• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yes i am saying exactly that. No fucking way does Owens call the same penalty against the AB's. Not in a million years. Everyone knows it. Even most Kiwi posters on here acknowledge he's insanely biased towards the Kiwis. Stop trying to justify a bullshit decision. This is the kind of shit that ruins the legitimacy of world rugby and why the game is shedding viewers and crows. This. exact. bullshit.

Well mate show me the law that says you can interfere with players behind the play, I really am curious to see it. Myself I would of probably given the try, but then I just a keyboard warrior and not a ref. Mind you I probably would of given Dagg's disallowed one at end of game so......

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
Tbh I'm more pissed off with DHP. What was the point of that? Your (actual) winger (i.e. the fast guy) is flying off with no one in front of him. If Savea was actually going to catch up to Speight then DHP should have been ready in support for the offload and certain try.

Stupid stuff from DHP.

Reactions: TSR

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Perhaps I am wrong and in Australia there is a different law that says obstruction can only happen in FRONT of play, by all means show it to me and I will apologise.

10.1 Obstruction
STRUCTION
(a) Charging or pushing. When a player and an opponent are running for the ball, either
player must not charge or push the other except shoulder-to-shoulder.
Sanction: Penalty kick

(b) Running in front of a ball carrier. A player must not intentionally move or stand in front of
a team-mate carrying the ball thereby preventing opponents from tackling the current ball
carrier or the opportunity to tackle potential ball carriers when they gain possession.

(c) Blocking the tackler. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that
prevents an opponent from tackling a ball carrier.

(d) Blocking the ball. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that prevents
an opponent from playing the ball.

(e) Ball carrier running into team-mate. A player carrying the ball must not intentionally run
into team-mates in front of that player.

So which one is it?

Paragraph (d) looks the most prospective, but actually preventing the player from tackling etc is the test, yes? Not taking an action that might have prevented the player, had the player been in a position to make the tackle.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Well mate show me the law that says you can interfere with players behind the play, I really am curious to see it. Myself I would of probably given the try, but then I just a keyboard warrior and not a ref. Mind you I probably would of given Dagg's disallowed one at end of game so..

The TMO tried his best for that one at the end but Owens had the presence of mind to ignore him. What is fucking bullshit is Cruden taking the kick so Owens couldn't even think about going to the TMO. There's a guilty admission if I have ever seen one.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Of course obstruction can occur behind play, are you telling me if an All Black got an intercept or something and another AB stopped someone chasing him you wouldn't be screaming? That is why it was so bloody stupid, if you going to take players out, at least make sure you do it with someone where it will amke a difference!! Perhaps I am wrong and in Australia there is a different law that says obstruction can only happen in FRONT of play, by all means show it to me and I will apologise.
] pretty sure you can run any line you want in support of the ball carrier. I recall mccaw doing exactly the same thing a couple years back and the kiwis on here lecturing us on exactly that.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Am I wrong or was there 6 tries scored to 1? Does anyone think looking at how easy some of the AB tries were (look at Lienert-Browns, and TJ's) might give you more clues to why the ABs won by so much!! Hell I been reading on this very forum how the Poms didn't really win their series against the Wallabies because they scored less tries!!
I not getting at Wallabies , but FFS fellas wake up, Barrett couldn't throw a kick over tonight, and I thought played quite average, yet he was supposedly the main difference between the teams!
Shit dan, no one is saying you shouldn't have won, and by a margin. What everyone is pissed off about is that we weren't given a fair competition. We were in the game and then unjustifiably taken out of it.

Who said Barrett was the main difference???

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The TMO tried his best for that one at the end but Owens had the presence of mind to ignore him. What is fucking bullshit is Cruden taking the kick so Owens couldn't even think about going to the TMO. There's a guilty admission if I have ever seen one.

No it's not, it is just clever rugby. The Darkness are the masters at that, always have been.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I having trouble seeing where it says it has to be in front on this law!! c) Blocking the tackler. A player must not intentionally move or stand in a position that
prevents an opponent from tackling a ball carrier.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Perhaps tellingly here, as a kiwi fan, I'm not even interested in the 'laws'. To me it was just a bollocks decision. That sort of 'nudge', it barely registered as a nudge, happens ALL THE TIME behind play. Savea was too far back to make a tackle. It just stank.

Reminds me of a couple of the tries the Highlanders scored against the Reds this year that were called back for completely irrelevant stuff, which we lost by 1 point, which would have had has on top of the table winning another championship. But I digress.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
No it's not, it is just clever rugby. The Darkness are the masters at that, always have been.

It's not clever. It's just abusing the rules and creating an unfair playing field. Owens never once went to the TMO for a darkness try, Wallabies- try scored, referee automatically goes to TMO

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
That shit happens on every fucking play. It also doesn't appear to be against the laws of the game. it's nothing short of a massive howler to turn the try around. And if i were cheika/pulver id be making a massive noise about it at every opportunity. Fuck all this 'swings and roundabouts' nonsense, they should be rocking the boat like its going out of fashion.

The ABs were a better side but for goodness' sake, can they (the refs) not go out of their way to fuck the game up?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just spotted in the sheds...
Owens.jpg

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It's not clever. It's just abusing the rules and creating an unfair playing field. Owens never once went to the TMO for a darkness try, Wallabies- try scored, referee automatically goes to TMO

Yes, it is clever. Sorry, mate, if we were a bit cleverer, as well as a bit tougher, faster, and more skilled, we might have a chance of beating them. Otherwise, forget about it. Or blame the match officials. Take your choice.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
What. Dhp a maybe ? He was our best back and has been most the year

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
Mate he's not a winger.
Speights no try showed the importance of pace on the wing.
DHP would have been run down by savea anyway.
It's no coincidence the game we came closest to the ABs was the game where most players played in their usual positions.
Time to stop shoehorning players into the team out of position.
He competes at FB or rides the pines. After hodges game tonight DHP would get my nod if folau moved in closer. But hodge does have a bigger boot and has played a lot of FB as well. He'd be in the mix.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Yes, it is clever. Sorry, mate, if we were a bit cleverer, as well as a bit tougher, faster, and more skilled, we might have a chance of beating them. Otherwise, forget about it. Or blame the match officials. Take your choice.

Not blaming the match officials, just want to the shitty officiating out of the game which seems to decide crucial moments in matches these days

Status
Not open for further replies.