• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
14A and 15A to New. Didn't stay beyond that. 15A is New's weakest age group, so that's a good result for the boys. 14A a very good game of rugby - 3 tries to 2 in the end.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well, aside from the massacre in the 1st XV, a winger in the Shore 2nds bagged a hat-trick this week after getting a double against Joeys last week. Same sort of player as Rixon was for Shore back in 2016, lightening speed and a magnificent ability to regather his own kicks, he's only in year 11 as well so there's promise for next year. You'd hope he'd get a gig in a 1s this year though, preferably as soon as possible.
Doesn’t sound like their wingers are seeing much positive action.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
14A and 15A to New. Didn't stay beyond that. 15A is New's weakest age group, so that's a good result for the boys. 14A a very good game of rugby - 3 tries to 2 in the end.

QH,

There will be some really good match ups next week for New v Waves, particularly in the 14as,15as and 16as.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
QH,

There will be some really good match ups next week for New v Waves, particularly in the 14as,15as and 16as.

I'm looking forward to a great day of rugby next week. At Stanmore I think? 14s will be at the desolation otherwise known as Tempe Recreation Reserve.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I'm looking forward to a great day of rugby next week. At Stanmore I think? 14s will be at the desolation otherwise known as Tempe Recreation Reserve.

QH,

The 14s and 15s are at Waverley and both A teams have been put on Queens Park no.1 which I think is pretty special and will allow all teams to really show their wares, The 14as play at 1pm and the 15as at 12.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
QH,

The 14s and 15s are at Waverley and both A teams have been put on Queens Park no.1 which I think is pretty special and will allow all teams to really show their wares, The 14as play at 1pm and the 15as at 12.

Fantastic. There should be more lateral thinking like this.

Reactions: WLF

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Yep if the opens and 16s aren't playing at home, why wouldn't you let the 15/14/13as etc enjoy the big arena.
Couldn't agree more with you QH.

I know when we play at Riverview,the last 5 times in a row I might add, we are always put on a postage size/junior school field.
We played there 3 weeks ago in the 14 and 15as, the AFL was on no.1.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I heard that a roster system was/is in place for the allocation of ovals to teams at Newington. In the past this most notably in 16A game some years ago caused some anger. So yes, a sense of the occasion should be the determinant.

Oh, any chance of New results against St.Augustines in 1st,2nds and 16As would be most appreciated.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yep if the opens and 16s aren't playing at home, why wouldn't you let the 15/14/13as etc enjoy the big arena.
Couldn't agree more with you QH.

I know when we play at Riverview,the last 5 times in a row I might add, we are always put on a postage size/junior school field.
We played there 3 weeks ago in the 14 and 15as, the AFL was on no.1.
You blokes should be used to ratbaggery from the jesuits!

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
How was the match officiating? Heard that it was less than perfect. Anyone care to comment?

There was nothing wrong with the officiating, Scots definitely had more PK than Waves, the Scots lads had their opportunities but dropped the ball too often with opportunities beckoning; well done to the Waves 16A team to win away from death valley...

Reactions: WLF

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
I mean, surely you need to have some sense of context. Scots were clearly the better team today and with a professional rugby staff and resources schools like Waverley could just dream about so it should be. But it's still schoolboy rugby so games still need to be won. Full credit to Scots -they are very organised, very big and as you would expect from professional coaching they know when to use the driving maul (I seem to recall this is what Matt Williams did with Knox).

It is very unfair to compare Moretti surrounded by three other Australian schoolboys in his team as was he case last year and Moretti as the sole rep Scots obviously knew he would be the go-to man and double teamed him in defence. In the end he was guilty of trying to do too much on his own to get something going as Waverley were tackled out of the game.

Can't recall Waverley being gifted tries by Scots but if the author thinks this is the case then he should also refer to those gifted to Scots by Waverley - it is schoolboys after all. At the end of the day this is a dogged but limited Waverley team, coached by teachers who have day jobs and this year's cohort were never going to be the same as last year's. Scots are well-resourced, professionally coached and a good team that will probably go all the way.

I got there for the second half of the 2nds game that Scots won 15-12 and I must say it was a cracker from two evenly matched teams who went for it hammer and tongs but in a very good spirit. Beautiful day for rugby on top of everything. And given Waverley pantsed Scots in the 16s the future (depending on who turns up out of the blue for Scots in Year 11) may be rosier than today. Regardless, given the number of kids who seem to know each other in Scots and Waverley I'm not sure why this isn't an annual fixture.

Anyway, from the match reports I've seen to date you would think Barker are red-hot favourites for the Henry Plume Shield. Except for the fact that it's schoolboys...

A convincing win for Scots at Bellevue.
Waverley outclassed.
Scots too strong, too fit and too fast.
Was looking forward to seeing Moretti but he had a quiet game.
He's a big unit but found it hard to make headway against Scots highly organised defence.
Looks better suited to League, disappeared for long periods struggling to keep up with the fast moving game.
Will Harris the Scots number 8 far more impressive.
Big and fit he was everywhere running like a back with ball in hand.
Scots have a formidable pack this year and were consistently pushing the tiring Waverley forwards off their own ball.
Backs showing promise but have yet to settle down and gifted Waverley 2 of their tries through mistakes.
Based on todays performance Waverley will need to step it up to emulate last years performance.
It's a shame they turned down Scots offer of a match last year when they were at their peak.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
There was nothing wrong with the officiating, Scots definitely had more PK than Waves, the Scots lads had their opportunities but dropped the ball too often with opportunities beckoning; well done to the Waves 16A team to win away from death valley.

Yes well said, in fact the game wasn't even close, I chose not to say anything about the game in the 1sts, wouldn't have changed the result but in the 1st half there were some very poor calls which hurts when you are playing a very good team.

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes well said, in fact the game wasn't even close, I chose not to say anything about the game in the 1sts, wouldn't have changed the result but in the 1st half there were some very poor calls which hurts when you are playing a very good team.

Are you talking about the 16A or the 1st XV WLF? The 16A game appeared never to be in doubt as the 16A Waves team was all over the Scots team in all facets of play.. (I had to leave before the 1st XV game unfortunately...)

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I must say the #12 for 16A Waves was very good today, and while smaller then his counterpart was difficult to handle and kicked goals very well...