• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 4: Melbourne Rising V Brisbane City

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Good game so far.

Ref not rewarding the Rising at the breakdown. Lots of steals being killed by those entering from the side.

Rising are very lucky at the ruck IMO, killing the ball by going straight over, they need to be competeting for the ball not just bridging over the ball

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Rising are very lucky at the luck IMO, killing the ball by going straight over, they need to be competeting for the ball not just bridging over the ball
Yeah, nah. On the touchline. If it's not from the side, it's off their feet. If it's not off their feet, it's taking them out beyond the ruck. Plus a rucking about 3m off the ball by the City 12 which was ignored.

T

TOCC

Yeah, nah. On the touchline. If it's not from the side, it's off their feet. If it's not off their feet, it's taking them out beyond the ruck. Plus a rucking about 3m off the ball by the City 12 which was ignored.

Haha I think you'll find the referee is giving both teams a lot of leeway at the ruck, Rising players are going off their feet, bridging over the ruck with your hands on the ground to support your weight is a penalty, the only time it is remotely allowed is when a player is going for the ball, doing it otherwise is dangerous play

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
enjoyed the game. Had my 2 kids plus brother watch and we agreed the local suburban feel was a nice touch. Looked like a decent crowd and a good game.
Cant wait to see the Rams game tomorrow.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Seriously doubt that Nick Frisby has much feel for the game. Full arm penalty and he takes the quick tap, runs about a metre or two and kicks for touch. Rising ball into the lineout when City could have taken the penalty for touch and had the throw in at approx the same spot.
I think he did it twice, same result both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom