• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2017 Round 5: Canberra Vikings vs Fiji Drua - Friday @7:30pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
==CANBERRA VIKINGS==
1. Faalelei Sione
2. Folau Fain'ga
3. Joel Penders
4. Darcy Swain
5. Blake Enever
6. Rob Valetini
7. Tom Cusack
8. Lolo Fakaosilea
9. Ryan Lonerran
10. Wharenui Hawera
11. Ben Johnston
12. James Dargaville
13. Andrew Robinson
14. Andrew Muirhead
15. Tom Banks

==RESERVES==
16. Robbie Abel
17. Harrison Lloyd
18. Leslie Lealua-iali'i-Makin
19. Angus Allen
20. Dean Oakman-Hunt
21. Pedro Rolando
22. Mack Hansen
23. Len Ikitau

vs

==FIJIAN DRUA==
1. Joeli Veitayaki Jr.
2. Ratunaisa Nauma
3. Kalivati Tawake
4. Peni Naulago
5. Filimoni Seru
6. Samu Saqiwa
7. Mosese Voka
8. Peni Raidre
9. Frank Lomani
10. Kini Douglas
11. Apete Daveta
12. Eroni Vasiteri
13. John Stewart ©
14. Eroni Sau
15. Apisalome Waqatabu

==RESERVES==
16. Osea Naganilau
17. Eroni Mawi
18. Mosese Ducivaki
19. Mataiasi Ucutabua
20. Sakiusa Nadruku
21. Seru Cavuilati
22. Kitione Taliga
23. Ifereimi Tovilevu

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
the cold weather will favour Canberra, cause our Frozen Fijians can't really play in temperatures below 10degrees.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Vikings look to be giving quite a few locals a start in recent games. The way the Drua have been playing, that could be a risky strategy if a win is the objective. If young player development is the end game, then it's a different matter.

Should be a good game in any case with a lot of exciting rugby on display.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Vikings look to be giving quite a few locals a start in recent games. The way the Drua have been playing, that could be a risky strategy if a win is the objective. If young player development is the end game, then it's a different matter.

Should be a good game in any case with a lot of exciting rugby on display.

I wonder if the Vikings are looking to bring in some experience late in the game having just lost two matches by a close margin.......... And the Vikings scrum just got munted.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How about the ol' Gregan-Finegan flick pass from Lonergan to Swain!

And Cusack goes over......... Hawera should convert to make it 21 - 5. Cusack having a massive game so far.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whats the crowd like?

I'm not sure to be honest...... can't really tell from the coverage and how it compares to their usual crowds........... Great inside ball from Muirhead and Cusack has a double.......... Hawera converts. Vikings 28 - Drua 5

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
After a series of pick and drives the Vikings get another try through Sione.........

Hawera converts.

Vikings 35 - Drua 5

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hawera puts in a grubber, and while it could've gone to a number of Vikings players Banks gets it and we have another try.

Lonergan misses from near the sideline...........

Vikings 47 - Drua 5

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's going to take a big performance from somebody to keep Cusack out of the team of the week.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really thought Cusack was going to get a fourth, but Harry Lloyd goes over right at the end...........

Rolando converts.........

Final score: Vikings 66 - Drua 5

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Drua destroyed hard, no lube.... looks like Cusack is the NUMBER 6 the Wobblies are looking for not shit Hanigan, maybe Chieka might pick him for the final leg of TRC.

thanks god i did not see the game...but lol fijian fans are crying on social media..lol

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A real turn up for a top 4 clash. Fiji looked done by half time and obviously the score reflected that but they couldn't take their chances.

A big game from Tom Cusack and could be pushing for a starting backrow spot next year

A few incidents for the citing commissioner to look at from all reports

T

TOCC

Fijis travel schedule finally caught up with them by the looks of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
This really reminded me of the Saracens-Bath game back in March/April, where Saracens weren't that much better for most of the game, but were still totally in charge. Same here; Fiji were just as good as Canberra in everything but cover defence and the lineout, at least until the 60th minute. Easy to say that travel was the difference, but I wouldn't count that until the hour mark. Real difference was just the small things done right, which let Vikings control the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.