• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia Oct 11 2020 Bledisloe Cup

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah, pinning it all on FF (Folau Fainga'a) is silly. Phillips, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and FF (Folau Fainga'a) all play for different teams and haven't had much time together. Some better lifting, timing and less Wellington cross wind and we're fine.

Good point.

NZ's tight five came from two teams. Codie Taylor obviously has great synergy with Whitelock, Tuipulotu has played 30 AB caps. Moody and Tuungafasi have all played with each other for the Darkness and provincial (at least one lock each).

I think that was LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Philip's starting debut with a hooker from a third team?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Surely a throw that would have only made it to chest height of the intended recipient is the hooker's error.

Have a look at 8:05 again and tell me what you think. I’m finding it hard to blame FF (Folau Fainga'a) o this one. Things like 23:45 completely FF (Folau Fainga'a).

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah, he's on the hook for some, but he wasn't the total shitshow everyone thought he was at halftime. Sure, the 'my brain couldn't work out which option to take in 1/10th of a second' off the lineout was poor but we got away with it.

His set piece has rarely been an issue at the Brumbies, I think a week or two of practice and a well enough balanced set of options/better weather will improve things fairly quickly

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Wouldn’t pin all the bad line outs on FF (Folau Fainga'a), but he certainly had 2 really poor throws and another couple that were barely passable.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah, he's on the hook for some, but he wasn't the total shitshow everyone thought he was at halftime. Sure, the 'my brain couldn't work out which option to take in 1/10th of a second' off the lineout was poor but we got away with it.

His set piece has rarely been an issue at the Brumbies, I think a week or two of practice and a well enough balanced set of options/better weather will improve things fairly quickly
For me, it was fluffing the set piece play so badly and then falling for the exact play he fluffed shortly after half time that really made him seem poor. ugh.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Not much I don't like about the team. If Petaia wasn't going to be available, I wanted TK at 13 and I maintain that.

Also interesting to see that Daugunu was chosen on a wing ahead of not only Wright, but also Hodge and Maddocks. I respectfully disagree and fear a red card for a dangerous tackle is coming. Desperately hope I am wrong.

It took two more tests, but his yellow for awful judgement/tecnhqiue came to pass last night...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
It took two more tests, but his yellow for awful judgement/tecnhqiue came to pass last night.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/the-all-airport-xv.18789/page-5#post-1174741

tenor.gif