not higher.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd also question how a guy who hasn't played for a month 'cos his sore knee isn't getting better gets picked for an AB squad on a Monday & sent for an MRI later in the week. If selectors were that sure they wanted him why not get the knee looked at beforehand? This just makes it look like they picked him not even knowing if he was fit & what's the point of that?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Really curious what the gravy train assistant coaches Mcleod and Mooar actually DO from December to June?

What a sweet, sweet gig.

7 months on full pay to sit around at home binge-watching telly shows or some shit.

Then June finally rolls around, the NZ public have pretty much picked the team for Fozzie but he'll biff the incumbents in anyway "senior players, yeah they dont need much coaching once they've reached this level. They know what to do. Just run a few pods or some shit, get over the gainline then spin it wide, it's not rocket science".

Mcleod and Mooar move a few shuttle cones around at training, frown a bit and point off into the distance when the cameras are there, and bobs yer uncle, November rolls around again and hello, feet up for another 7 months of tellytime. Fahhhhken sweeeeet

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Feel like the Blues should've made getting a squeeze on his dodgy thumb a priority at every breakdown. Not a yank or anything, just a wee vice-like squeeze to make his life that little bit more uncomfortable. Might've even forced him from the field...

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Basically because I don't think they looking at him, the lock/6 position is pretty well covered by Barrett and Vai'i, I really think Robinson is not in thinking at test level, to me he just one of these bloody good super players, but maybe not higher.

Yep - last night proved this. Robinson is a good Super player - gives it everything - he's just a bit too small for test match rugby.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say I was pretty impressed with TJP on his handling of getting dropped from ABs, as he said it's not the worst thing to happen to him, even this year, and one of first things he did was ring Brad Weber to say he was thinking of him losing out.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway people, World Cup, Bledisloe cup Pfft! Today is Crowley cup day, the most important trophy apart form maybe Ranfurly Shield in the real rugby world.
So C'mon Kaponga!!!!