• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Norths colts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Great to see colts 1's come up with a win against the more fancied uni. Could this be the start of some better displays from firsts. Me thinks so. 2's undefeated after 6 rounds... impressive as this competition is wide open. 3's up near the to as well, after a tough bonus point loss to the students.
A third of the way through the season and all is well. Hopefully this bodes well for the grade teams in the future, as some great talent (players and coaches) coming through.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There is a good roster at the Norths Colts. Surprised to see the scoreboard has been tough on the 1's so far.

At the business end of the season, I can see Norths, Uni, Marlins and the Hobbits battling it out in the semis.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Big call HJ - 2 of your 4 tips are below easts

Team P W D L F A Df BP 4t BP <7p BP Pts
Sydney University 6 5 0 1 323 124 199 6 1 7 27
Southern Districts 6 5 0 1 258 104 154 5 1 6 26
Eastern Suburbs 6 5 0 1 154 104 50 4 0 4 24
Randwick 6 4 1 1 188 119 69 5 0 5 23
Eastwood 6 4 0 2 175 129 46 5 2 7 23
Parramatta 6 3 0 3 188 151 37 3 2 5 17
Manly 6 3 0 3 154 139 15 3 2 5 17
West Harbour 6 3 0 3 136 166 -30 2 1 3 15
Northern Suburbs 6 2 1 3 156 175 -19 3 1 4 14
Warringah 6 1 0 5 79 247 -168 1 0 1 5
Gordon 6 0 0 6 119 249 -130 1 0 1 1
Penrith 6 0 0 6 56 279 -223 0 0 0 0
P=Played W=Wins D=Draws L=Losses F=Points For A=Points Against Df=Points Difference BP 4t=Four Tries BP <7p=Close Losses BP=Total Bonus Points Pts=Ladder Points

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
if norths can get on a run, then they will shake the top of the ladder. They have manly this week, a tough one, then warringah, wests (another tough one) and gordon, penrith. These rounds will decide their season i feel.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Big call HJ - 2 of your 4 tips are below easts

Wouldn't worry about the Beasties.

I started a thread on April 13 about their Colts performances this year on the Easts Club Shute Shield SubForum and suggested that they may be the 2014 smokies. To date there has been 207 views of that post and no replies.

It would appear that no one is interested. :)

While Norths and the Marlins may be languishing near the basement at the moment, I think both have a Hurricanes and Crusaders like ability to rocket up the ranks towards the business end of the season based on the quality and depth of their player rosters.

As Tahs fans know all so well, starting well out of the blocks does not guarantee a place in the finals series.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I started a thread on April 13 about their Colts performances this year on the Easts Club Shute Shield SubForum and suggested that they may be the 2014 smokies. To date there has been 207 views of that post and no replies.

It would appear that no one is interested. :)

Ah well - that's where they differ from the Tahs: they and their supporters are not talking them up

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
After last week, the shoreman had want to pull their finger out if they are to feature in the finals. They possibly need to look at their 2's and using some of those players. The 2's colts comp has some strong teams and great talent, so to be undefeated in the grade shows that they are a solid outfit. Maybe some of their firsts need to drop down to either gain confidence, or learn what they are doing and emulate it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Almost the identical Norths team that put Uni to the Sword gets done like a dinner by Marlins, who had previously been thumped by Uni. Go figure. Who'd be a Coach?

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
What a great day of rugby out at rat park on Saturday. The womens were on, rats v penrith, school boy rugby trial, riverview v st augustines, and colts, norths v warringah. The womens game was great, with warringah too strong in the end, the school boys was awesome, with riveriew showing they will be a force in the GPS comp this year, but st augustines far from ordinary. The norths first colts finally aimed up with a win, albeit a tight one with the rats showing plenty of skill, power and ticker to make it a close one. The Norths 2's and 3's look genuine title contenders, both with clinical second halves, ensuring plenty of tries and solid wins. Great to see good crowd watching a night game of rugby, hopefully the first of many night games, the atmosphere was awesome.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Solid effort by the lads, three from three today. 3's played well, 2's still the standout I think. And ones just get home in the end.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Seconds colts again showed they are the form team to beat this season. A slow start, but a clinical finish, 46-12. They have a lot of depth, and the old adage, a team is only as good as it bench, is ringing true.
Ones started with gusto, but basic errors seemed to stifle their momentum. In the end, they proved too strong 48-22.
A solid days rugby, and entertaining.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Whilst their grade teams seem to be struggling, in all grades, the future appears bright with the colts in all grades showing pretty good form, if at times patchy. If they can retain the colts for grade next season, things seem certain to turn around.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Well the colts juggernaut rolls on. With only 2 regular rounds to go, Norths will have all 3 teams playing semi final football. A win this week in 1's could see a top 2 finish, a win in 2's will see top spot locked away, and a win in 3's could see a finish in the 3\4 position. With it unlikely any grades teams will play finals footy, this is a great result for this club, but more so, their players.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There is a good roster at the Norths Colts. Surprised to see the scoreboard has been tough on the 1's so far.

At the business end of the season, I can see Norths, Uni, Marlins and the Hobbits battling it out in the semis.
Big call HJ - 2 of your 4 tips are below easts<snip>

The business end of the season beckons.
Norths, Uni, Hobbits are in the top 4, Manly are just out of it on equal points with the Beasts.

I didn't pick the rise of the Wicks. They are the smokie of the year, although there will be plenty who will claim that they knew this would happen, and to them there is no surprise.

Anyone in the top 4 could beat the Corporation on a good day to take the chocolates, as the Shoremen have already shown twice.
Finals will be an interesting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.