• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Anyway, enough of this Pulver debate.

As I said earlier, any early predictions for this weeks round?

THE REF 94

Frank Nicholson (4)
Don't want to make a call on Shore Riverview until I hear about Riverview's injuries. From wht I hear in the latter stages half of the seconds was playing against Scots.

I knew Scots would beat Joeys but admitedly I thought they would lose to Riverview. Newington are still premiership favourites for me. Sounds ike Scots forwards have finally aimed up, but Newington to start to dominate the forwards in the second half. A great contest in the backs. Lussick, Milne, Moeroa and Vlahos vs. Kellaway, Stewart and Horwitz. Newington to win a tight one & put one hand on the trophy. Hopefully the conditions are better than this week so that both backlines have the opportunity to showcase their talent. More to come later in the week...

P

Pawl

Newington to beat Scots (+5)
Kings to beat Grammar (+50)
Shore to beat Riverview (+3)

G

G&GR News Bot

The palm trees were swaying, the planes overhead were flying sideways coming in to land at Mascot, and a dark pall hungover Johnson Oval, with Newington not taking any of the games from 10 o’clock onwards. Could this be the days of upsets? No. It was a dire, dark, mistake-riddled game that tend to happen

Click this link to read the full article...

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Pulver was dropped from the GPS 2nds to the GPS 3rds before missing out on NSW selection completely. However, he was quite rightly chosen in Combined States, where he was hands down the best halfback of the state championships, something that earned him selection within the Australian schoolboys.

Such a series of events shows that if anything, Pulver was not reliant, but rather the victim of the nepotism of the GPS competition.
Not having a potshot at you Michael, but I don't understand the last paragraph

G

G&GR News Bot

Shore travelled south of the bridge wary of an enthusiastic Grammar in conditions that could have provided an unlikely result. Shore was relishing the chance to get back into the swing of things after the bye and work on their defensive patterns, whilst Grammar was looking to score their first points of the season. Crowd:

Click this link to read the full article...

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Newington 29 - Joeys 13. A few points on yesterdays game.

I've been saying that for a team to stop Newington they need to shut down Milne and Moera, and in the first 30 minutes Joeys did just that. Everytime Tepai got the ball Goldie was there to put him on his ass and let him know it afterwards. You could see how much it was frustrating Tepai, and when he's frustrated so is Milne. Joeys couldn't keep this up all game but if Scots or Shore can....

Piggy Robertson and Manbear-lees both showed that they should be in the Austraian Schools side for the upcoming tour. I think most people can agree with that.

Standouts
Joeys - 1,2,6,10
Newington - 1,2,5,9,13,15

Aftert round 3 we pretty much have a 3 horse race with Newington, Shore and Scots all 4 points ahead of the pack. Next weeks game at Scots could be the premiership decider and after yesterday i definitely know who im backing.

For Joeys, its now five years without the title (the equal longest time). While i think there is no problem with Joeys rugby as a whole (2nds, 3rds, 16As, 15As all huge chances at a pennant) there is something wrong with the 1s. Alot of pressure on Brother Anthony to step back, although you could argue that he is the forwards coach and that is not where the problem lies. I do agree that if Joeys wants to start winning they have to start treating their players like professionals much like Scots, Newington and View.

Random2 out

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
isn't it interesting that the schools with the most Aus. schools representatives are not doing swell as hoped e.g. Kings. Are there players not getting enough rest or are they playing too much rugby?

TheInsideGuy

Frank Row (1)
I'd put view as the favourite over shore on the weekend. I was at the grammar shore game on the weekend and boy was it a show, the grammar boys really got themselves together in the opening twenty minutes seeing the winger score early and the prop make a few good line breaks. It was also very embarrassing to see the shore 15 fumble the ball over the line, in what looked to be an arrogant display, due to some excellent grammar defence. The score did not indicate how close the game actually was. Shore are going to need to lift if they are going to be able to beat view.

In addition to this, if Grammar can bring the ticker they brought to the shore game to the Kings boys on the weekend we will have a close encounter for the full 70 minutes

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
For Joeys, its now five years without the title (the equal longest time). While i think there is no problem with Joeys rugby as a whole (2nds, 3rds, 16As, 15As all huge chances at a pennant) there is something wrong with the 1s. Alot of pressure on Brother Anthony to step back, although you could argue that he is the forwards coach and that is not where the problem lies. I do agree that if Joeys wants to start winning they have to start treating their players like professionals much like Scots, Newington and View.

Random2 out

These are other people's chickens coming home to roost.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
isn't it interesting that the schools with the most Aus. schools representatives are not doing swell as hoped e.g. Kings. Are there players not getting enough rest or are they playing too much rugby?

Given the proximity of the GPS v CAS v CHS games, then the Oz Schools Championships and subsequent Oz Schoolboys v Tonga games to the start of the GPS season proper I think you're on the right track. Whilst having 11 boys in GPS selections and 10 in NSW Schools and then 4 in Oz Schools is great kudos some of the reps involved played up to 8 games inside two and a half weeks = jaded whilst others were enjoying a nice holiday break. It will be interesting to see what happens following their bye weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.