• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendrick Lamar

Bob McCowan (2)
Am anticipating one or two upsets this weekend, with three contestable matches by all sides.

Predictions

Shore v Kings - Kings will miss a few stars, and hopefully Shore relieve's themselves of their successive losses. Shore win by 7

Joeys v Newington - Deegan to come back firing, perhaps enough for them to win at home. Will really need to step it up from last weekend. Joeys win by 3

Riverview v Scots - Riverview are in a rare patch of form, however unfortunately so are Scots. With Crichton back in and Hunt out, the gold might maintain their stranglehold over the GPS. Scots to win by 8

Crichton is out for the season dont know who your getting your info off of but he has done something to his neck. He will be back about a week before his Australia A commitments when they take on New zealand and fiji

MrRugby37

Bob McCowan (2)
Kings 3rds to beat TAS 1sts by 10 at least. Kings have been looking strong and with their captain Jackson Garrels in fine form, as well as their no.7 Curt Stockl playing well. TAS forwards won't cope and backs don't have as much conviction or class as this Kings side.

Kendrick Lamar

Bob McCowan (2)
Hayson in fine form making tackle after tackle and is with out a doubt the fittest boy in GPS rugby his fitness shows in the dying stages of every game i have watched him play. His attack and ball running is very good and his defense is masterclass! Have big expectations of this young lad for 2014!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hayson in fine form making tackle after tackle

His attack and ball running is very good and his defense is masterclass! Have big expectations of this young lad for 2014!

I'm not sure if you are talking up your mates, but he certainly played well on Saturday and deserves your praise.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Kings 3rds to beat TAS 1sts by 10 at least. Kings have been looking strong and with their captain Jackson Garrels in fine form, as well as their no.7 Curt Stockl playing well. TAS forwards won't cope and backs don't have as much conviction or class as this Kings side.

You may be right, I haven't seen Kings play, although the respective results against Shore would suggest TAS had a chance. It's an important game for Kings. The latest points score is up and it has Scots on 12, SJC and TKS each on 10, TAS and SGS on 9. TAS still in front on for and against. Kings need to win.

Its an interesting round. Iggies are playing Grammar. That should be a SGS win, putting them on 11 points. Scots plays SJC. Call that a Scots win? That would put Scots on 14, leave SJC on 10. If Kings wins, that will put them on 12, still in touch with Scots. If Kings loses, then on this analysis the point score would be Scots 14, TAS and SGS both on 11 and SJC on 10. Dare I hope that both Scots and Kings lose? Then the top would be Scots 12, SJC 12, TAS and SGS on 11, Kings on 10.

Taking the TAS patch off my eye, I actually don't mind too much who wins or loses. Just thinking of the permutations that might make these last rounds as interesting as possible!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You may be right, I haven't seen Kings play, although the respective results against Shore would suggest TAS had a chance. It's an important game for Kings. The latest points score is up and it has Scots on 12, SJC and TKS each on 10, TAS and SGS on 9. TAS still in front on for and against. Kings need to win.

Its an interesting round. Iggies are playing Grammar. That should be a SGS win, putting them on 11 points. Scots plays SJC. Call that a Scots win? That would put Scots on 14, leave SJC on 10. If Kings wins, that will put them on 12, still in touch with Scots. If Kings loses, then on this analysis the point score would be Scots 14, TAS and SGS both on 11 and SJC on 10. Dare I hope that both Scots and Kings lose? Then the top would be Scots 12, SJC 12, TAS and SGS on 11, Kings on 10.

Taking the TAS patch off my eye, I actually don't mind too much who wins or loses. Just thinking of the permutations that might make these last rounds as interesting as possible!
TAS at home could well beat Kings in a good match.
The crowd at Hunters Hill may well get Joeys home in a close one.
Grammar look too strong for Riverview.
Only pride at stake Newington and Shore, and High with the bye.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS at home could well beat Kings in a good match.
The crowd at Hunters Hill may well get Joeys home in a close one.
Grammar look too strong for Riverview.
Only pride at stake Newington and Shore, and High with the bye.

Interesting analysis, QH. It's also TAS Old Boys weekend in Armidale, that's quite a big event, and may help or hinder. I'm very cautious now about forecasting. I never expected TAS to lose to SJC! I still struggle to believe it!

Kendrick Lamar

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm not sure if you are talking up your mates, but he certainly played well on Saturday and deserves your praise.

Im not talking him up i am a old boy who is very keen on watching good rugby and is not afraid to give out praise when it is needed and Hayson (Number 6) defiantly deserved it bright future for this young lad!!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Im not talking him up i am a old boy who is very keen on watching good rugby and is not afraid to give out praise when it is needed and Hayson (Number 6) defiantly deserved it bright future for this young lad!!
He was noticed by me due to the shock of blond hair, it looked like Andrew Deegan jumped the fence.
And therein might be an issue. Playing 6 at a 10's size. plenty of heart and quite quick in getting back to his feet and releasing/playing the ball. Might look to shift to 7 next year if he is only Yr 11. Looks to really enjoy the contest too.

Kendrick Lamar

Bob McCowan (2)
I do agree with you he is not the biggest boys on the field but when he hits people they know about it! And his match fitness is up right up there he just never stops working. There is still the whole off season to get bigger and stronger. But i can defiantly see him making NSW schools side next year maybe further if he puts on some size.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice competitive game in the 2nds, but another big loss by Kings in 1sts.

I seem to recall that pre-season Kings supporters thought that this would a good season, but it's been disappointing to say the least.

Disappointing years for both Kings and Shore so far and for Kings in particular as at the start of the year on paper at least they seemed to have a pretty good team and new coaches. When they came to Joeys for a trial game in the pre-season there wasn't too much in it really.

Whats the problem been - Injuries? Depth? Selections? I don't think that it's good for the GPS comp to have a school with the rugby heritage of Kings getting flogged each week. From the competition table they've had an average of 42 points scored against them per game!

Status
Not open for further replies.