• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hecticpatto

btw how many year 10s are in the newington first and seconds??

U

unclechester

anyone know what the newingtion 2nd fifteen like???
From all accounts this year newington will have much more depth in their opens sides than previous years, with a strong 2s side yes. Dont expect any walk overs.

B

baldingwingforward

I am trying to get out to watch Newington vs Joeys this weekend but not sure if i will make it due to work commitments.

Is anyone able to list the Newington 1st XV line up for this week and also list who is still out injured and where they might come in to the side if fit in time for round 1? I know Roods has been out. Is he playing yet? Any other "stars" still out?

Blindside you normally have all the mail on New. Can you post a team list mate?

I

International Badboy

With all this talk about Joeys and their 16 year olds playing First XV and being either strong enough, or not (whichever angle you are taking), just thought I'd mention that New are apparently playing 4, possibly 5, 16s in firsts this weekend. Not sure whether that tells you that New don't rate Joeys much, or whether these New boys are as up to the task as their Joeys counterparts apparently are, but it does mean that the sides should be fairly balanced in terms of having a mix of young uns and old uns.

sounds interesting if i remember last year the 15As game was at stanmore with something like a 12-13 or 11-10 scoreline also wondering what positions these Newboys are in any helpers??

B

bighughie

Does anyone have any idea about how the other GPS schools (Besides Newington and Joeys, we've heard enough of them) I'd like to know how Riverview or Shore will shape up this season.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I can tell you Grammar have some potential but the front row needs a bit of work so they can secure good set piece ball. Some talented backs. May come close to one or two and not so close to three or four.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Anyone no the deal with High this year? ive heard rumours that they could be playing again this year?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Also can anyone confirm the rumor that the Riverview v Joeys game will be played at 11 this year? I have been told it may happen to stop a repeat of the old boy antics of last year

B

baldingwingforward

Yes, confirmed...2nds to play earlier also...

You could argue it won't actually make any difference either. The old boys of both colleges will still go nuts the night before. Depending on what times the games kick off they will potentially not bother going to bed from the night before, or still be absolutely hammered.

Pretty tough call on the boys from both schools and it will totally change the dynamic of the day and probably result in a much smaller crowd.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
You could argue it won't actually make any difference either. The old boys of both colleges will still go nuts the night before. Depending on what times the games kick off they will potentially not bother going to bed from the night before, or still be absolutely hammered.

Pretty tough call on the boys from both schools and it will totally change the dynamic of the day and probably result in a much smaller crowd.
Hopefully it will only be a one off but i agree with your comment on the old boys still coming on the juice

B

bighughie

I can tell you Grammar have some potential but the front row needs a bit of work so they can secure good set piece ball. Some talented backs. May come close to one or two and not so close to three or four.

Thanks for that information Spewn, looks like it's going to be an interesting season. And to everyone else i'm still all ears on information on other schools.

R

rugby5

Hopefully it will only be a one off but i agree with your comment on the old boys still coming on the juice

no matter what time the game is it is almost a tradition for the old boys to get on the drink so i dont think it will change anything...

semi

Bob McCowan (2)
rumour has it that the reason for the time change of the view joeys game this year is that the police have refused to show up if the game was scheduled for 3.15. Another rumour is that this is the last chance, and that if the old boys do fight/streak/run onto the field, then the venue will be changed in the future. Like I said, these are rumours, however, the first one seems plausible.

B

bighughie

What do you mean by "the venue will be changed" do you mean to say that it will be played at neither View or Joeys.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seriously, how retarded are these old boys that they need to carry on like a bunch of half-cut fools at a schoolboy game to the point they have to look at the logistics of whether Police can or cannot attend, or the match has to be moved? Sounds like more than a few need to move on from school, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.