• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Australia - Auckland - 23 August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Link should be sacked. we lost last year to NZ 47-29 and now 51-20. I see no improvement. None. Playing Beale at 10 was as bad as anything deans ever did. Most players in that backline where played out of position.

Every mistake that was made tonight was down to an awful game plan and bad coaching. You can't have a super team win the comp and then have your national team be that bad. shocking. Sack him.

Bit premature. We need to see improvements in his selection but he has just coached us to 7/8 wins in a row. The guy clearly knows his stuff. His whole tenure has been an upwards trajectory. He deserves to take us to the 15RWC.

The ABs at Eden park is probably the hardest challenge in world rugby.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My one positive from watching this game is that Sky Sports just advertised that School of Hard Knocks in back in a few weeks time. Love that show.

Interestedoz1

Bob McCowan (2)
Let's get realistic. How are we going to win the Bledisloe back when rugby is the number 4 or 5 sport in Oz?

The AB's are simply amazing - and I don't think rugby is their 4th or 5th sport...

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
maybe we should do a reverse 3-2-1..biggest liabilites!

Hooper actually gets 3 on the plus side, he was a standout..

-3 Simmons
-2 McCabe
-1 White

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
so what do we do? Horwill back?

That's the problem isn't it. We have no other options. Horwill might be more physical but he hasn't shown much to back that up in the last few seasons.

We got the same problem on the wings. McCabe didn't do much at all but we got no other options do we? Is Betham available?

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Let's get realistic. How are we going to win the Bledisloe back when rugby is the number 4 or 5 sport in Oz?

The AB's are simply amazing - and I don't think rugby is their 4th or 5th sport.

The only differnce between us and the AB's is that the bastards know how to play to their potential. I never thought I would feel this way but I am starting to think that we are the ones who are doing our best to wear the CHOKER's hat. They csan turn it on when they need to while we crawl up our on assholes.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That's the problem isn't it. We have no other options. Horwill might be more physical but he hasn't shown much to back that up in the last few seasons.

We got the same problem on the wings. McCabe didn't do much at all but we got no other options do we? Is Betham available?
Betham was patchy in NRC Thursday night. Sure, McCabe was not the best, but we got bitch-slapped up front and on the D-line. As ever, the real cancer in Oz rugby when the acid is applied is up front and in the hard stuff.
That said, a few backs showed little to inspire.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

He played in the NRC on Thu. night.

Status
Not open for further replies.