• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby Season 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With both Humphreys and Anscombe leaving Ulster, resulting in Kiss having to cover Ulster until there's a permanent appointment there's a real uncertainty around Irish rugby at the moment.

The recent appointments, including Nucifora, have left me really underwhelmed. Not really what you want a year out from the RWC.

Just going to have to wait and see and judge the results in a year's time.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Welsh regions offer WRU chance to take them over

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/28205291

"The quartet go on to say:

• Despite some reservations they have accepted - for the first time - the concept of dual national contracts for the nation's Test stars.
• On the subject of the regions' funding, that a failure to strike a deal would mean them having to live within their means and become less competitive against Pro12 and European rivals.
The relationship between the WRU and "its principal clubs" is a "national disgrace" and has left Welsh rugby "not held in high esteem".
• That "the true objective of the WRU is actually to starve the regions to the point of financial ruin".
• The WRU and regions' goals "are not incompatible"
• Any agreement must mean a partnership, not an "employer/employee or master/slave" relationship.
• For developing players for Wales the regions should be "adequately rewarded"."

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think as usual with a dispute like this, when both sides are slinging mud, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

If both sides put as much effort into finding common ground, as they put into trying to score points via the media, Welsh rugby would be in a much healthier position.

I have little doubt that they'll come to some agreement reached, but what will ensue will be an uneasy truce until the next round of negotiations. Then both sides will talk about how what they agreed to now was unfair to them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shocking news from France. Rougerie, Pierre & Kayser attacked in a night club by a dozen people carrying swords and machetes.

Does anyone have any more details on how the players are?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/28393792

Saw that on stuff.co.nz this morning - usually when a stuff article mentions machetes I think South Auckland, not the South of France. The stuff article has no more detail than the BBC one, hopefully no one got too badly hurt & the assholes responsible are quickly rounded up.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The recent appointments, including Nucifora, have left me really underwhelmed...

Nucifora,

bangif.gif

babyshock_zpsef52980d.gif

"... and there goes the homemade rocket taking Mr Nucifora
back to Australia..."

Excerpt from D.Pillock nightmare involving D.Nucifora:

jesus11.gif

"Noooo, nooo, we just want to run with the ball..."

firefrog1.gif

"Very cross here, grrr, grrrrrr."

jesus12.gif

"Get BACK, you foreign f***king c***t"

firefrog2.gif

"BASTAAAAAAADDDZ"

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Ex Ireland and Lions flanker Simon Easterby is to be Irelands new forwards coach. Not sure how I feel about this the Scarlets have been one of the worst forward packs in Europe in recent years

Presumably Schmidt had some say in that?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah I think Schmidt took the job about guarantees from the IRFU that he had first and last say when it comes to the national side

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rugby Attackers get Community Service.

--Millau (France) (AFP) -

French police have sentenced the four men guilty of a machete attack on rugby union internationals to 100 hours of community service to be served out at French Top 14 side Clermont's Tuesday training nights, officials said.

"We are going to use them as tackle bag practice" said the coach. "No, not their bare bodies, we are not inhumane. We will stitch them inside the actual padded tackle bags. With their swords and machetes inside the tackle bag with them. So they can protect themselves."

Google AD

whitechild.jpg

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The English clubs have been emboldened by getting their own way and having the Heineken Cup scrapped and replaced by The Rugby Champions Cup.

They'll keep pushing and testing the boundaries as much as they can. I think we've already passed the height of the Unions power and from now on the power of the clubs will grow until we've got a situation similar to football.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
They wouldn't actually do this, would they?

"English rugby clubs are seeking NZ$28m compensation for shutting down their competition during next year's World Cup.

"Otherwise they are threatening to play while the global showpiece is held."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...clubs-seek-millions-in-World-Cup-compensation

IRB should put there foot down once and for all and tell the clubs they don't control the game. Sick to death of the English ruining the game with all there stupid politics.

Remove English Rugby from the IRB and see how they go, kill the game off at the top for a year and than watch the English fans backlash at the clubs.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm really happy about the peace deal. It doesn't do the wider rugby world any good to have one of the rugby heartlands constantly exposing it's dirty laundry to the world. Hopefully they get back to talking about rugby now and focus on making the regions and the game better.

I'm happy that it's a 6 year deal as it should give a period of stability. However I'm worried that it will all start again in 5 years time as each side postures in the run up to a new deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.