• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Thanks guys

Anyone know how Joey's got on in the 15's ?

Just saw a YouTube video on them this morning and was curious whether they represent best standard etc

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Thanks guys

Anyone know how Joey's got on in the 15's ?

Just saw a YouTube video on them this morning and was curious whether they represent best standard etc

Lost against Kings in Rnd 2 15-3 and lost against Riverview on Round 5 21 - 15. Won all other matches. Think they would have finished 3rd. For Joeys 16A undefeated 15A Won 3 lost 2 14A Won 4 lost 1 13A Won 4 lost 1

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Would be great to get winners of CAS , Sydney GPS , Brisbane AIC and Brisbane GPS get together in Coffs or Armidale ( half way point ) on the 2nd Saturday in September and play a 4 x team round robin from U15A and up (including 2nds )

Make it an annual event

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
What makes you think that?
They have a pretty hectic program, training every school day, including 2 early morning gym sessions.

Shore know a bit about fitness conditioning from rowing program.

But all the schools might be operating similar programs. I did sense Newington were not as fit,

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They have a pretty hectic program, training every school day, including 2 early morning gym sessions.

Shore know a bit about fitness conditioning from rowing program.

But all the schools might be operating similar programs. I did sense Newington were not as fit,

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Rowing 6ish minutes
Rugby 70

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
With 21 players in year 11, for either 1st or 2nd XV they are investment for 2018. There was always a feeling that 2017 would be a lean year for our 1st XV despite some promising results against SIC W29-20 and KGS 29-17.

Hence, I believe Newington will have the potential to challenge, both Kings and Joeys who are likely to be potential favourites for 2018.

B&W any early form guide or update on Newington for 2018? Please have a go at naming a starting side.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
maybe that's the issue: although the serious year 12 rowers do only one sport I believe

There is no edict at Shore not to do both. You can't start training for Rugby before HOTR is finished but that's it. Its true that last year there were no boys doing both however the members of the 1st VII weren't serious Rugby players in the first place and self-selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.