• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michelle

the news i'm sure we've all been waiting for: a grammar team.......

in the forwards: penklis, pullar, mitchell and some big unit and in the backs..... suia tanginoa, gowtshi and some other guy who made gps 16s

A

ABWSFOFTM

Any ideas on what your thoughts are on about the 2012 GPS schoolboys and also the boys from the GPS that will maybe make an Australian schoolboy representative team???

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS selections are going to be very interesting this year as there really is a great wealth of talent to choose from. I'll toss up the below suggestions for comment:

1. Robertson (J) or Bateman (K) or Streeter (E)
  2. Barker (I) or Vea (N) or ??
  3. Sandell (J) or Kelly (I) or Ahosivi (N)
  4. Rorke (I) or Matson (K) or Hardy (J)
  5. Schwagger (J) or Cannell (N) or Prassas (N)
  6. Dempsey (I) or Goldie (J) or Moylan (K)
  7. Murphy (J) or McCalman (K) or Morris (N)
  8. Vassilis (N) or Kamp (S) or Whitely (I)
  9. Curtain (J) or Davis (K) or Lussick (N)
  10. Horwitz (S) or Deegan (J) or Tulloch (K)
  11. Redden (I) or Vlahos (N) or Rollins (E)
  12. Stewart (S) or Foketi (K) or Kay (J)
  13. Barclay (J) or Moeroa (N) or Frost (S)
  14. Pople (N) or Tourish (K) or Milne (N)
  15. Kellaway (S) or Jones (K) or Wilde (J)
I've put in three selections per position and would expect to see a fair smattering of these names in the GPS 1s, 2s and 3s - biggest struggle was with hooker as only two really stood out to me. (I haven't seen a suggested Scots forward pack put up yet and there are a couple of other players there in Colby Hawkins and Jamaine Crossley who might be contenders if they are in Scots firsts).

I posted this about 7 weeks ago and had the same problem when it came to hooker. Rory Davis (NGS) will give both Curtain and Lussick plenty of competition for the no 9 jumper.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Any ideas on what your thoughts are on about the 2012 GPS schoolboys and also the boys from the GPS that will maybe make an Australian schoolboy representative team???

Tom Robertson and Sam Barclay are both chances from Joeys. If Josh Kay is picked at 10 for GPS or NSW then he could also make schools, pretty sure he played 10 for NSW 16s a few years ago ahead of Horowitz who made Aus A last year.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tom Robertson and Sam Barclay are both chances from Joeys. If Josh Kay is picked at 10 for GPS or NSW then he could also make schools, pretty sure he played 10 for NSW 16s a few years ago ahead of Horowitz who made Aus A last year.

As you can see from my old post I had all 3 in the mix. Plenty of competition for that 10 jumper.. I thought Kay might be a chance of a centre spot?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
As you can see from my old post I had all 3 in the mix. Plenty of competition for that 10 jumper.. I thought Kay might be a chance of a centre spot?
id think Stewart and Barclay would be the GPS and maybe even NSW centres. Kay and Horowitz playing 10 for the the GPS teams and going from that might be an option.

rugbysik

Stan Wickham (3)
Horwitz played inside for NSW U/16, with Kay playing 10. As well Horwitz played Aus Schools last year not Aus A.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pulver (Shore) could also contest the 1st GPS spot for halfback I believe, he had an amazing season in the 1sts prior to the return of Merriman (GPS 1sts - Aus A last year) with a particularly strong performance against Newington. He should have a great season and will definitely be interesting to watch.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nearly 24 hours passed and no suggestions? What does it say about our hookers depth at this level??

J

John Cuttler

GPS Hookers -
Shore- Harrison Marshal (3rds 2011) ,
View- Barker
Kings - Harry Randle (1st 2011)
Joeys - Kian Heffernan (2nds 2011), Chris Goldie (16A's)
Newington- David Vea (1st 2011)
Scots - ??? unsure

All based on last years team, not sure on accuracy but few suggestions for hookers in the gps comp.

Have also heard Sam Kitchen

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Refering to the post above me, it is more likely that Fitzpatrick will play hooker for the Shore 1sts as he played about half a season there and half a season in the 2nds, which he captained for several games (quite unusual for a boy in year eleven). I also believe that he played NSW Under 16's, and so he could also be a candidate for a GPS selection (that being said I don't know how strong other schools hookers are).

Status
Not open for further replies.