• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can we have another thread that only covers GPS teams that are not either 1sts or 2nds please? All that chat about 10ths for example isn't really relevant to the majority of those who browse this topic here...it's getting rather tiresome...
Am all for those who love talking about rugby and so forth and no matter what level of skill...but this is a bit too far, sorry to say that...

S

Sport Fan

Absolutely in agreement with you. Separate thread please. Sorry I can't share Dragonslayer666's enthusiasm.

B

blueandblack

newington 51 - 7 joeys
late in 2nd half.

Yeh boys well done u deserved it .... WE R THE CHAMPIONS

T

Thismybrotha

Dear God. What happened Joeys?

Well this confirms Newington's premiership. Even if they lose next week they will still win it outright. Well done New, broke a 31 year drought! I hope Newington were gracious with their win...

Well done to the Joeys lad who scored the try - who was it?

Also other results?

B

blueandblack

i would disagree with that comment.
The boys did not do joeys proud. When have you heard of joeys loosing by 50 in a 1sts match. Dark days for joeys rugby

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Boys did Joeys proud. Beat teams that no one thought they should have. Newington better team.

Take a reality check Sarge. That is not a good score. No team from Joeys ever dogs it but gee no words can sugercoat a score like that.

T

Thismybrotha

Lets not just focus on the Joeys New game.

Someone give the other results please!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
What the fuck??

I've lost 70-0 as a schoolboy and I still put in for 80 minutes. Joeys have had a great season and they deserve a lot of credit. Sometimes momentum goes the other way all day.

Haven't you blokes ever copped a flogging? Did anyone try to make you feel worse about it? A couple of you need what Observer suggests - a reality check.

T

The Blindside

Newington had been building toward a big win all season an the rugby gods smiled on them today. The Newington forwards would have destroyed any GPS team today - Joeys were simply unlucky to be the opponent on the day it "clicked" for Newington. Bring on Riverview next week and see if Newington are good enough to become undefeated champions as well as premiers.

P

pitbull

My guess is that Joeys went into the game over confident, hoping that newington would choke

T

The Blindside

I can't confirm the accuracy of the comment but a Newington Old Boy told me this afternoon that today was Joey's second biggest loss ever - the worst being 51-0 against Grammar in 1923

T

The Blindside

Hammer
I recall watching joeys getting belted week in and week out back in the 70's. Those were dark days as well. But history shows Joeys bounce back and keep trying. Today the best team won and deserve their title. Joeys will be back. If they win next week then a shared runners up title is quite a good result.

Sarge, I agree with your comments and mean no disrespect to Joeys. They tried all day but were simply outclassed by a much bigger, stronger and faster team who were running hot

O

oldboy

Newington 51 Joeys 7

The big Newington forwards imposed themselves from the start and didn't let up until the final whistle blew. Hugh Roach, Ezrah Amituani and Joel Luani were the standout forwards, relentlessly pouding the joeys defensive lines and often exposing weakness. To joeys credit, they never gave up but Newington proved too strong; winning scrums against the feed and counter-rucking joeys breakdowns.

Impact player Dillon Walford from Joey's was...standoffish, for which he cannot be blamed after receiving a bone crunching hit from number 8 Luani. Joey's standout back was Le Lievre, capitalising on lazy defence to score Joey's only try. However, the remainder of Joey's backs struggled. Despite a few breaks down the wing, their play on the ball was stagnant and lack lustre; entailing loose passes and poor ball security.

As always, Apolosi Latunipulu stamped dominance and class on the game. While demonstrating an uncanny ability to break tackles the Australian Rep also made use of his 13 Roods, often putting him in space with good ball. Credit must also go to winger Roye, making a number of good runs down the sideline. The newington backline defence was also impeccable, shutting down the lightning fast Joey's back and forcing the aforementioned Joey's mistakes.

The whistle blew and while the scoreline was grim for Joey's they showed dignity; tunnelling the Newington 1st XV off the field. I don't think any other side would have lost as graciously as Joey's did today.

And one round out of the season's close the premiership was decided. Newington broke a 32 year drought in what they will hope, was the start of a new era.

Status
Not open for further replies.