• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Cheers mate. Had that one recorded but not yet watched it.
Just FYI you don't usually mention other games in the match threads.

Shit I'm very sorry!
I got caught up in the moment. Completely forgot about that rule.
Ive had it happen to me before I'm really sorry again mate.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Speight can't play at test level. We already have seen the best part of Speight's career.

Welcome Marika Koroibete!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I agree,there were some bullshit calls against the Wallabies in that game,but it's not the ref or TMO falling off tackles.

Yeh we got a lot of work to do. But to be fair falling off tackles from a full pace rampaging Savea isn't exactly the worst thing.

I think there was enough signs of hope from tonight for the wallabies, they looked very competitive (in parts)- but the frustrating part is that the scoreboard doesn't reflect this at all.

G

galumay

I thought the Wobblies played their best 30 minutes of the season in that game, trouble is the AB's ability to stay in touch and then apply the blowtorch when it matters saw them post another large and decisive win.

I dont think the DHP incident leading to the no try decision was a game changer, he did alter his line and interfere with the chaser. Probably get away with it most times but not legal.

The disallowed try to Coles (?) straight afterward when Foley tackled him without the ball as he went to ground it could have been a penalty try, and the try disallowed at the end looked like the pass was backward out of the hands and thats certainly what the TMO tried to tell Owens.

One difference that struck me is how well the AB's hold passes and draw defenders before passing, where as the Wallabies seem to be deeper and passing too soon. Also the AB's then tend to have their support players in positions where they are running onto offloads, where as Wallabies support players are too slow to arrive so the opportunity for off loads is lost and all they can do is try to clear out the ruck when they arrive.

It really says something about the difference in standard of rugby when we play what was our best effort of the season and still lose by that margin. Still it should give some confidence that continued improvement may well see some good wins on the EOYT.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
"Brilliant = very bright, dazzling, exceptionally clever, or talented", disco.

Tonight, Israel Folau has been none of those. Your standards at the national level appear to be lower than mine. But, you are probably much younger than me, so you have less 'Rugby years' to compare with!!
I therefore forgive you for making that stupid comment.

Whilst I don't think "brilliant" is an accurate description for Folau's performance tonight, I do think "threatening" is. Some errors and poor decisions but I'm sure his run metres will be good, seemed to always break the first tackle. Worth persisting with after that performance in my books.

Andy_auzzie

Frank Row (1)
It was pure and simple - The Wallabies were given an absolute hiding and NZ played very, very poorly.

Australia were thrashed 6 tries to 1.

All the excuses just do not cut it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I didn't want to comment on this because it never ends well but there is a point of the Dane vs Julian debacle that has been missed.
Dane doesn't have to 'hold his line'. As a support player behind the ball he has every right to attempt to get in a better position to receive a pass.
I also think it speaks volumes about how much of a chance Savea thought he had of catching Speight that he started waving his arms around as soon as he touched DHP. This is the guy who when running down the sideline with ball in hand is fucking immovable. Guys can clatter into him and he doesn't shift an inch but in this situation he's all of a sudden a powder puff. Please. He knew he was toast.

Also one last point, can we stop making references to Savea being 'taken out'. You make it sound like DHP put him over the sideline and three rows back.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
The Wallabies were hammered by an AB Team that played very, very poorly.
The AB Forwards didn't even bother to turn up tonight.
The All Blacks need a kick up the arse for that pathetic performance and it was still 6 tries to 1.

You can give as many excuses as you want but check the score tomorrow and it will still be the same hiding.

There has been plenty of Aussie comments - Concerning the non try that Owens correctly disallowed but there has been no mention of interference on Coles when he was going for the try - A situation that should have been a penalty try.

The AB's missed far more opportunities than the Wallabies

The AB's were piss poor tonight and the reality is - It doesn't say much for Australia.

Kearns is an absolute fuckhead.

The reason why Cooper gets such a hard time in NZ is because Kiwis just do not rate him as a player - Very simple.

Australia pick him and New Zealanders keep laughing.

No one is gunna bite your trolling rubbish bro, you missed the window of unbridled post-game rage. Go away.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Thanks for giving that away on a different match thread. Won't bother watching now.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
I already pulled him up on that and he's apologised. We should all prob go back and edit our posts and quotes so that the result is gone in case anyone else comes along late.

Status
Not open for further replies.