• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomhouse

Bob McCowan (2)
I dont make predictions about Grammar because I have no idea what the strength of the other schools is. I'm surprised GPSrow has SJC down so low - I expected they would be the best 3rds team and Grammar beat them.

what about the junior age groups at Grammar how is their progression. I saw their 15A's run around last week and there were a couple of standouts.. I don't know names, but the #10 was outstanding. A monster for his age, and a blonde, shaggy haired loose forward in particular.
thoughts/opinions?

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
listen gentlemen. this forum has integrity and these "newby's", if i may call them that, are making a mockery of the constitution of solid true gps rugby insight. Please keep the discusion to purely this and leave your little tussles with eachother, to out on the field, or behind the pub afterwards. thats you too GPSrow and wolfie boy. Control the banter to concrete footy information.

Happy foruming

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
what about the junior age groups at Grammar how is their progression. I saw their 15A's run around last week and there were a couple of standouts.. I don't know names, but the #10 was outstanding. A monster for his age, and a blonde, shaggy haired loose forward in particular.
thoughts/opinions?

I rate the tall blonde 2nd rower and make no comment about the other 2.
The team is benefitting from Fear's arrival and direct input.
I would think this is the best A team (possibly other than the 16's) - but they got monstered by the SJC A's in 2012

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
I rate the tall blonde 2nd rower and make no comment about the other 2.
The team is benefitting from Fear's arrival and direct input.
I would think this is the best A team (possibly other than the 16's) - but they got monstered by the SJC A's in 2012
The 15a's prop, Chaniel Deung, had a corker last game before the bye as well.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Having watched the TKS/Joeys game I was most impressed with the Joeys attack out wide, TKS we certainly left wanting in defence in the back 3. TKS dominated in the scrums but had a bit of difficulty in the line outs in H1, seemed to have rectified in H2, a game of 2 halves where Joeys got out to a to bigger lead in H1 and couldn't be pegged back by a gallant TKS in H2.
We must have been at different games!! The defence out wide was very poor but your no 12 was the major culprit so much dropped ball and missed tackles. As for the scrums Joeys smashed Kings up front and a few of the forwards were passengers in the game. You are right about the Kings line outs very poor throwing in the first half but improved in the 2nd half. The other Kings player who was a real goer was your no 9 Davies. Despite playing behind a very lazy set of forwards he was busting his guts and doing a fair bit of their work.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
also im unaware of this chaniel boy. i havent heard much, and the name suggests a different ethnicity? Please excuse my ignorance
that's my fault mate sorry. I just asked my son who plays in the 15a's forward pack with Chaniel and apparently it's just a nickname playing on his actual name Daniel. sorry for the confusion

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Jones left foot kick is better than any player's non dominant foot I can recall.
It may be better than Dan Carter's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I watched HJ playing for King's from U15s through to Opens and he does indeed have a beautiful set of feet on him most particularly when kicking in general play. There is however another King's boy in current no 15 James Kane who has the most phenomenal boot I have seen in watching GPS rugby when kicking for touch after penalty...he gets absolutely phenomenal distance!!

DropkickDownUnder

Frank Row (1)
that's my fault mate sorry. I just asked my son who plays in the 15a's forward pack with Chaniel and apparently it's just a nickname playing on his actual name Daniel. sorry for the confusion

If I am not mistaken, the Grammar 15A's will be lining up against the Scots 15C's this weekend? Am interested to watch how Chaniel matches up against my grandson Richard 'Ruffles' Feathers. After receiving some advice from family friend and aforementioned 'The Hero', Ruffles is on strict order to restrict ball handling prowess and increase the use of the skyhook and the 'chip and drop'. Look out SGS, the navy and yellow army just gained a new general!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I watched HJ playing for King's from U15s through to Opens and he does indeed have a beautiful set of feet on him most particularly when kicking in general play. There is however another King's boy in current no 15 James Kane who has the most phenomenal boot I have seen in watching GPS rugby when kicking for touch after penalty.he gets absolutely phenomenal distance!!

One or both? - I happened to see a video of HJ today and his bloody left foot is phenomenal. I am now prepared to say that he is better on his non-dominant foot than Dan the Man - who still avoids getting onto his right most of the time.
Interesting that, had things worked out differently, they would have been playing together and this fellow might not have come to as much notice.

FootyForever

Stan Wickham (3)
I watched HJ playing for King's from U15s through to Opens and he does indeed have a beautiful set of feet on him most particularly when kicking in general play. There is however another King's boy in current no 15 James Kane who has the most phenomenal boot I have seen in watching GPS rugby when kicking for touch after penalty.he gets absolutely phenomenal distance!!

Will be interesting to see on the weekend then, with Jack McGregor also possessing quite a large punt for Riverview. If it turns into a territory game, would be interesting to see which boot comes out on top..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Inside Shoulder, I sincerely hope that you are not implying that Jones has a touch of The Darkness in him and that he could be playing "over there" in Christchurch with Dan the Man "had things worked out differently". I too have seen the other HJ play and it would be very cruel if he was lost to Aust Rugby.

I hope that it is the reference to James Kane who if things had worked out differently could still be languishing in the 2's if the other HJ had remained at North Parramatta High. James Kane has a very educated boot from the hand and the tee, and would walk into most 1st XV's provided they didn't have a Kellaway or a Jones in the year ahead of him.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
I saw HJ play back when he was still at Grammar, and it doesn't surprise me he's turned out as such a dominant force. Some players you can tell have that special quality, even from a young age. Talented family actually, his brother played for Grammar firsts, although is obviously no where near as talented as HJ

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
One or both? - I happened to see a video of HJ today and his bloody left foot is phenomenal. I am now prepared to say that he is better on his non-dominant foot than Dan the Man - who still avoids getting onto his right most of the time.
Interesting that, had things worked out differently, they would have been playing together and this fellow might not have come to as much notice.

HJ appears to be ambidextrous to me. The fascinating thing for mine is that he takes place kicks and drop kicks with his right and punts with his left or at least they appear to be his preferences. As a result, I am not sure that his left foot punt can be described as his non-dominant when it comes to punt kicking. Nonetheless it is still freakish ability.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Inside Shoulder, I sincerely hope that you are not implying that Jones has a touch of The Darkness in him and that he could be playing "over there" in Christchurch with Dan the Man "had things worked out differently". I too have seen the other HJ play and it would be very cruel if he was lost to Aust Rugby.

I hope that it is the reference to James Kane who if things had worked out differently could still be languishing in the 2's if the other HJ had remained at North Parramatta High. James Kane has a very educated boot from the hand and the tee, and would walk into most 1st XV's provided they didn't have a Kellaway or a Jones in the year ahead of him.
Kings 2013 back line save for boys moving on would have been an absolute gem;
15. Jones (gone)
14. Robertson (gone)
13.Carter (gone)
12. Davies
11. Kane
10. Tulloch
9. Davis

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I saw HJ play back when he was still at Grammar, and it doesn't surprise me he's turned out as such a dominant force. Some players you can tell have that special quality, even from a young age. Talented family actually, his brother played for Grammar firsts, although is obviously no where near as talented as HJ
HJ was playing 10 at Grammar before moving to Kings were he played at 15 in the 15a's and 16a's before being shunted to the wing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

The latter.
I expect he's being recruited for oz rugby somehow somewhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Based on what I have seen from both Kane would have been taking the penalty kicks for touch but HJ would definitely have been the better kicker in general play. King's 2nd XV no 10 George Phillip has also impressed with his kicking in general play and it's great to see a young player prepared to go for distance along the ground rather than in the air. As he's only in year 11 he'll progress very well over the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.