• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Australia - Auckland - 23 August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Phil Kearns I don't see how that try was a result of exploiting a team that is a man down. We were only just on the attack with Izzy a moment earlier. Loose carry/error & a good turn over from the AB's was the cause of that try.

I could not care less about being labelled a pessimist ("realistic optimist" I prefer). But I just felt this shit was going to happen this game. Could not take advantage of AB being 2 players down last week & now we've got 23-6 to AB's in this game, not even HT yet.

I want to be positive. I really do but FFS I'm tired of losing.

Clarkie on Wallaby error "We'll that's been the story of the first half".
Me yelling at the TV "Its been the fucking story of our team v the AB's for over the last fucking decade!". #overit.

Come on Wallabies prove me wrong!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So angry I cannot watch anymore.

Seen this shit. Seen this shit so many times from the Wallabies in the last 15 years. Pretty much every live game in NZ and SA looks like this.

Absolutely shithouse decision making and performance under pressure - which always results in the ref and the luck to desert thereafter.

It'll be 10 more years without the Bledisloe. We make the All. Blacks look better than they are.
Maybe they're making us look shit? I think it is a factor.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lucky we are drinking on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Passes and Sir Ritchie being offside. There is a chance of being able to speak after the game.

If we were drinking on Wobs handling errors or missed tackles, coherent language at game end would be a very low possibility.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The attack from the All Blacks has been great, and our defensive line is not straight. Offloads and short passes are finding holes.

Another solid scrum with Simmons back on.

Some nice play finally to see us run with the ball.

McCaw finally wins a penalty, and quick tap and the All Blacks knock on again, end of half.

At least our scrum is good with all 8 forwards on the field. That's one positive.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BvtZCz3CAAEQzL4.jpg:large

T

TOCC

Beale is playing poor in defence and not much better in attack, bring on Foley.

Players like Horne are been made to look bad because the players inside him are missing there man and leaving him facing an overlap.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
They're loving the weakness and space on McCabe's wing

Reflections so far -

The defensive structure and tactics have been poor. The AB's have worked out To'omua (or one) rushes out of the line and then turn it back either side of that gap. We need to rwlaign quicker and keep a flatter line.

Izzy isn't running hard as the cover is poor. We need so mine back to cover if he has a crack.

The piggies need to come out and make amends.

Lastly we need to go forward before going wide.

Forgot to add - make our bloody tackles and don't give away stupid bloody penalties.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Beale... Please tell the backline to form a backline. And stand at fly half... And do general fly half duties... Like organise fwd runners

M

Moono75

Forwards need to pick up agro. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing for McCabe.....Kuridrahni on at 13. Don't leave subs too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.