• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 3: NSW Country v Melbourne Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Correct end result, quality performance from both teams. Hanigan, Figg, Gordon Deegan all very impressive for the Eagles IMO. Think we can afford to lose one of our Opensides next season, Tupai looks a real goer.

Just wish the Refereeing had been to the same standard.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Bloody close game in the end. Thought Figg and Hanigan were the best for the Eagles. English and Jeffries came to life in that second half. Was always going to be tough to win, but thought they did well.

Is Sam Figg qualified for OZ BaaBaas?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Young gun Tom Robertson was called up to the Wallabies—Perth-bound to prepare for the Pumas—and left at half time.

Rising scrum really got on top in the second 40.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Fuck me. The ball gets thrown into Placid's chest and gets a card.

Did you watch the same footage as me? Placid threw an arm out at the ball and it hit his forearm, he was never going for an actual intercept, he just wanted to stop the Eagles attacking. YC every day of the week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Did you watch the same footage as me? Placid threw an arm out at the ball and it hit his forearm, he was never going for an actual intercept, he just wanted to stop the Eagles attacking. YC every day of the week.

That was my take on it. There wasn't a lot of reaction time but Placid did throw an arm out and knock the ball down. It had to be at least a penalty. Houston was consistent in that regard when he yellow carded Newsome late in the game.

The penalty that I thought was outrageous was when he penalised the Eagles bench near the end of the game for touching the ball.

The Rising player (was it Leota) passed the ball straight out of play and it went straight to the players on the bench. How were they not meant to touch it?

Given that it was obviously an Eagles throw in to the lineout it wasn't like they were interfering to prevent the Rising from playing on or something (which would certainly deserve a penalty).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Same thing happened on Saturday.
So the refs must have been directed to crack down on these 'infringements',I can't remember seeing this ever penalised previously.

I think it's a good rule,if the opposition are denied a quick lineout,but in both instances it was their own team,so I don't understand the logic in penalising the team 'in possession'

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Definitely saw it penalised last year , going against the Vikings in Canberra. Can't remember who the opposition was.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Definitely saw it penalised last year , going against the Vikings in Canberra. Can't remember who the opposition was.

Think it was against the Rising in the semi-final? I do remember it was a televised match because the commentator blew up about it, much like Cam Shepherd did on Sunday.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
What a very good game. Watched it last night, and was very impressed. Struth, Melbourne turned up the heat defensively in the last 20 minutes or so. I was wincing.

A good crowd makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.