• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ Laumape will be there for sure & I have a sneaky feeling JBarrett will end up being a 12, possibly as early as the EOYT. I agree that SBW's a total pro these days but, barring injuries, I just don't see him making it to RWC.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
^^^^^^ Laumape will be there for sure & I have a sneaky feeling JBarrett will end up being a 12, possibly as early as the EOYT. I agree that SBW's a total pro these days but, barring injuries, I just don't see him making it to RWC.

I had forgotten about them. Guess there is a decent chance of him not making the squad. Though I think J.Barrett will be classed in that squad as an outside back who can cover 12, if required.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
could easily see Laumape and ALB going the way of Fekitoa and Francis Saili, some aspect of their game getting found out and they're ditched. JBarrett and Goodhue to be the RWC midfield. No enough brotown impact? Who knows how tectics/laws will pan out in the interim. Kahui started on the wing in RWC2011 ffs

Hansen has a huge stiffy for SBW doesnt he? SBW probably started the rumours himself just to keep himself in the 24 hour twatsphere news cycle.

sbwerror_zpsrvi8adrm.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
NZRU hoping to try to stem the AB players they lose to NH. While not being complete answer by any means, and I know there will be plenty ripping into them for it, I personally think it a great idea to try and work in and maybe help hold onto a few players.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Assume you're talking about this?

New Zealand Rugby have inked a deal with Harlequins which will see them become the destination for All Blacks seeking a European sabbatical.

Harlequins would send developing players to New Zealand as part of the deal, and could also see their coaches head to New Zealand for valuable experience, The Times reported.

The Rugby Football Union has no objection to the partnership, even though it may have benefits for England's international rivals.

The agreement will see NZR and Harlequins cooperate on a number of projects in relation to playing and coaching resources, team training and commercial leverage opportunities.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...nglish-club-harlequins-for-player-sabbaticals

If so, makes sense. I believe similar deals will also be inked with other clubs in both Europe and Japan.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
could easily see Laumape and ALB going the way of Fekitoa and Francis Saili, some aspect of their game getting found out and they're ditched. JBarrett and Goodhue to be the RWC midfield. No enough brotown impact? Who knows how tectics/laws will pan out in the interim. Kahui started on the wing in RWC2011 ffs

Hansen has a huge stiffy for SBW doesnt he? SBW probably started the rumours himself just to keep himself in the 24 hour twatsphere news cycle.

sbwerror_zpsrvi8adrm.png

Almost as bad as the 'Hayne plane'.

sufull.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interested and pleased to see NZR have decided to pay the top women players something.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...cts-as-new-zealand-rugby-agrees-landmark-deal

And as a grumpy old rugby bugger who was always pretty reluctant to embrace the women's game ,I actually think this is a good step forward, because whether we like it or not ,it is probably a good place to grow our game. Enough women playing etc , mums ay not be quite so reluctant to let little Johnny-Beauden etc play the game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZHurld reporting that SBW's out for 6 - 8 weeks with a wrist fracture. Doesn't leave him much time to prove his match fitness ahead of the France series.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Starting to doubt the West to La Rochelle thing, still no mention on any .nz site nor tonight even tho he's a late replacement for Beaugan & it's his home ground.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hi guys, been awhile since I posted on here, but as one might say, a friend in need is a friend indeed....

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Chiefs' first try in the 12th minute with the clock on it on here as I have a bet on a try before 11min30sec and I've been told the ref blew the whistle at 11.27 but the bet was recorded as a loss.

thanks in advance!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hi guys, been awhile since I posted on here, but as one might say, a friend in need is a friend indeed..

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Chiefs' first try in the 12th minute with the clock on it on here as I have a bet on a try before 11min30sec and I've been told the ref blew the whistle at 11.27 but the bet was recorded as a loss.

thanks in advance!
Just wait for the replay to come out, better than a screen shot.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hi guys, been awhile since I posted on here, but as one might say, a friend in need is a friend indeed..

thanks in advance!
Ref blows his whistle at 11:27 Ball touched down at 11:25