• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Melbourne Rising vs Queensland Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
30 unanswered points in the second half after leading 32-16 at the break. QC (Quade Cooper) won't be happy with themselves for that capitulation.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Parese was good but I thought Reid was the difference in this game. When he was off the Rising looked poor. When he was on there was more starch in the defense.

As much as we all bag Jack D I thought his boot at full back side a difference too. The forwards seemed to push harder knowing a kick would would be returned with interest. Hopefully a stint in the bench will be a wake up call for the young fella, but one game does not make a season and BIP is not a genuine 10 IMHO.

Was very impressed with slipper to. Not only for his work bit was there checking on hurt players Hanson and the QC (Quade Cooper) winger when they were hurt. Youbwpupd think that would be standard but he was the only player there both times.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Without having seen this game, Bip at 10 could be good for him IMO. An extended period of time at 10 behind Mike Blair turned Laidlaw from a reasonable reserve scrum half into a regular International, first as the last man standing at fly half, then as the first string scrummie and Captain.

Hardly saying Stirzaker and Meehan are at the same level/stage, but a few games next season running with:

Little Red, Bip, Koirobete, Hodge, Sefa, Dom, Jack D. Res: Snowden, Inman/Engo, Engo/Placid

Could be good for a few players development.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
BIP may not be a 10, but his kicking during play was pretty impressive. Has a better kicking game than Stiraker and JD in open play and manages to find the corner.

JD actually looked good when he stepped in at 2nd receiver, was a bit surprised to be honest.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well the 2 kick offs into touch really fucked it for QC (Quade Cooper)

Mason should be hanging his head low. Such an elementary mistake and then multiply it by 2 (consecutively).

QC (Quade Cooper) didn't hold their composure - tried to score off every phase and lacked patience

Anyway a much better performance than last week

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
BIP may not be a 10, but his kicking during play was pretty impressive. Has a better kicking game than Stiraker and JD in open play and manages to find the corner.

JD actually looked good when he stepped in at 2nd receiver, was a bit surprised to be honest.
I'd be interested to know where that change came from. I was mighty confused when Bip ran out with a 10 on his back (also wondered briefly how JD lost height and grew a man-bun).

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
That was the best I have ever seen Jeffo play; hit hard and carried well, as well as being super reliable at the lineout. Pat Leafa also very busy, couple of pilfers and threw pretty well (plus a try)

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I thought the QLD Country side came out strong in the first half but either lost their fire or tired too soon, meanwhile, Rising players and those who were initially on the bench and were called to play out classed their opponents showing that when they put their mind to it, they can do anything. With so many Super Rugby players in the Rising squad, they should be able to defeat a half Red team, but so much depends on their frame of mind. Pat Leafa, Jack D, Tom English, Jonah Placid, Lopeti Tomani, Jordy Reid and Nick Stirzaker were all outstanding as was Sione T and Ah Mu. Great work guys - keep your head in the right place and you can do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.