• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I’ve never seen anything like it before. Augustine’s wanted to be a part of the new program and were happily invited in.

They knew they were going to Japan, let people know well in advance so other games can be arranged.

I feel for the Joeys boys who deserve the chance to play some footy.
They have form. Last year their ground was washed out for a trial v Knox. An invitation to play on Knox 1 was rebuffed. As l understand it, no reason was given. Agreed it’s strange behaviour for a school
professing to want an invite to the party

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
No wonder people have the impression of the GPS they do.
As I said on the ISA thread to similar ill informed comments about Auggies

"With due respect and not wanting to get into a bun fight. People who needed to know knew.
if Joeys didn't speak to the people who are in charge of putting this together or they didn't speak to Joeys that is not Auggies fault.. Auggies and most people with rugby knowledge knew nearly 12 months ago that Auggies would be at Sanix.
Try a bit of praise for their efforts in SANIX rather than this negative incorrect material"

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Cross posted with the ISA forum
TAS and KWS are playing today in the trials. The details from the TAS web site are.
RUGBY – TAS v KINROSS Saturday 5th May 2018 At Coonabarabran No.1 Oval Chappell St Coonabarabran
TAS v KWS Venue Time
1st XV Main Oval 2:45 pm
2nd XV Main Oval 1:30 pm
3rd XV Main Oval 12:00 pm. 3 x 20 minute thirds
16A Main Oval 11:00 am
16B Oval 2 (Dog Track) 12:00 pm
15A Oval 3 (Back oval) 2:00 pm
15B Oval 3 (Back oval) 1:00 pm
14A Oval 2 (Dog Track) 1:00 pm
14B Oval 2 (Dog Track) 11:00 am 3 x 20 minute thirds
13A Oval 3 (Back oval) 12:00 pm
13B Oval 3 (Back oval) 11:00 am *

Coonabarabran Cup The teams involved in the 1st XV fixture will play for the ‘Coonabarabran Cup’. Both schools would like to acknowledge the outstanding support of the Coonabarabran Junior Rugby Club in the running of this fixture.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
No wonder people have the impression of the GPS they do.
As I said on the ISA thread to similar ill informed comments about Auggies

"With due respect and not wanting to get into a bun fight. People who needed to know knew.
if Joeys didn't speak to the people who are in charge of putting this together or they didn't speak to Joeys that is not Auggies fault.. Auggies and most people with rugby knowledge knew nearly 12 months ago that Auggies would be at Sanix.
Try a bit of praise for their efforts in SANIX rather than this negative incorrect material"

Grow up you guys. Fact - St Augustine’s advised Joeys last week of term 1. To expect Joeys should have known that you decided to thumb your nose and go to Japan is ridiculous. Downright rude and don’t expect an invite again anytime soon. Joeys should have pulled the whole card but that would have only affected all the other kids from both schools.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Despite the gulf between the CAS and GPS 1sts competition narrowing markedly over the past few years, the depth of the GPS schools still seems to be a good deal greater than the depth of the CAS. Shore 4ths up by a good margin in the first half against Knox.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Despite the gulf between the CAS and GPS 1sts competition narrowing markedly over the past few years, the depth of the GPS schools still seems to be a good deal greater than the depth of the CAS. Shore 4ths up by a good margin in the first half against Knox.

Joeys 16F 58 beat St Pius A 10
Now that is a gulf.

BTW...St Augustine's played Joeys A grade teams in other age groups.

Joeys 13A 59 St Augustine's 0
Joeys 14A 7 St Augustine's 42
Joeys 15A 31 St Augustine's 21
Joeys 16A 20 St Augustine's 0

1st XV game would have been interesting

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
First time I've been to Knox's main oval, very pleasant atmosphere and plenty of seats for viewing but the lack of a warm up area seems to be a bit of an issue. Teams have been warming up in the 22 while the prior game goes on which can lead to a few hairy situations.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
a few hairy situations.
Surely you are not talking about the Knox pie? One of the best in the CAS, almost as good as the famous Northbridge pie.

Gourmet-Pies.jpg

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington is playing Oakhill with a strong representation by Oakhill in the 13s (5 teams) and 15s (4 teams). !4s are fielding 3 teams and 16s just two and 5 in the opens. Unfortunately, Newington don't set out their teams on their website so their numbers are something of a mystery until team numbers are finalised.
Nevertheless, if any New or Oak supporters can provide results they would deeply, appreciated. Work commitments prevent me from attendance, prior to my departure to the UK.

bighit123

Frank Row (1)
Joeys 16F 58 beat St Pius A 10
Now that is a gulf.

Was shocked by the Pius result as I have heard that aren't a bad side- so I checked the Pius draw.
It reads:
16C 11:00 St Joseph’s College College E (St Josephs)
Unless they mixed it around, it was the Pius 16C's (their lowest team in that age).
The 16A side was playing against Cranbrook at Hordern.