• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Apples and Oranges. Both the best in their respective positions. Hard to tell which has had the bigger influence.

Think Itoje would have a bit of an advantage playing the six nations though, think it's easier to stand out against lesser opposition.

Imagine if Hooper or McMahon played in the six nations - I think they'd stand out in most of those games.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Think Itoje would have a bit of an advantage playing the six nations though, think it's easier to stand out against lesser opposition.

Imagine if Hooper or McMahon played in the six nations - I think they'd stand out in most of those games.

Not entirely convinced Australia, South Africa or Argentina are in any kind of form to be criticizing the quality of the Northern teams at the moment. Which hurts me deeply to say.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That All Blacks team doesn't terrify me in the way they usually do. I have no idea what we do about Barrett though. It feels a little bit like any team with him starting at the moment would win he's in such a rich vein of form.

Funny you say that Scoey, because I actually thought the ABs would of gone better against the Boks with Cruden at 10, although in second half Barrett did run the show maybe because forwards got on top.

A

All Black Magic

Funny you say that Scoey, because I actually thought the ABs would of gone better against the Boks with Cruden at 10, although in second half Barrett did run the show maybe because forwards got on top.

I think its not just Barrett you need to worry about -its the whole team!!!

Reactions: gel

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Scoey reminded us that this is a "two-horse race". I wouldn't put money on the Wallabies this Saturday, nor would I put money on the All Blacks, (because I never back a Wallabies opponent)! I do, however, believe we have a chance to win this. It's not always the best horse that wins a race. Winners are often determined by the opportunities that occur during any contest, the reaction to those opportunities by the participants, and the converting of those opportunities into 'benefits'.

A

All Black Magic

Scoey reminded us that this is a "two-horse race". I wouldn't put money on the Wallabies this Saturday, nor would I put money on the All Blacks, (because I never back a Wallabies opponent)! I do, however, believe we have a chance to win this. It's not always the best horse that wins a race. Winners are often determined by the opportunities that occur during any contest, the reaction to those opportunities by the participants, and the converting of those opportunities into 'benefits'.

Unfortunately this is not a game of chance.
We are looking at the best rugby team in the history of the game.
The world record of 18 test wins is on offer which certainly proves that.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't think you can say with any certainty that this is the best team of all time, not least because comparing teams from say the 90's to now makes little sense.

Their run of form has coincided with very large, swift downswings from their two closest rivals. They havn't been challenged enough to qualify as the best ever.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

Not to say that I'm downgrading the quality of the current side, only a fool would do that, but do the previous streak(s) include 3 wins against the likes of Georgia, Namibia and Tonga?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

I suppose that only one word best describes MOST Kiwis (our little brothers with the big chip on both shoulders), well, certainly living in the Land of Milk and Honey is;

HUMBLE

:)

A

All Black Magic

From Iam MC
Former Scotland and British and Irish Lions player and coach Sir Ian McGeechan believes the 2016 All Blacks are the best team of the professional era.
Writing in The Sunday Telegraph he said Kieran Read's men were 'certainly better' than the 2005 side who destroyed the Lions and the only side that stood comparison with them were the 1987 All Blacks who won the first World Cup.

"They changed rugby, and the shape of the game as it was played. But this side are taking the game to levels not seen before," he said.

What impressed McGeechan was the way the success had been achieved since the departure of so many legends last year.

"Their game has just continued to evolve, mainly because, I think, head coach Steve Hansen has not imposed a pattern upon them," he said.

While there was a core of players who had been in the side for some time, Hansen had allowed the newcomers to add their respective strengths to the All Black game.

"It makes the team so enjoyable to watch because you are never quite sure how they are going to evolve in attack.

"It is not a case of these players fitting in, rather it is the group that is already there reacting to the new qualities being introduced. And what that does is make the side harder to read for the opposition," he said.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
From Iam MC
Former Scotland and British and Irish Lions player and coach Sir Ian McGeechan believes the 2016 All Blacks are the best team of the professional era.
Writing in The Sunday Telegraph he said Kieran Read's men were 'certainly better' than the 2005 side who destroyed the Lions and the only side that stood comparison with them were the 1987 All Blacks who won the first World Cup.

"They changed rugby, and the shape of the game as it was played. But this side are taking the game to levels not seen before," he said.

What impressed McGeechan was the way the success had been achieved since the departure of so many legends last year.

"Their game has just continued to evolve, mainly because, I think, head coach Steve Hansen has not imposed a pattern upon them," he said.

While there was a core of players who had been in the side for some time, Hansen had allowed the newcomers to add their respective strengths to the All Black game.

"It makes the team so enjoyable to watch because you are never quite sure how they are going to evolve in attack.

"It is not a case of these players fitting in, rather it is the group that is already there reacting to the new qualities being introduced. And what that does is make the side harder to read for the opposition," he said.

Again, they havn't been challenged. Think Federer prior to the arrival of Nadal, Djokovic etc.

A

All Black Magic

Not to say that I'm downgrading the quality of the current side, only a fool would do that, but do the previous streak(s) include 3 wins against the likes of Georgia, Namibia and Tonga?

also includes Australia

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
oh come off it -Back to back world cups ...

Yeah this, admittedly poor Australian team, made it to the final of the World Cup. I've said this elsewhere but besides England and New Zealand, World Rugby is really on a downward trend. France were appalling and traditionally strong, Wales painfully one dimensional, Ireland overrated, South Africa is completely falling apart and the Wobblies are broke and facing mass exodus to the UK. Who's putting together a team capable of challenging you? Maybe England, but the two countries have contrived not to play each other till next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.