• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shortball

Mate can you please just shut up with your pro-scots dogma - let's see them field a side of kids who pay school fees and see just how "special" they are. You and I both know that if Scots competed under the same conditions as most other schools, they would not win, in fact, as history shows, they get consistently flogged. This result is far more indicative of the real nature of Scots rugby - flawed and terrible, and far more appropriate for arrogant gints like you.
shot scots

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
# New 4th XV forfeit within only 5mins of proposed kick

This game was not forfeited, New's 4th XV didn't have enough troops to fill out a 15 man team to they made it a 10 a side game. Interesting!

Technically not having enough players is a forfeit!
I believe the MIC of rugby at Newington should be held to blame for the rugby at Newington more than the Headmaster once the season is under way. It is his job to organise and control ALL the rugby teams and players not just the 1st XV.
If you really support rugby them those at the bottom are just as important as those at the top. After all who will watch those at the top in the future if there is no widespread base.

ld2b

Allen Oxlade (6)
# 1st XV. Self evident. Scots & New are in a completely different zone with respect to speed, skill and size.
# Students. Why don't the students want to follow their 1st XV and bask in the reflected glory of their comprehensive victories?
# 4th XV - Agree with Random. Complete lack of respect to the Joeys 4th XV playing their last home game. Not a forfeit? Get real. What about the parents that drove 5-6hrs to see their boys play in their last home game.

B

Br Henry

The brunt of the Newington 4s then showed up to 'stack' there 5ths side who could only manage a 12 all draw with Joeys 10s.

I wish to support this statement. As I was present to watch the game I overheard a number of Stanmore boys asking their school mates, "where were you for your game?" The general response to the question was that they had "dodged the flogging and wanted to smack some light weights" Outstanding effort from the Joeys 10th XV who never once buckled against a far larger 4th/XV from Stanmore. On asking the MIC of Rugby at Joeys he confirmed the 4th XV game was declared a forfeit but the Joeys coaches were able to convince those New boys and parents to a social game of 10 aside.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Certainly will be a blockbuster - after News game against Joeys yesterday they are going to take some beating.... If Scots loose to new they will have an equally difficult game against Joeys in the last round - only two games left but a very long way to go!!!
If they win it, they'll certainly have earned it. Two tough ones to finish off.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Technically not having enough players is a forfeit!
I believe the MIC of rugby at Newington should be held to blame for the rugby at Newington more than the Headmaster once the season is under way. It is his job to organise and control ALL the rugby teams and players not just the 1st XV.
If you really support rugby them those at the bottom are just as important as those at the top. After all who will watch those at the top in the future if there is no widespread base.
Forfeiting on the day of the match or not turing up with enough players etc. is poor form. You'd hope Newington would sanction the boys involved tomorrow.

I can understand boys not wanting to turn up for a flogging, but the respective MICs should have ensured and even match-up beforehand. 4ths aren't a competition, so it doesn't matter if a 4ths play a 5ths or 6ths or whatever, as long as boys and parents who turn up for a game get one.

As far as I can remember, the schools which are predominantly, or all, day boys get far fewer to matches - particularly away matches. Boys are also more likely to go if they have known the players for the full 6 years of high school.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Reliable sources say;
# Joeys 1st XV gets smashed
# Hardly a New student in sight supporting their team and
# New 4th XV forfeit within only 5mins of proposed kick off

Whats going on? Very confusing messages being sent here.

Can any New people clarify?

There was no New 4th XV forfeit. 5 mins before kick off they had only 8 players due to a mix between poor administration and sportsmanship. However as they were preparing to run on a Joeys staff member (do not know which position he held) moved them onto the number 2 ground, they subsequently played a game of 10s which was actually not bad to watch though the New players were completely out of gas before half time with Joeys rotating players in a way similar to the American Game. Regards to the first two points, there were a bunch of about 20 New Boys in one part of the crowd though it looked as if they were not given enough seating, however this has been a trend throughout the season and I could not give a specific reason why.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
As far as I can remember, the schools which are predominantly, or all, day boys get far fewer to matches - particularly away matches. Boys are also more likely to go if they have known the players for the full 6 years of high school.

Too True. But this still shouldnt be an excuse. It something else that's not getting the crowds. Either its the wide diversity of sports offered in the winter season now at New. Or something within the culture of Newington rugby has faltered.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
There was no New 4th XV forfeit. 5 mins before kick off they had only 8 players due to a mix between poor administration and sportsmanship. However as they were preparing to run on a Joeys staff member (do not know which position he held) moved them onto the number 2 ground, they subsequently played a game of 10s which was actually not bad to watch though the New players were completely out of gas before half time with Joeys rotating players in a way similar to the American Game. Regards to the first two points, there were a bunch of about 20 New Boys in one part of the crowd though it looked as if they were not given enough seating, however this has been a trend throughout the season and I could not give a specific reason why.

That would be both the MIC of Sports and Rugby Coordinator. Joeys can be at no fault here and should have every right to expect a 15 a side especially in 4th grade. Newington had a whole stand reserved for them to sit with far more room then needed, however the small group of boys Newington have bought over the past few years seem to prefer sitting in the spectators stand rather then the one reserved for them.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Thought the same thing when sitting across from the away fans stand which was mostly empty but there was a fair amount of New boys sitting in the stands near Jacks bar, still far less then expected. The 4ths XV game was an absolute disgrace. The Joes team had been warming up for half an hour only to see Joeys 6ths run onto number 1 to play Scots. It seems the Newington 4ths, who were flogged in the first round clash and then resorted to foul play and dirty tactics, only had 8 boys show up. The brunt of the Newington 4s then showed up to 'stack' there 5ths side who could only manage a 12 all draw with Joeys 10s. Pretty poor from Newington in that department, but as long as their 1sts keep performing they can stay happy. After all that's what they are paying for,

In regards to the resorting to dirty tactics, I believe you are misinformed (most likely) or seeing through pink glasses (I don't like to judge so less likely). I saw multiple punches thrown by joeys players and a couple of kicks and stamps, in fact I saw one Newington player being punched on the ground. Second they played a game of 10's with the Joeys boys (through great sportsmanship) matched, however they played on the next field, a decision made by a Joeys staff member who I could not put a name to. Thirdly I can tell you the Newington 5ths did not have any 4th XV players with them. The New 5ths are also the bottom team, so drawing against Joeys 10ths is an equal match up.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
# 1st XV. Self evident. Scots & New are in a completely different zone with respect to speed, skill and size.
# Students. Why don't the students want to follow their 1st XV and bask in the reflected glory of their comprehensive victories?
# 4th XV - Agree with Random. Complete lack of respect to the Joeys 4th XV playing their last home game. Not a forfeit? Get real. What about the parents that drove 5-6hrs to see their boys play in their last home game.

And the New Boys who did turn up? I am embarrassed for the Joeys boys, and dissapointed that they were not able to finish at home on a high, however there were New boys who turned up and played there hearts out but were beaten easily, I would not call it a lack of respect.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
That would be both the MIC of Sports and Rugby Coordinator. Joeys can be at no fault here and should have every right to expect a 15 a side especially in 4th grade. Newington had a whole stand reserved for them to sit with far more room then needed, however the small group of boys Newington have bought over the past few years seem to prefer sitting in the spectators stand rather then the one reserved for them.

I am not saying Joeys are at fault,simply stating the reason for the field swap

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
I wish to support this statement. As I was present to watch the game I overheard a number of Stanmore boys asking their school mates, "where were you for your game?" The general response to the question was that they had "dodged the flogging and wanted to smack some light weights" Outstanding effort from the Joeys 10th XV who never once buckled against a far larger 4th/XV from Stanmore. On asking the MIC of Rugby at Joeys he confirmed the 4th XV game was declared a forfeit but the Joeys coaches were able to convince those New boys and parents to a social game of 10 aside.

Do not know where this information is coming from Brother regarding the "dodged the flogging..." comment, I know for a fact that the boys who played 4th XV last week but not this week were wither promoted or injured and not replace, due to a mixture between poor administration and sportsmanship.

Status
Not open for further replies.