• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Augustine's hae a talented side, but they only got back from Japan on Monday or Tuesday. Think that the Sannix tournament is fairly attritional, with a fairly heavy load of games, so at the very least Augustines would have been jaded.

How many from Waverley 2017 1sts are back this year? That was a quality side who could have beaten pretty much anyone.

Scots sound fairly imposing and will take a good team to beat them.

Hopoate out for Auggies as well.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The loser to assume the Avatar or Dr Lambert

And Dr Lambert to be mentioned in every post for 1 week

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

151118_GBlue_D810_9952_Lge.jpg

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I'm up for an Avatar/signature bet

Waverly to lose by 20

HB,

I am not confident of a win at all at SCOTS.
I must admit I thought a "hiding" was more than 20 points, that can be racked up fairly easily these days.
You are clearly confident and I think justifiably so after the Scots win v New at New 54 - blot.

So offer a fair points start at SCOTS, and then the bet is fairer.

Happy to take you on if it's reasonable.

Cheers WLF.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Thanks SM for those results, great to see our 14s continuing where they left off from last year. Great to see the 13s starting off their Rugby at Newington with wins. But most of all, great to see the 15As have a good win, even if Scots use Glen Garry as the reason.

As the for the firsts result, I would rather a heavy defeat in the preseason now, as Scots has set the benchmark for Newington to improve and attain for later games. The same could said of other losing results. Mind you I have doubt that Scots teams can improve also. Its for this reason that I regard the current One Round GPS season, as being seriously inferorior to that of the two round season that existed a couple years ago.

A lot of work to do Black & White.
Newington were outplayed in every facet of the game.
Constantly pushed off their own ball in the set piece despite having a sizeable pack.
Their large forwards tired early in the game and struggled to cross the gain line for most of the match.
The Newington backs did their best but behind sloppy ball were really up against it.

Scots are a formidable team this year......with emphasis on the word team.
They have individuals that will doubtless challenge for higher honours but it is the speed at which they reset the defensive line and instinctively run supporting lines in attack that are their real strengths.
It is only week 2 of the trials but they are already playing as a cohesive unit.
Early days I know but it will take a very good side to beat them in 2018.
Amongst GPS teams Kings and Joeys have emerged as the biggest threats and next week they tackle the CAS premiers in an eagerly anticipated local derby.
The season is getting interesting already.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
HB,

I am not confident of a win at all at SCOTS.
I must admit I thought a "hiding" was more than 20 points, that can be racked up fairly easily these days.
You are clearly confident and I think justifiably so after the Scots win v New at New 54 - blot.

So offer a fair points start at SCOTS, and then the bet is fairer.

Happy to take you on if it's reasonable.

Cheers WLF.
Alot of words WLF

I take it bet is on

Wav have a 20 point start vScots

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Any one else for a Avatar /signature bet giving Wav a 20 point start vs Scots.

WLF are you out there?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Any one else for a Avatar /signature bet giving Wav a 20 point start vs Scots.

WLF are you out there?

Ha HB,

How about we forget the avatar BS, let's just have a gentleman's bet, NO start for either team, just opinions.
It will be a solid game, just hope the weather is fine for a free flowing game.
The Waves will win!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ha HB,

How about we forget the avatar BS, let's just have a gentleman's bet, NO start for either team, just opinions.
It will be a solid game, just hope the weather is fine for a free flowing game.
The Waves will win!
Mate,

If there is a bet, there has to be skin in the game.

Giving you 20 point start. The loser wears Dr Lambert Avatar for 1 week and makes a reference to him in every post.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Mate,

If there is a bet, there has to be skin in the game.

Giving you 20 point start. The loser wears Dr Lambert Avatar for 1 week and makes a reference to him in every post.

Mate,

Happy to have a bet, but you seem obsessed by the Dr Lambert bull s... I know who he is, that's not skin, who cares!
Can't you just back your opinion for a bet, I am sure you can.

20 points is not a hiding, a point you have conveniently avoided.

Anyway, let's just see what happens.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mate,

Happy to have a bet, but you seem obsessed by the Dr Lambert bull s. I know who he is, that's not skin, who cares!
Can't you just back your opinion for a bet, I am sure you can.

20 points is not a hiding, a point you have conveniently avoided.

Anyway, let's just see what happens.
Mate,

It's the Internet.

And we are having fun.