• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
and holding View to NIL points after the first 15 minutes onslaught perhaps shows the belief that they have in their team mates.

I left just after half time and my feeling was that Scots had shown great composure and maturity which is usually the product of faith in the capacity of the team to get the job done.
Its rare in schoolboy football to see a team able to turn a tide.
Full marks.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
I left just after half time and my feeling was that Scots had shown great composure and maturity which is usually the product of faith in the capacity of the team to get the job done.
Its rare in schoolboy football to see a team able to turn a tide.
Full marks.
This Scots side are very special, easy for others to say that they have been lucky on occasions, 8 from 8 nothing else needs to be said............ next week will be an absolute blockbuster, TSC will have there hands full beating New but they have proved that organic passion will prevail........

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Sorry AKA...

Even IS has acknowledged that the TSC team is reasonably organic - and without wishing to divert opinion or comment - in this instance perhaps Rob Hart might be allowed his 15 seconds of airtime.

The OTHER thread is for comments of that nature if you feel so inclined....however, at least these guys are worth watching it would seem ( as are all 9 GPS teams this year, and the CAS teams for that matter) - when comparing them to the other team that wears Gold......

There are 2 rounds to go - and it is going to be a heck of a ride....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This Scots side are very special, easy for others to say that they have been lucky on occasions, ....
Who's been saying they're lucky? I can't recall having read it once. Every post that I can recall praises their ability and compliments their playing style.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Who's been saying they're lucky? I can't recall having read it once. Every post that I can recall praises their ability and compliments their playing style.
With respect quick hands there have been quite a few posts about them being ''lucky'' some warranted especially against Joeys .......... but they lead the comp and after this many rounds it cant be all down to luckly breaks.......

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
With respect quick hands there have been quite a few posts about them being ''lucky'' some warranted especially against Joeys .... but they lead the comp and after this many rounds it cant be all down to luckly breaks...
I agree with you, they've clearly been the best side all season. They're on top with 2 rounds to go, and they clearly deserve to be there. I think everyone has been impressed with the way they have played.

Should be a cracker next week at Bellevue Hill. Good luck to both sides.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Next week's matches
1sts
Kings v St Josephs
Shore v St Ignatius
Scots v Newington

3rds
Kings v St Josephs
Shore v St Ignatius
Scots v Armidale
High v Grammar

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Observations on scots v view game.

Riverview off to a flyer ... Up 15 nil, in no time ...looked like it was going to be an upset. But scots were playing horribly, or at least the backs seemed disjointed ... Altgh they remained composed. Kellaway not having his best day. Trying to be too cute, unnecessary inside balls ... But full credit to view for putting on good pressure.

Riverview front row was very dominant ... And i rate that view hooker .... Simply awesome... At least twice popping scots front row. Not sure what rule is on that, at schoolboy level ..?

But ref had good game ... Letting the game breathe

The scots hooker made up for his noticeable small size, with great general play.

Kellaway was hurling abuse at one of the second rowers, when seagulling ... If it was his brother, them kind of understand, if not, thinking he has an attitude problem ... Shouldn't communicate with team mates like that.

Getting a big head?!

Bowditch looked incredibly red faced ... Heart attack stuff ... But he played great ... Very hard to contain.

Scots very disjointed in the backs, pushing passes, like they didn't know one another.

Scots back row small but pacey

Scots brought it back to 15 to 12 at half time, as view ran out of puff

Second half scots continued to put on unanswered points, and showed glimpses of their brilliance, that might see them go unbeaten ... And view started to look bit beaten up, with a few hobbling

Points for my liking:

View, hutch, number 13 (3), view hooker (2), bowditch (1)

Scots : no 6 (3), no 7 (2) , no 8 (1) ... Although scots winger yassmin probably share that last point ... And half backs service was stellar

Tell u what scots front row will be sore, they got totally worked

And the scots backs will need to play a lot better than that next week

Anyway riverview will be good next year, as gather something like 12 will be back

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
I agree with you, they've clearly been the best side all season. They're on top with 2 rounds to go, and they clearly deserve to be there. I think everyone has been impressed with the way they have played.

Should be a cracker next week at Bellevue Hill. Good luck to both sides.
Certainly will be a blockbuster - after News game against Joeys yesterday they are going to take some beating.......... If Scots loose to new they will have an equally difficult game against Joeys in the last round - only two games left but a very long way to go!!!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Now looks like shore will not win a game all season .. Not a good outcome for the boys who have been close quite a few times ... Even with newington and not a good outcome for GPS rugby ...

Even back in the 80s when SGS and SHS were competitive there was always one team at the bottom that only won 0 or 1 game..it's just Shore's turn this year, might be someone else's next year.

ld2b

Allen Oxlade (6)
Reliable sources say;
# Joeys 1st XV gets smashed
# Hardly a New student in sight supporting their team and
# New 4th XV forfeit within only 5mins of proposed kick off

Whats going on? Very confusing messages being sent here.

Can any New people clarify?

Benched '84

Allen Oxlade (6)
Reliable sources say;

Go and watch CAS rugby, every game there was a genuine belief that either team could win.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Reliable sources say;

Thought the same thing when sitting across from the away fans stand which was mostly empty but there was a fair amount of New boys sitting in the stands near Jacks bar, still far less then expected. The 4ths XV game was an absolute disgrace. The Joes team had been warming up for half an hour only to see Joeys 6ths run onto number 1 to play Scots. It seems the Newington 4ths, who were flogged in the first round clash and then resorted to foul play and dirty tactics, only had 8 boys show up. The brunt of the Newington 4s then showed up to 'stack' there 5ths side who could only manage a 12 all draw with Joeys 10s. Pretty poor from Newington in that department, but as long as their 1sts keep performing they can stay happy. After all that's what they are paying for,

beserker

Herbert Moran (7)
Now looks like shore will not win a game all season .. Not a good outcome for the boys who have been close quite a few times ... Even with newington and not a good outcome for GPS rugby ...

Shore string ensemble dusting off score of Gotterdammerung.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Go and watch CAS rugby, every game there was a genuine belief that either team could win.
Look at the table for CAS.
Two strong teams,two middle of the road teams,two weak teams.
Who ever thought Aloys were a chance against Barker this year?
Joeys got smacked yesterday,and they would put 50 on Knox.
CAS Rugby is the most overhyped competition in the land.

Benched '84

Allen Oxlade (6)
ILTW, you'll get fat, you want your cake and eat it to!!
Yyou cant bag scholarships on one thread and also bag an association with no or very little player movement.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Reliable sources say;

• Newington have had only one main injury problem in their 1st XV which has been their captain Lachlan Cannell.
  • The only way this team was able to dominate joeys so clinically was due to a well-drilled front row, a quick and ninja-like back row combining with the #10 Lachlan Anderson being an absolute superstar running rings around the opposition and setting up great ball for Tepai Meoroa and Ellis Abrahams.
  • Newington have a year 12 Dominated team with 90% playing in GPS 1s or NSW 1s or 2s or Aus Schoolboys.
  • Their youngins of the team being Vuni (Aus Schoolboys), Joe Duarte (Under 16s GPS), Sepesa (Under 16s GPS) and Simon Kennewell (Combined States).
# Hardly a New student in sight supporting their team
I know exactly what you mean. I was sitting there directly above the 30 or 40 Newington Boys who had come out to watch. It looked utterly shameful seeing Joeys stands full of boys watching and cheering their idols on with the odd half-heartened chant from the Newington crowd. But i do understand their would've been a lack of Year 11 and 12 boys due to them being in Preliminary exams and Trials (correct me if i'm wrong).
The Headmaster needs to look into this as I know the main ethos of the school 'was' to support your mates. Interestingly, there was a bit of a stir within Newington over the past weeks as some old boys/parents and current students have been wanting to see the Scots V Newington away game be considered as a compulsory event as this would be the premiership decider and would leave an even bigger crowd to come and see a thrashing of Shore (i'm just hopeful) and claim the premiership (along with scots) come Back to Newington Day (7th Sept). Unfortunately, this has not been passed by the school and therefore whilst 10,000 strong scotsmen head to Bellevue Hill next week, it'll up to those few from New who want to go and cheer on their 1st Xv.

# New 4th XV forfeit within only 5mins of proposed kick

This game was not forfeited, New's 4th XV didn't have enough troops to fill out a 15 man team to they made it a 10 a side game. Interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.