• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ld2b

Allen Oxlade (6)
As hard as it may be to accept, the amazing breadth of the curriculum across these schools today means that rugby is not the sole determinate for a change to the amazingly complex set of interactions with each other over the course of a year.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Source: http://austschoolsrugbynews.realviewtechnologies.com/?iid=66564

ASRU Forum.jpg

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
As hard as it may be to accept, the amazing breadth of the curriculum across these schools today means that rugby is not the sole determinate for a change to the amazingly complex set of interactions with each other over the course of a year.
I don't believe the curriculum is complex or detailed! Most parents of current GPS boys would appreciate how much the tail wags the dog at these schools and the endless bewilderment of clashes within the timetable when a 'sport' thinks it has preference over all others!

footyking

Stan Wickham (3)
Mr Footyking's quote;"massive left boot (i witnessed some kicking travelling a good 45m on the fly)" [thread #213] is an interesting observation. My observations of junior footy, including GPS, reveal that kicking is a lost art. Even in our senior ranks including SuperRugby, Australian kicking is disgraceful (accuracy, distance & purpose). Maybe it is the new balls which I doubt as the Kiwis and Boks can kick (refer to either Steyn or several Kiwis) who all can get real distance.

yeah i know this is to certain extents true, the quality of kicking is extremely poor, they should take after AFL maybe? haha, anyway i was referring to feild gain as the 45m kick, the ball would travel much further.

H

HarveyColon

my aquaintances have informed me of some banter in relation to grammar playing in the 3rds comp next year......can anyone confirm this

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ The (few) supporters of The Bye will be happy if this is the case.

With many others, I have speculated that future of The Bye is linked with that of SGS.

Even if The Bye manages to stay in AAGPS 1st XV competition on the back of TAS competing, they are kidding themselves if they think that the 2013 results will be any better than previous years.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^ The (few) supporters of The Bye will be happy if this is the case.

With many others, I have speculated that future of The Bye is linked with that of SGS.

Even if The Bye manages to stay in AAGPS 1st XV competition on the back of TAS competing, they are kidding themselves if they think that the 2013 results will be any better than previous years.

I cant believe that these posts havent been howled down by the SGS 16A's cheer squad - makes me think you're close to the money.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
As reported previously throughout G&G there are a number of rumours circulating for rugby in 2013. These are:
a) GPS going to 2 rounds
b) Aust U17 tournament in Easter / ARU Gold Squad tournament at Easter
c) conference style tournament in term 3 (played after GPS,CAS,ISA have finished their comps)

I have looked at a 2 round option for GPS and it looks pretty ugly for trials etc. (I assume Athletics could be relocated to Term 4).

View attachment 2950
note: home team listed first

This scenario of Georges can work with The Bye in the SGS/High slot in 1st's & 2nds for their home games. The Bye retains its integrity and other teams full dance card at their home games is not compromised.

My question is - what about TAS? They seemed pretty competitive in the 2nds this year - where would they fit in?

S

Stack Attack

Joeys have not lived upto expectations at all for the last few seasons, with numerous people stating that they will come first. My predictions are:
New
Joeys
Kings
Shore=4
Scots=4
View
Grammar

H

HarveyColon

a very accurate prediction stacky......I think view will continue to struggle and scots will drop down (although that is easily fixed ) . I do think however, that kings may finish second as opposed to joeys.

H

HarveyColon

I cant believe that these posts havent been howled down by the SGS 16A's cheer squad - makes me think you're close to the money.

you seem very pessimistic about the future of sgs rugby....yet you persist in sending your son (who is very good) there.......strange

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
you seem very pessimistic about the future of sgs rugby..yet you persist in sending your son (who is very good) there...strange
(a) not my choice
(b) he is at school to get an education
(c) I am - pessimistic that is
(d) he didnt get good from what he's learnt about the game at SGS - the problem for him will be when his club mates are forced to stop playing club rugby by their schools.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
(a) not my choice
(b) he is at school to get an education
(c) I am - pessimistic that is
(d) he didnt get good from what he's learnt about the game at SGS - the problem for him will be when his club mates are forced to stop playing club rugby by their schools.
Come on IS we know your itching to wear gold:)

Status
Not open for further replies.