• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NFL 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
A bit late to start this thread, especially since the stupid New York Jets didn't make the stupid playoffs.

naza must be gutted - Detroit played really nice football all year, but got overpowered by NO. Having seen that game, I think they can beat the 49ers next weekend. Drew Brees is an awesome QB.

Haven't seen Denver v Pitsbuurgh yet, but what a shock. Or a fluke. Not sure which. I can't see Denver or Houston troubling New England and Baltimore, respectively.

The game of the day must be Green Bay vs NY Giants. I think you might get a superbowl winner out of that one.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Scarfman - I watched Denver v Pitsburgh last night - Denver were good but Rothesberger could hardly move with his bung ankle which had a big bearing on the game.

After the first quarter you would never have believed that Tebow and the Broncos were even going to get close.

The play to win the game in overtime was amazing

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Those long, laser-accurate passes of Drew Brees are beautiful to watch. But I don't want him to deny the 49ers, finally looking good themselves.

Watch that Denver game. That last quarter and overtime, absolute pandemonium. I don't know if there's a more compelling sportys story out there than Tim Tebow.

The Packers v Giants game will be a great one. Their last playoff game was 4 years ago for the right to go to the Superbowl. January in Green Bay - it was 2 degrees FAHRENHEIT at kick-off, and only got colder from there. I don't know how you sit in the crowd in those conditions, let alone play football - at least the players get heaters on the sideline.

S

spooony

haha Tebow
He didnt take crap of OT. Bang game over. Tata Steelers

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
The Packers v Giants game will be a great one. Their last playoff game was 4 years ago for the right to go to the Superbowl. January in Green Bay - it was 2 degrees FAHRENHEIT at kick-off, and only got colder from there. I don't know how you sit in the crowd in those conditions, let alone play football - at least the players get heaters on the sideline.

Looking forward to this game. Go Packers.

S

spooony

45 - 10 That's the end of Denver and Tebow. It was a slaughter of biblical proportions lol New England really looked impressive

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I'm days behind, but how about that 49ers-Saints game? Those last few minutes of that game just encapsulated everything I love about American football - the skills, the tension, the power. A lot of players on both sides must have been saying aferwards "How did we win/lose that one?"

Of course, you deal with Drew Brees and then one week later you haave to figure out a way to neutralise Eli Manning. Whoah. Still can't believe the 49ers are only one game short of the Super Bowl.

S

spooony

Brady "chips in the 1st Q & then sits"??? Who's dips R U dipping yer chips in; Tim Leary? Brady will chip & sit on chipping... making all those calls from a telephone booth in The Cape, eh? So who is that guy wearing #12 on his jersey if it's not Tom? His brother, Sawyer? Huck Finn? Another 5 TDs/0 I's 400+ yards from The Pats QB just sitting... that's pretty good. Imagine if he actually stood up, ran 'round the pocket some? Maybe make some baseball slides 'cross the Ten to move the chains...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Spooony. Hearing voices in your head again? What's going on? Are you for Brady or agin' him?

He's an awesome pocket QB, but yeah, sometimes the scramble QBs can win the big games. When I think about guys like Brady, who must be sucking $$$ out of the team's purses, I wonder if any of them have ever said - one more season, I'll play for free, just buy some good players so we can win the fucking superbowl.

S

spooony

Yeah but the salary cap prevents that they can;t have too many bloodsuckers on a team. But its in the pressure situations where the cool heads come and those big players delivers. Brady for me got a bit of Joe Montana in him. Cool as a cucumber. I remember Joe winning games for the 49'ers trailing by 20 to 30 points.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Spooony. Hearing voices in your head again? What's going on? Are you for Brady or agin' him?

He's an awesome pocket QB, but yeah, sometimes the scramble QBs can win the big games. When I think about guys like Brady, who must be sucking $$$ out of the team's purses, I wonder if any of them have ever said - one more season, I'll play for free, just buy some good players so we can win the fucking superbowl.

Ummmmmm have you overlooked 3 Super Bowl wins, not to mention his other achievements?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Inside Shoulder - I said that (1) Brady was awesome, but that (2) SOMETIMES the more mobile but less talented QBs can make it happen in the fourth quarter when anything goes. Tim Tebow is absolute proof of that.

The guy I'm going to watch most closely this weekend is Alex Smith. Wow, did he have a good game last weekend. He had no right to play that well, so it's exciting to watch to see if he is the real deal.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
My issue was suggesting he didn't earn every cent of his salary.
I'm afraid tebows religiosity leaves me cold to his undoubted ability
Anyway I recall Aikman or maybe Elway used to always shout the linemen dinner because he recognized the differences in their pay...maybe Brady does the same...which might only piss some players off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

spooony

Tebow is the flavor of the week. He's like the French rugby team. Unpredictable can really put on a show and do something marvelous or is just plain crap. More often than not the latter shows. But lets not forget he is a running back that can throw a ball.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Two great games this morning - in the final quarters of each game I thought the Pats were going to get there but at the same time I also thought the 49er's were going to come over the top.

Both games eventually decided by field goal attempts - how would the Ravens kicker be feeling? And how would Williams from the 49er's be feeling after two turnovers towards end of the game?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pats and Giants.. who would have thought.

Ravens have to be dirty on themselves but you just can't afford to miss from that far out or drop balls in the end zone. I had a bad feeling about Baltimore with a minute to go and 1/10 field goal attempts in the post-season is not good enough for a professional kicker. Brady was basically a spectator at QB in yesterdays game, they won't beat the Giants if he doesn't perform in the Superbowl.

Meanwhile 49'ers can only blame themselves, should never lose a home semi-final given the chances they had. Manning is a freak on the other hand and led the Giants well.

I'm going to have to go with the Patriots on the back of Brady though. Giants are class but I think it's one step too many and Manning might lose his marbles.

S

spooony

I mean hello your job is to come on and kick the ball. Thats it and what does he do? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumble!

S

spooony

The lack of defense finally caught up with the Pats. almost 3/4 NYG time of possession kept the great offense off the field. Either fumble was a game breaker--the Welker drop, etc. etc. No way to predict luck---one of the great games of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.