• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC round 1: NSW Country Eagles vs Sydney @ Dubbo - Saturday 31 August 2019

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh Grant must be in the mix for Phipps spot. Kane must be in the mix as well for Tahs development contract as think he has been very good today too.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I watched the game mostly to see how the kids coming through would go. From what I saw of the Tahs youngster players coming through

For Country youngsters, Bell played extremely well. Big heart, big motor and great prospect. Harris was pretty good too same with walker when he came on.

For Sydney youngsters, I thought Harrison and Donaldson combined well as the game rolled on, kept trying and being creative.

Foketi played like a man possessed as did Vui and Swinton. Staniforth played well with great defence and some great hits against the line too, hopefully he does that at Super rugby level

Other players not mentioned (I think) as being contracted, for country I thought Kane, Grant and Clements played well.

Hanigan tackled very well and added aggression but sadly he gave away way too many stupid penalties and rightfully got binned which gave Sydney a leg up and confidence. I wonder if he hadn't gone to the bin would Sydney have made the comeback they did.

McCauley showed that he really needs to bulk up and had very little impact.

Overall the game was good and fun to watch.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, with absolutely zero promotion and/or marketing you can hardly expect much more. Seriously. What do the RA and NSWRU marketing dept. do all day?
Well, with absolutely zero promotion and/or marketing you can hardly expect much more. Seriously. What do the RA and NSWRU marketing dept. do all day?

Way bigger crowd at Mudgee last year.

The locals need to get behind and promote.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I watched the game mostly to see how the kids coming through would go. From what I saw of the Tahs youngster players coming through

For Country youngsters, Bell played extremely well. Big heart, big motor and great prospect. Harris was pretty good too same with walker when he came on.

For Sydney youngsters, I thought Harrison and Donaldson combined well as the game rolled on, kept trying and being creative.

Foketi played like a man possessed as did Vui and Swinton. Staniforth played well with great defence and some great hits against the line too, hopefully he does that at Super rugby level

Other players not mentioned (I think) as being contracted, for country I thought Kane, Grant and Clements played well.

Hanigan tackled very well and added aggression but sadly he gave away way too many stupid penalties and rightfully got binned which gave Sydney a leg up and confidence. I wonder if he hadn't gone to the bin would Sydney have made the comeback they did.

McCauley showed that he really needs to bulk up and had very little impact.

Overall the game was good and fun to watch.

I thought Hanigan was the difference between the 2 sides. He was a level above IMO.
Obviously wants Cheika to know he is available if required.

I am not too sure about the penalties he gave away. Don't know what the infringement was for when the yellow was given.

He looked particularly good when he moved to 8.