• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I believe Riverview were lucky to get the Quantity let alone the quality.
Year 12 boys pulled out because they were in the middle of their trials.
There was a big boarder parent weekend in Sydney (for the Joeys game and other functions) So I believe that the boarders did not have to go if their parents were down from the country (some did go).
The Bledisloe cup was on in Sydney.
I think those involved in organising Riverview teams did a good job to get any teams to Armidale!

Thanks for clarifying that. I can see the complications!

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys 1st XV
1. Jono Hardy
2. Tierney Glasson
3. Matt Sandell (c)
4. Koim Wingti
5. Ned Hanigan
6. Josh Canturi
7. Nic Penisi
8. Paddy O'Brien
9. Tevita Mackini
10. Andrew Deegan
11. Luke Ryan
12. Willo McDonnell
13. Oscar Vierod
14. Tim McCutcheon
15. Brodie Bailey

Tips for this weekend
Joeys vs Newington - I think Joeys has selected the strongest side all year this weekend and coming off an embarrassing loss to the arch rivals last week could cause a scare. The return of Deegan and McCutcheon is a massive plus for the boys in pink and the year 12s will really lift for their last home game. New have been in great form and are looking towards next week where a win over Scots would see them retain the shield. Danger game for the birthday boys and have a sneaking suspicion they could be shown up at Hunters Hill in an absolute classic - Joeys by 5
Scots vs View - agreed with everyone who has been saying that this game will be an absolute classic. The two most exciting sides both coming off great wins. Expect an entertaining and brutal encounter, sadly for my catholic brethren I don't think they will be strong enough - Scots by 3
Shore vs Kings - Shore really deserve a win this year and this weekend will lift them of the bottom of the table with a solid win over fellow cellar dwellers Kings - Shore by 13

J

J.Sner

Predictions:

Scots Vs. View, Scots by 16 (View is missing their captain)
Joeys Vs. New, New 7 (Joeys can't pull it together in a week)
Kings Vs. Shore, Kings 3 (Shore is playing 3rds players...)

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Predictions (this will be accurate and unbiased)

New vs. Joeys - Newington by 15 or more.
Scots vs. View - Scots by 20 or more.
Kings vs. Shore - Kings by 10.

DaveyPocock #legend

Stan Wickham (3)
That's interesting, DP. I thought that the TAS seconds were playing View 4ths. If they were playing a fairly ramshackle View 5ths, then it's no wonder that TAS 2nds slaughtered View. You are now making me wonder about the other games as well. TAS 13As won 35-0, TAS 14As 25-7, TAS 15As 49-5, TAS 16As 40-0.

I had assumed that TAS was playing the equivalent View team at each level. Firsts against the thirds, seconds against the fourths, 16As against the 16Cs and so on. Maybe not, given your comment.

Yeh from what ive heard the tas 2s took on the riverview 5ths, however this riverview 5ths team was seriously depleted with no year 12,s travelling to armidale, which meant the usual players in the 5th team were upgraded to the 3rds as the thirds were without their year 12s also, so it was most of the 7th and 8ths boys in the 5ths team

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Heading to bed gents. Ill leave you with this.

If you are a rugby player, you definitely know this feeling. You lay in bed on friday night, after the days practice with your laptop by your side in an endless attempt to gee-up, dream big and get some test meat. You think about past games and what you could have done better then. The memory of every loss is vivid. You recount every big-tackle and every break you took. You rethink of what will happen out there on that god-for saken paddock. Will it be your best? Would your best game be good enough? Tomorrow is Saturday, only one more game to re-claim.

Goodluck all boys
tomorrow. All games for the 1sts to 13H's count. Get out. Support, then finish with the Wallabies.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
The wash up of the battle of the Catholics this season:

Rd 1 (at View) Rd 2 (at Joeys)

1sts 38-29; 20-45
2nds 17-17; 17-0
16As 3-42; 19-12
15As 14-19; 15-10
14As 34-12; 7-28
13As 7-25; 21-17

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The wash up of the battle of the Catholics this season:

Rd 1 (at View) Rd 2 (at Joeys)

1sts 38-29; 20-45
2nds 17-17; 17-0
16As 3-42; 19-12
15As 14-19; 15-10
14As 34-12; 7-28
13As 7-25; 21-17

I've been told that Riverview 14As are a very very good team, and these results tends to confirm that.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
I've been told that Riverview 14As are a very very good team, and these results tends to confirm that.

Agreed. The 14As are undefeated. Kings have pushed them hardest thus far with View prevailing 17-15.

It's actually a very strong age group. The 14Bs have dropped just the 2 games by the same score line of 12-17 to Joeys & Kings in the 1st rd. An age group to follow in the years ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.