• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iloveguslelievre

mate that nickname has surfaced at joeys and he has embraced the name and s quite fond of it. Another thing he never got offered a contract to manly he was there last year i believe just training but couldnt really find is feet like he has done for joeys. that being said i believe he will strive this year being in aussie schools for sure and so on........

all these biased blogging about certain teams are disgraceful and statements like view will be coming in 2nd are laughable. i don't think they will take out the premiership at all but they could easily beat most team if they "play well". newington to take it out and joeys/riverview runner ups, enough said about that topic.

now on to the gps teams. they will be picked on for to my understanding of last years team and the year before that. not such thing as "shoe ins" or "ngs" help its a matter of if they are performing for the past few weeks. think back to last year when newingtons outside brogan was in the gps 2nds and barclay was picked over him! are you serious barclay is no where near as good of a player but played the trails and rounds leading up to gps selection well (brogan had just returned from injury) but later got selected in Aussie schools.

problem solved its selected on form not on reputation!!!!!!!!!
newington to take the title????.........newington lost at home to scots and the only reason they scraped home against joeys was because the joeys backline were playing in atrocious conditions and simply couldn't finish............i think that newington are a waste and their foreward pack is simply lethargic and lazy not in the same class as view or joeys.......newington will do well to crack top 3 enough said

G

gps guru

I am fairly sure that there are a few immature members of this forum who view this all as a joke, and are no doubt schoolboys themselves. My guess is from the Hunters Hill area. Grow up. If you have something that will contribute, by all means say it, but plain stupidity and fictional stories (E.G Ollie Bartlett is a Joeys student now, clearly false) are not wanted

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
newington to take the title????...newington lost at home to scots and the only reason they scraped home against joeys was because the joeys backline were playing in atrocious conditions and simply couldn't finish....i think that newington are a waste and their foreward pack is simply lethargic and lazy not in the same class as view or joeys...newington will do well to crack top 3 enough said
-----------------------------------

are you a cricket fan or rugby? lethargic and lazy forward - but they still gave their opponent a good rugby. one try each from the forward from pick and drive. joeys took many phases before they crack the defend to score their fromt the forward but new took 2 phases from pick and drive to score. joey did'nt take advantages from 2 new players sin pin. for about 8 minutes New have to play with 13 players and their defend was solid. if New's forward is simply lethargic and lazy but still play well enough and win the game - imagine next time they will meet as the forward will benefit more from their match fitness. if Joey's forward was fitter and mobile and better like 100% against new's lethargic and lazy as we seen in the last game - then they have to work hard to 150% as the Newington forward will get fitter in their next meeting at Stanmore.

All the best for both team.

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
I am fairly sure that there are a few immature members of this forum who view this all as a joke, and are no doubt schoolboys themselves. My guess is from the Hunters Hill area. Grow up. If you have something that will contribute, by all means say it, but plain stupidity and fictional stories (E.G Ollie Bartlett is a Joeys student now, clearly false) are not wanted

Mate Ollie Bartlett is in the 2nd 15 at St Josephs College Hunter Hill. Thats final!

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Should be Joe Callaughan but he hasn't had any time in 1st since he has been constantly injured, but on his day he is better than any half back in the GPS competition. Too bad he has more of a commitment to his girlfriend than to rugby

What about Curtin (J) or Pulver (E). Curtin has been unlucky with a quad strain over the last couple of weeks and is playing seconds rugby at the moment. Pulver has been playing well for Shore...

A

ash catchem

What about Curtin (J) or Pulver (E). Curtin has been unlucky with a quad strain over the last couple of weeks and is playing seconds rugby at the moment. Pulver has been playing well for Shore.

Curtin will end up in the thirds on recent form, Callaughan and Tevita have outplayed him in the last 4 weeks and as a result i doubt he will get a Joey's 1st spot let alone a GPS place

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Curtin will end up in the thirds on recent form, Callaughan and Tevita have outplayed him in the last 4 weeks and as a result i doubt he will get a Joey's 1st spot let alone a GPS place

Curtin has not been up to form lately but i believe when he is on his game he is the best in the GPS.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I have seen no evidence to back this statement up

I have last weekends Joey's vs. New program in front of me and there is an Oliver Bartlett named at #4 in the Joey's 2nds. Unless the whole school is in on the joke that should settle it on this issue.

H

Harry O'Keefe

I recently saw the scots game and the boys were great in defence although the performance of their fullback was rather dissapointing and in relation to his selection in the GPS XV im not so sure.

H

Harry O'Keefe

I have last weekends Joey's vs. New program in front of me and there is an Oliver Bartlett named at #4 in the Joey's 2nds. Unless the whole school is in on the joke that should settle it on this issue.
Thats wrong buddy I also have that program in front of me and Oliver Bartlett clearly goes to the Newington College

G

gps guru

Hmm perhaps I have been misinformed.

I

International Badboy

1. Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)/ Prior-Lees (N)
4. Rorke (I)
5. Cannell (N)
6. Morris (N)
7. Randle (K)
8. Whiteley (I)
9. Pulver (E)
10. Horowitz (S)
11. Redden (I)/Rollins(E)
12. Moeroa (N)
13. Foketi (K)
14. Jones (K)
15. Kellaway (S)
Sky Blue and white tinted glasses off and try again

G

gps guru

Chippendale A strong utility player has a big future in rugby league. If i were to have him in my team the ideal position would be the centres he is a defensive juggernaught and a barnstorming running game he has as he is almost impossible to stop whilst he has the ball.
Sounds like a big boy. Would he be able to fit into the Joeys backline? They have quite a few good players running around for them

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Thats wrong buddy I also have that program in front of me and Oliver Bartlett clearly goes to the Newington College

Fine Buddy! Here's the program - read it again.

Like I said - unless the school is in on the joke this should end the discussion on this particular issue.

Attachments

• Joey\'s vs. Newington June 2nd 2012.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 588

Tom Burke

Bob McCowan (2)
This forum, is so frustrating the amount of boys.. most likely all joeys boys that just come and take the micky out of this is frustrating, I want to see a proper and logical argument as to the correct and proper gps 1 team. Oscar pryor lees has gym strength being able to clean 60 kgs but he can't use that strength and force on the paddock like an Oli Bartlett, Bartlett isnt strong in the gym, but is prime example of footy strength, purely due to the work on his family farm which has developed both aggression and hip strength with the work on the cattle, no need to go into anymore detail, but yes back to the point pryor lees lacks this paddock game styled strength, perhaps he go work on the BAAARTLETT family farm, and because there both newington boys I'm sure they are the best of friends.

It has already been clarified that Ollie Bartlett now attends Joeys, not Newington, so i think it is about time we left that matter alone and moved on to more pressing issues.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Joeys lads - you have the power to ruin this thread so please do the right thing and desist. Your school will not be proud of you.

We moderators are quite prepared to ban posters we think are doing it. Of course this could make you get your mates to do it or even entice mates to pretend they are fans of other schools.

Your fault.

Before the bannings happen we will nuke all posts that we think are taking the mickey even if we are wrong. Unfortunately we will also have to nuke posts which quote such posts.

Apologies in advance to those who will be affected, in error.

Status
Not open for further replies.