• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
1. robertson
2. carolin
3. sandell
4. hardy
5. watts
6. pennisi
7. murphy
8. goldie
9. curtin
10. deegan
11. cleary
12. kay
13. barclay
14. guilfoyle
15. wilde

Not a big forward pack but some sensational workers across the board...will dominate at the breakdown. Some great talent in the backs as well. A nicely balanced team across the board that I expect will be right up there this year.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rumoured Kings team to play Stannies in the first GPS trial tomorrow May 12th :
1...Lucas Bateman
2...Nick Reid
3...Eddie Jin
4...Mathew Mateson
5... Lachlan Camp
6...Jack McCallum
7... Harry Randle
8... Liam Moylan
8... Andrew Ferris
10...Corey Tulloch
11...Will Davies
12... David Konstantopoulos
13... Lalaki Foketi
14...Harry Jones
15...Max Wylie

A very young inexperienced side in terms of Open GPS rugby but brimming with talent

From what I can recall only 4 boys from last years firsts... Randle, Moylan, Foketi and Wylie. Noticed that they have included all of last years 16a's front row...in fact 5 of the 8 forwards look like they were in that team.

I agree that there is a lack of Opens rugby experience there but geez I also agree that there's some talent there as well particularly if you look at the players in ARU squads...Mateson, McCallman, Randle, Tulloch, Foketi and Jones are all NGS players and Bateman and Moylan are in the JGS. Will be interesting to see how they gel together but like Riverview they will probably benefit a lot from going on their end of year 2011 UK tour.

Would be interested in seeing Scots team list for their game against Auggies?

semi

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys beat Oakhill 38 - 10 after trailing 10-0 and having 7. Murphy shown yellow early in the game. Good signs of things to come from Joeys this year.

H

HarveyColon

i'm a happy betting man.....what happened in the grammar vs pats and auggies vs scots games?

J

Jazzman

grammar played the best football ive seen them play in a while in the first 20mins , a few quick tries saw them 15 points down which they defended till 15 mins after the half , the small combination of 9 and 10 held their own and lee nailed the biggest pats boy on the field , a flurry of tries in the last 10 minutes saw the score blow out to 30 points but for a first run the grammar boys should be happy with how they went . the most exciting player was grammars fullback who pulled off several chips to breaks st pats line , errors in handling let the grammar boys down when they were within scoring range , for a team that have been ridden off so quickly it was a good performance , several injuries to the st pats boys and none to grammar

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
My spies out west are telling me that Kings put 60+ unanswered points on Saint Stannies. Any match reports on that game?

U

upthewallabies

grammar played the best football ive seen them play in a while in the first 20mins , a few quick tries saw them 15 points down which they defended till 15 mins after the half , the small combination of 9 and 10 held their own and lee nailed the biggest pats boy on the field , a flurry of tries in the last 10 minutes saw the score blow out to 30 points but for a first run the grammar boys should be happy with how they went . the most exciting player was grammars fullback who pulled off several chips to breaks st pats line , errors in handling let the grammar boys down when they were within scoring range , for a team that have been ridden off so quickly it was a good performance , several injuries to the st pats boys and none to grammar

Grammar did play well however pats had a team of 3rds, 2nds and 1sts players im told. pats played reasonably well but failed to convert any of their 6 tries. Injuries were a problem for pats with even more boys being sidelined during the game. Grammar agreeably played some of their bet footy but pats, despite their lacking in top players, played well and got a well deserved 6 try to nil win which , as a neutral spectator, I would say does not reflect pats dominance on the game. Well done to both teams

stonecutter

Chris McKivat (8)
Firstly can I say, St Josephs college, you are a class act.

For those who weren't there today one of the Oakhill boys younger cousin is a critically ill young man who may never experience the thrill of running down a rugby tunnel. The Oakhill boys were led out by the young lad and the Joeys boys lined up to clap him out and then shake his hand. I'm sure this is a thrill for him and his family and everyone from Oakhill is deeply appreciative of the kindness and respect you showed towards this young man.

From a rugby perspective there can be no excuses offered, Joeys were the better team. Oakhill kicked an early penalty when the Joeys No7 was binned for repeat infringing and backed it up shortly after with a try to lead 10-0. A poor clearance from the kick off allowed Joeys easy territory and they took advantage to hit back straight away. Knowing how a team is going to play is one thing, stopping it is another. Unfortunately some uncharacteristic missed tackles and poor handling allowed 2 more tries and at half time it was 21-10.

The second half saw Oakhill unable to benefit from any territory gains due to a malfunctioning lineout and Joeys broke free to score 3 more times and the final score ended at 38-10. Joeys are very fit and well organised with a dangerous set of backs who find space well. Their forwards may be the achilles heel as they are not a big pack but they are well structured and fight to the end. They will go very close to winning the GPS this year. The battle of the two No7's was a joy to watch with both players in the thick of each breakdown or tackling anything that moved in an opposite jumper. The Joeys No10 was cool under presure and the 15 was dangerous.

For Oakhill it is a chance to review what needs to improve when under pressure. Although beaten, they played to the end and if they'd continued to play more direct before going wide would have troubled Joeys more. Best of luck to St Josephs in 2012.

F

Footy

The Big Winger Taylor from Augustine's played all over his opposing Winger This Winger from Scots was supposed to make the NSW Side. Good Luck...!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was told Scots only had only two boys out. But even if these boys had played, they could not stop the Brilliance of the Augustine's Team who were Superb and are finely Coached, a team which is showing they are unstoppable !

Great to see schools outside the hallowed gps system giving it to them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys looked very good yesterday against a strong Oakhill side. Down 10-0 and with captain Tom Murphy sin binned they showed huge strength in their defence and kept Oakhill out. 38-10 in the end and very good game to watch. Standouts for Joeys were 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
If that's The Scots College at Bellevue Hill that will be causing some angst - Augustine's must be Ok as there are at least 2 (?) Oz schools players in the Scots crew - aren't there?
St Augustine's continue their outstanding run. Scots are supposed to be challenging for the GPS title again and have a huge number of GPS, JGS rep players who are skilled, hard players so I don't understand this result at all. How did Horwitz, Stewart and Kellaway go against their Auggies opponents?
Surely there was somebody at the game who will break the deafening silence and provide a match report?

Status
Not open for further replies.