• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 4: NSW Country Eagles v Sydney Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought Baldwin and Figg won the game for the Eagles at the breakdown.
Stars were too inaccurate and slow with the cleanouts. Robertson, Coolican and Philip probably pick of the Stars piggies.

Pretty sure that one of Jones tries may be questionable if reviewed frame by frame, but Sir awarded it so it is what it is.

Some individual performances were OK today in Stars pack, but leadership from Dennis, McCutcheon and experience from Hanson, chutzpah from Hickey and mongrel from Latu were missing today, and as @Rugbynutter says above the Stars will need them to Twinkle against the Heavyweights of Vikings and BrisVegas.

Mitchell Short performed well for the Eagles hairdressers, and WTF does Jones (and so many other wings) seem to prefer the chip and chase? He has kicked the pill away far too much for my liking. The chip and chase looks good when it comes off, but percentage wise it is a very high risk option. Hold on to the pill and build pressure.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Stars were too inaccurate and slow with the cleanouts. Robertson, Coolican and Philip probably pick of the Stars piggies.

Pretty sure that one of Jones tries may be questionable if reviewed frame by frame, but Sir awarded it so it is what it is.

Some individual performances were OK today in Stars pack, but leadership from Dennis, McCutcheon and experience from Hanson, chutzpah from Hickey and mongrel from Latu were missing today, and as @Rugbynutter says aboive the Stars will need them to Twinkle against the Heavyweights of Vikings and BrisVegas.

Mitchell Short performed well for the Eagles hairdressers, and WTF does Jones (and so many other wings) seem to prefer the chip and chase? He has kicked the pill away far too much for my liking. The chip and chase looks good when it comes off, but percentage wise it is a very high risk option. Hold on to the pill and build pressure.

Can not agree more HJ. Nearly cost the win for the Vikings today against the Spirit as well.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What do you mean by 'player points'? I'm not clear on what this is - is it a Shute Shield thing?

Yes, there's a cap of points you need to be under. Each player is given points depending on the type of player, ie. International, Super Rugby, u20s, Schoolboys etc.

Cyril Towers (30)
Went along to the game in Tamworth yesterday. Considering that all the rock stars were missing and it was a fairly hot day, the quality of rugby was very good. Good turnout of local rugby tragics and the odd VIP (Bill Pulver was there). Jono Lance was a class above and Horwitz looked pretty good too. Stars set piece was solid with a surprisingly good scrum considering the cattle available. All in all a great day out and I am sure Tamworth will put their hand up for more NRC games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Some individual performances were OK today in Stars pack, but leadership from Dennis, McCutcheon and experience from Hanson, chutzpah from Hickey and mongrel from Latu were missing today, and as @Rugbynutter says aboive the Stars will need them to Twinkle against the Heavyweights of Vikings and BrisVegas.

Showing the higher ups he can kick equally well with either foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.