• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Well the Grammar win really throws a cat amongst the pigeons given TAS beat Grammar comfortably and Joeys were the out and out favourites.

It sure does. Well done Grammar! I will comment on the TAS match in a second, but first does anybody have any other thirds results including High v Kings?

Thanks for the ScotsvTAS program CJ. Will be interested to see if your reactions to the match are the same as mine.

As the 34-0 nil score line suggests, Scots 3 were clearly the better team, but it wasn't quite one sided as the score would suggest.

The two teams were pretty equal in the forwards. It was the big and fast Scots backs throwing the ball round who did the damage. The TAS boys tackled well and never gave up, but when a tackle was missed Scots quickly gained an overlap. They also used the kick well on two occasions. On the few occasions when TAS could molest properly, weaknesses showed up.

TAS lacked penetration. They seemed to rely on their pick and drive too often. That could threaten, they were pressing the Scots line at the end of the first half, with oranges delayed for a number of minutes after the end of the half as TAS retained possession and attacked the Scots line, but they were't making the yards even with multiple phases.

To my mind, and i don't pretend expertise now, the TAS backs weren't playing well today. There were too many handling errors, long passes, too much running back into traffic. There weren't the multiple passes and penetration that has made the TAS backs dangerous in recent years. On the positive side, they tackled and tackled, with Scots denying them the opportunity to settle and play a more open game.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Just for the record, these are the results of the other TAS Scots games:
  • Tas Seconds v Scots fifths. Scots won 32-10
  • TAS 16As v Scots 16Bs. Scots won 36-0
  • TAS 15Bs v Scots 15Bs, TAS 15As were not playing. Scots won 29-24
  • TAS 14As v Scots 14Bs Scots won 45-7
  • TAS 14Bs v Scots 14Ds. TAS won 41-32
  • TAS 13As v Scots 13Cs. Scots won 45-7
  • TAS 13Bs v Scots 13Es, Scots won 35-30
Hope i got all that right!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Many thanks Quick Hands,Great results with our A Teams, Hopefully the 13As will continue the success.

Let's hope the 1st XV can put it together against Trinity. I am somewhat amazed that this year's First's is performing so badly. Do you have any insights as to their poor performance. By all accounts they have talented players, experience and a great coaching program.

Not too hopeful about the firsts. Trinity beat Joeys a couple of weeks ago and on form it's hard to tip New.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just for the record, these are the results of the other TAS Scots games:
  • Tas Seconds v Scots fifths. Scots won 32-10
  • TAS 16As v Scots 16Bs. Scots won 36-0
  • TAS 15Bs v Scots 15Bs, TAS 15As were not playing. Scots won 29-24
  • TAS 14As v Scots 14Bs Scots won 45-7
  • TAS 14Bs v Scots 14Ds. TAS won 41-32
  • TAS 13As v Scots 13Cs. Scots won 45-7
  • TAS 13Bs v Scots 13Es, Scots won 35-30
Hope i got all that right!
I noticed a few weeks ago that those Scots lower grade teams are quite good at the core skills of the game. Some good skills coaching going on there IMO.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1st XV update: Joeys 24 Knox 17 with 16 minutes remaining
Backs starting to click
Joeys have issues in the engine room. Need some serious reworking of that scrum.
Are the new laws causing issues? Hard to bind through legs if you have never been taught properly

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
Knox lose 12 and 13 early in half

Try saving strip by Knox 5 meters short of line Joeys looked certain to scorec- another Knox player goes down injured but eventually allowed to continue

2 more Knox replacements - makes 4 in total since start of half 2

Joeys 9 burrows over from a meter out - Joeys 19 Knox 17

Joeys score almost from kick off - could become a blow out
Knox dropping off tackles in open play as they did for periods in the first half
Another try to Joeys 31/17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1st XV update: Joeys 31 Knox 17 with 11 minutes remaining
Knox looking out on their feet

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
aabbb0847e16e5e3bb3a44f1d1654a1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk