• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2nd Semi - Queensland Country v western force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
In a perfect world RA, WR (World Rugby) and Forrest would be able to sort out all the relevant issues and work together to push the game forward in this country and region. Imagine if we had a competition featuring the 4 Super Rugby plus the Force alongside Western Sydney. Fiji and Samoa. Could even look at bringing in a couple Japanese teams along the lines of WSR Rugby.
amen brother as logic would suggest no brainier all would be better under this scenario of three way collaboration but logic does always prevail with politics, ego's and factional self interest which sadly oz rugby has in spades...if we could get over these major humps, the future for oz rugby could be very bright....but sadly we know this is no easy task as logic vs ego's / self interest has seen the latter in control for the last decade....ever hopeful this could change and change soon with new players like twiggy ball and world rugby with its current board /executive....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Don't have a problem with Deegan, this is one game. I AM however starting to like Stewart.

Exactly. Deegan has been very good all NRC season long, but he put in a poor showing in this match. I am also warming to Stewart a bit. I don't think he is yet managing backline play well, but he is a good, solid footballer and it is good to see a No 10 who is not a turnstile. Hopefully, he will grow into the more intricate aspects of No 10 play.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Exactly. Deegan has been very good all NRC season long, but he put in a poor showing in this match. I am also warming to Stewart a bit. I don't think he is yet managing backline play well, but he is a good, solid footballer and it is good to see a No 10 who is not a turnstile. Hopefully, he will grow into the more intricate aspects of No 10 play.

Completely agree.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Reds are announcing a kicking coach soon, so hopefully we see an improvement.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I’m pretty sure that Stewart did one exit from behind his 25 that went pretty much down to the other 25. He’s clearly got capability.

Yes other times included shite. Kicking coach would surely help with consistency.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I’m pretty sure that Stewart did one exit from behind his 25 that went pretty much down to the other 25. He’s clearly got capability.

Yes other times included shite. Kicking coach would surely help with consistency.

His goal kicking was average, in terrible conditions but I thought his general play stuff was excellent. There was one out on the full but I reckon there were cms in it. There was clearly a game plan to play down their end and he executed it wonderfully. Add in those locks and the work they did in the lineout and the Force just couldn't counter. We also stunted Stander's running game which has been so crucial to them all season.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'd love to see a little more impact at the gain line from the locks but overall they're in a pretty good place for their age.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
His goal kicking was average, in terrible conditions but I thought his general play stuff was excellent. There was one out on the full but I reckon there were cms in it. There was clearly a game plan to play down their end and he executed it wonderfully. Add in those locks and the work they did in the lineout and the Force just couldn't counter. We also stunted Stander's running game which has been so crucial to them all season.

Have to agree on the locks. I’ve been worried on our depth their for ages but they really stood up on the weekend. AS-Y was also taking line outs. And they all put in the hard work in the ducks.

Great display all round showing the real development that is happening through the NRC.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Have to agree on the locks. I’ve been worried on our depth their for ages but they really stood up on the weekend. AS-Y was also taking line outs. And they all put in the hard work in the ducks.

Great display all round showing the real development that is happening through the NRC.

it was the best performance by those locks this NRC I reckon and, probably not coincidentally, the best QLD Country performance too in my eyes.

Reactions: dru

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)

I agree on Hocking and Blythe, they were ruling the lineout. Once they get a year or two and toughen up they will be just what we need. I just feel that if we rely on Stewart as our 10, we are in trouble. He does a lot of things right but he is by far not the complete article we need. Reg, he's a tough nut, but his kicking was patchy and general play not up to scratch. He was lucky that Deegan saved his worst game of the season for this

Status
Not open for further replies.