• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

old fella

Stan Wickham (3)
has been alot of talk about the strength of his grammer team, is it through the development of some key players, or simply the fact they are versing the third teams?
I suspect a bit of both. There's definitely been positive signs at Grammar in terms of coaching and development, but I reckon Grammar have some players who could play in the 1sts comp but nowhere near enough at the moment. In the short term, they'll probably end up being too strong for the 3rds and not quite strong enough for 1sts. Long term, most hope they can return to the 1st XV competition.[/quote]

assuming that other schools have or will have a similar experience, (eg say that Shore needed a year or so out of the firsts to rebuild and that Armidale/High can become good seconds teams ) this observation is further evidence to support the immediate divisionalisation of the GPS/CAS/ISA comps.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hi there, long time reader, first time poster.

Hope to see more discussion about rugby and who played well rather than just outlandish claims in this forum.

Welcome aboard.

Anybody from now on who mentions scholarships on any thread but the Scholarships thread, and I think should know better, will get a one week ban.

These guys are ruining the thread.

PS - And don't quote them either - you only give them encouragement.

PPS - And don't start with an apology and then start in with talking about about scholarships.

PPS - Being right is no justification - be right on the Scholarships thread.

Thank you.

Jake Fokatano

Frank Row (1)
Great win from Kings 2nd XV, spurred on by a great performance from halfback Jordan Gillespie, getting a try on debut. If he keeps this form up, he'll be pushing for 1sts by season's end. Great game to watch

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Great win from Kings 2nd XV, spurred on by a great performance from halfback Jordan Gillespie, getting a try on debut. If he keeps this form up, he'll be pushing for 1sts by season's end. Great game to watch

I think some of the referee's calls were questionable, and it was an understrength New team due to the events of last week and some injuries, with that in mind the Kings forwards did play very well and their outside backs shut down most of Newington's moves.

Jake Fokatano

Frank Row (1)
I think some of the referee's calls were questionable, and it was an understrength New team due to the events of last week and some injuries, with that in mind the Kings forwards did play very well and their outside backs shut down most of Newington's moves.
That's just typical viewer bias, I reckon the refs were quite up to standard. But as usual, newington backs were slick with the execution and were a bit unlucky. Kings Halfback did well to control the play

Jake Fokatano

Frank Row (1)
isn't he the brother of the famous jed at kings that played 1st XV and aus schoolboys in 10'?

but no, he will not play for kings at 3:15. he was a keen footy player playing a's till the 16s i believe. Obviously hasn't caught on in puberty or his brothers footsteps. haha. but it should be apt that his skills will be at good use in the lower grades. maybe even getting to run on for the 2nds!

he's a good lad but doesn't have the genes to carry on by the looks of him. such a shame
He's doing well, and especially under the extreme duress that the Gps competition, with so many players out. With only Jordan and J Mcgrath to choose from, I thing Gill is the standout choice, will be looking to get a couple run ons in a row. Also the forward pack is a little light for wear, maybe some young guns can get a run on and rack up the experience points.

FootyForever

Stan Wickham (3)
I would be interested to see whose returning next year for each school, all I know is riverview so I will start it off..

1. Bowditch (1st XV)
2. Fotukava (1st XV)
3. Pritchard (1st XV)
4. Peterson (1st XV)
6. Hayson (1st XV)
9. Rorke (1st XV/2nd XV)
10. McGregor (1st XV)
11. Hurley (2nd XV)
13. Hutchinson (1st XV)
15. Freeman (1st XV)

There is a 2014 thread guys - use that one for discussion about next year.

LG

Pat Baker

Bob McCowan (2)
I would be interested to see whose returning next year for each school, all I know is riverview so I will start it off..

1. Bowditch (1st XV)
2. Fotukava (1st XV)
3. Pritchard (1st XV)
4. Peterson (1st XV)
6. Hayson (1st XV)
9. Rorke (1st XV/2nd XV)
10. McGregor (1st XV)
11. Hurley (2nd XV)
13. Hutchinson (1st XV)
15. Freeman (1st XV)

youd imagine that Dan kilpatrick would slot into the team, either at prop meaning they would move bowditch to second row, or just play the dubbo lad at 5.
Menzies will slot back into 7, joe stagemen most likely at 12 with his defence being immaculate this year

FootyForever

Stan Wickham (3)
youd imagine that Dan kilpatrick would slot into the team, either at prop meaning they would move bowditch to second row, or just play the dubbo lad at 5

Yeh I agree, he is been a work horse for the 2 XV this year. Any other year 11/10's that should be added?

Maybe Joey Stageman in at 12? Anderson on the wing?

Pat Baker

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeh I agree, he is been a work horse for the 2 XV this year. Any other year 11/10's that should be added?

Maybe Joey Stageman in at 12? Anderson on the wing?

sorry havent seen to much of the 2's, the 3's seem pretty average which could suggest the 2's struggle next year

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
FootyForever and Pat Baker, it's probably more appropriate for your discussion to be moved to the NSW GPS 2014 thread where you'll see that the prognostications for next season have started.

As far as Riverview's likely 1sts line up is concerned you will see that footychixbeers (on p. 2, post #38 in that thread) has posted his potential team. IMO he's likely to be very close to the mark.

Joseff Fetofano-fa

Frank Row (1)
Serious? Schools are judged on their 1sts performance nothing else. I trained for years to get in the 1sts, and although the younger lads might have the heart, it's the 1sts that the schools are measured by

Status
Not open for further replies.