• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think you will also find that last decade there were 2-3 seasons where View played only at Joey's... Not all that simple.
Since you opened the batting, it will be the opposite of last year: if you are unable to remember that far back - check with your carer

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Since you opened the batting, smart arse, it will be the opposite of last year: if you are unable to remember that far back - check with your carer

In 2009 View played Joeys at Joeys. in 2010 View played Joeys at Joeys. Which brings me back to point that it wasnt a stupid question to ask where it was being held this year.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thanks for that but it's still got the 2011 Fixtures in it...I'm after this years. I hear what your saying about the venues being the opposite of last year but I think that the round order will be different this year.
sorry - didnt notice that on the ipad

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
If we keep this up we should be able to put it together ourselves....about the time my kids bring home their fixture list

After a bit more sleuthing around at other info on the web and using the process of elimination I think that the 2012 draw is as follows (home team named first except games** where venue is TBA):

Round 1 – 28th July:
Joeys v Riverview
Shore v Kings
Newington v Grammar/High/Tas**
Scots v bye
Round 2 – 4th August:
Scots v Joeys
Riverview v Grammar/High/Tas**
Kings v Newington
Shore v bye
Round 3 – 11th August:
Grammar/High/Tas v Shore
Riverview v Scots
Newington v Joeys
Kings v bye
Round 4 – 18th August:
Scots v Newington
Shore v Riverview
Kings v Grammar/High/Tas**
Joeys v bye
Round 5 – 25th August:
Shore v Scots
Riverview v Kings
Joeys v Grammar/High/Tas**
Newington v bye
Round 6 – 1st September:
Kings v Joeys
Newington v Shore
Scots v Grammar/High/Tas
Riverview v bye
Round 7 – 8th September:
Joeys v Shore
Riverview v Newington
Kings v Scots
Grammar/High/Tas v bye

Happy to receive any corrections :)

Looking at the draw on paper it seems to me that View and Kings may have the pick of it and could face each other at View in round 5 unbeaten provided they can both win their respective Round 1 away games - big game at Joeys for View with Kings probably likely to get up at Shore. View have Grammar/High/Tas in Round 2 then Scots at home and Shore away being games they'd be expected to win. Kings have a more difficult task in Round 2 against Newington albeit at home but then have a bye followed by their game against Grammar/High/Tas. View finish with a bye in Round 6 and Newington at home in the last round. Kings final two games are both at home with a tough task against Joeys in Round 6 followed by Scots in the last round - as it seems like they will have a lot of players from last years 16As in their firsts how they adapt to Opens rugby for the first time will have a big influence on Kings success in 2012.

Looking at the potential team lineups on paper Joeys undoubtedly have the strongest team and deserve favouritism for the 2012 premiership but perhaps they don't have as good a draw as Riverview having away games against Scots, Newington and Kings. Joeys game at Stanmore in Round 3 could be a real cracker. Newington have also not been favoured in the draw with tough away games at Kings, Scots and particularly Riverview in the last round. Scots have a bye first up but then really don't get any relief until their game in round 7 agianst Grammar/High/Scots - in between they have some very tough games both at home and away.

Roll on the 2012 trials and season.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
where did you jag this?
I only aks because I am interested to know what the gammar/high/tas thing means in practice

Random2 provided Joeys fixtures, you provided Shore's, I found Scot's on the web as per my previous post and Kings as well and the rest sort of fell into place as there are only 3 games each round.

The Grammar/High/Tas thing was raised in one of the earlier posts in this thread...not sure how it will work...don't know if they are mixing players into one team or say having Grammar's firsts as the firsts team, Tas firsts as the seconds and Highs first as the thirds...time will no doubt answer this.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Grammar/High/Tas thing was raised in one of the earlier posts in this thread...not sure how it will work...don't know if they are mixing players into one team or say having Grammar's firsts as the firsts team, Tas firsts as the seconds and Highs first as the thirds...time will no doubt answer this.

yeah - I just wondered: if they are able to build fixture lists allowing for whatever the arrangement is then the arrangement must be set pretty much in stone

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
My last info was that the grammar 1st XV was playing and High 1sts would play the 2nds.
Before you write grammar off they did have TAS playing as their front row a few years ago.

H

HarveyColon

the director of rugby at grammar had a meeting with all the players-- who all agreed to play in the firsts if selected. Now the outcome is that grammars 1's play 1's, armidale 1's play2's, high 1's plays 3's and grammar's 2's play in the 4ths competition. Appparently grammar's sixteen a's lost to kings by 90 points and half the team playing were underage guys from the year above or thereabouts so Grammar will need to mix next year with either armidale or high (however they can arrange that) or they will lose every game by significantly greater margins than they do already. The chances of grammar playing in the 1's next year are grim. All of the above was outlined to me over a month ago and can't tell you what's changed but this was the proposition the kids agreed to.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
After a bit more sleuthing around at other info on the web and using the process of elimination I think that the 2012 draw is as follows (home team named first except games** where venue is TBA):

Round 1 – 28th July:
Joeys v Riverview
Shore v Kings
Newington v Grammar/High/Tas**
Scots v bye
Round 2 – 4th August:
Scots v Joeys
Riverview v Grammar/High/Tas**
Kings v Newington
Shore v bye
Round 3 – 11th August:
Grammar/High/Tas v Shore
Riverview v Scots
Newington v Joeys
Kings v bye
Round 4 – 18th August:
Scots v Newington
Shore v Riverview
Kings v Grammar/High/Tas**
Joeys v bye
Round 5 – 25th August:
Shore v Scots
Riverview v Kings
Joeys v Grammar/High/Tas**
Newington v bye
Round 6 – 1st September:
Kings v Joeys
Newington v Shore
Scots v Grammar/High/Tas
Riverview v bye
Round 7 – 8th September:
Joeys v Shore
Riverview v Newington
Kings v Scots
Grammar/High/Tas v bye

Happy to receive any corrections :)

Looking at the draw on paper it seems to me that View and Kings may have the pick of it and could face each other at View in round 5 unbeaten provided they can both win their respective Round 1 away games - big game at Joeys for View with Kings probably likely to get up at Shore. View have Grammar/High/Tas in Round 2 then Scots at home and Shore away being games they'd be expected to win. Kings have a more difficult task in Round 2 against Newington albeit at home but then have a bye followed by their game against Grammar/High/Tas. View finish with a bye in Round 6 and Newington at home in the last round. Kings final two games are both at home with a tough task against Joeys in Round 6 followed by Scots in the last round - as it seems like they will have a lot of players from last years 16As in their firsts how they adapt to Opens rugby for the first time will have a big influence on Kings success in 2012.

Looking at the potential team lineups on paper Joeys undoubtedly have the strongest team and deserve favouritism for the 2012 premiership but perhaps they don't have as good a draw as Riverview having away games against Scots, Newington and Kings. Joeys game at Stanmore in Round 3 could be a real cracker. Newington have also not been favoured in the draw with tough away games at Kings, Scots and particularly Riverview in the last round. Scots have a bye first up but then really don't get any relief until their game in round 7 agianst Grammar/High/Scots - in between they have some very tough games both at home and away.

Roll on the 2012 trials and season.

Shouldn't quote oneself but based on my comments about the draw I should have added this:

1. Joeys
2. Riverview
3. Newington
4. Kings
5. Scots
6. Shore
7. Grammar/High/Tas

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Likely line up for Shore to be, with teams last year:

1. Streeter (1sts/2nds - NGS)
2. Fitzpatrick (1sts)
3. Robertson (2nds)
4. Giddey (2nds)
5. Rickard (2nds)
6. Buckling (1sts)
7. Fishburn (2nds)
8. Fletcher (2nds)

9. Pulver (1sts/2nds)
10. Cleaver / Clancy (2nds - 15 A's - rising superstar, alongside his twin, at Shore, would be interesting to see if he gets a run in the 1sts)
11. Rollins (1sts)
12. Too much scepticism and debate to put any one (or two) players.
13. Arnold (2nds)
14. Same as inside center.
15. Davies / Clancy (1sts - 15A's, the other half of the twins)

Solid team all round, should cause an upset or two in my opinion.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Likely line up for Shore to be, with teams last year:

1. Streeter (1sts/2nds - NGS)
2. Fitzpatrick (1sts)
3. Robertson (2nds)
4. Giddey (2nds)
5. Rickard (2nds)
6. Buckling (1sts)
7. Fishburn (2nds)
8. Fletcher (2nds)

9. Pulver (1sts/2nds)
10. Cleaver / Clancy (2nds - 15 A's - rising superstar, alongside his twin, at Shore, would be interesting to see if he gets a run in the 1sts)
11. Rollins (1sts)
12. Too much scepticism and debate to put any one (or two) players.
13. Arnold (2nds)
14. Same as inside center.
15. Davies / Clancy (1sts - 15A's, the other half of the twins)

Solid team all round, should cause an upset or two in my opinion.

I agree plus they have plenty of Opens rugby experience and their 2nds didn't do too bad last year finishing 4th ahead of Joeys and Kings and only one win behind both Scots and New who finished 2nd/3rd. Much of their season will depend on how they go at home first up against Kings. I'd have Kings favourites but if Shore can win that they then have a bye followed by Grammar/High/Tas away and could be sitting nicely on 6 points before facing last sason's premiers View at home in a much tougher one. That said they played View away last year and only went down 39-23 in the 1sts and 10-7 in the 2nds so I suppose anything's possible especially if their tails are up.

After that they host Scots at home in round 5 which is also possibly winnable but then finish with two horror away games at New and Joeys. Shore could well do better than many people (including myself) initially expected though which reinforces what a tight compt it may well be in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.