• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Look at the table for CAS.
Two strong teams,two middle of the road teams,two weak teams.
Who ever thought Aloys were a chance against Barker this year?
Joeys got smacked yesterday,and they would put 50 on Knox.
CAS Rugby is the most overhyped competition in the land.

That's why GPS "flogged" CAS 29-14. 9 schools vs 6

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Read the match reports.it was a very dominant win.the scoreboard did not reflect the difference in quality of the teams.
9 Schools is a mis representation as well.

There were 9 schools in GPS last time I counted. Are you saying that players from Grammar, High and TAS aren't eligible for GPS representation?

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
dont understand how cas can even try to claim they would beat the gps teams

Last time CAS prevailed was 2009, when they had a strong team including Nic Stirzaker and Tom Kingston and won 33-31. 2nds also close, 26-20 to GPS. Unlikely these days until Scots and New run out of money

squealer

Frank Row (1)
The rampant parochialism on this forum astounds me. Yes we all support our alma mater passionately and want them to win. Can we perhaps stop looking at things through cerise and blue glasses, black and white, gold and blue etc. The bitchiness on this forum hurts my feelings. Can’t we all get along? You may now return to bagging the CAS comp. Love Squealer (longtime voyeur, first time poster). xx

lineoutjumper

Stan Wickham (3)
the 16As at shore are in a shamble, watched them on Saturday and they were a mess, the kings boys ran all over them including a standout performance by big Cameron King (powerhouse) they ended up loosing by more than 40 points, but a good game on the field over in the 15As with the shore lads winning 17-0 which i heard is rare in the Shore 15As

this 16As result is a worry considering they have no players in the opens and the future at shore next year in the 1st-2nds is a worry with this quality of players coming through

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
the 16As at shore are in a shamble, watched them on Saturday and they were a mess, the kings boys ran all over them including a standout performance by big Cameron King (powerhouse) they ended up loosing by more than 40 points, but a good game on the field over in the 15As with the shore lads winning 17-0 which i heard is rare in the Shore 15As

this 16As result is a worry considering they have no players in the opens and the future at shore next year in the 1st-2nds is a worry with this quality of players coming through

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
The 16s is a pretty lopsided comp to begin with. Only a three horse race scots, kings and joeys and of those only joeys undefeated the other two have two losses each. Joeys v kings will be a cracker this week. Bounce of the ball will decide this one

Greg Robinson

Bob McCowan (2)
There were 9 schools in GPS last time I counted. Are you saying that players from Grammar, High and TAS aren't eligible for GPS representation?

That's why GPS "flogged" CAS 29-14. 9 schools vs 6

Except the GPS 1sts team didnt have any representation even from riverview so it could be argued that it was 5 schools against 6

Plus Harry Jones, arguable the best player in the CAS side, used to be a grammar and kings boy

theking10

Frank Row (1)
Thought the same thing when sitting across from the away fans stand which was mostly empty but there was a fair amount of New boys sitting in the stands near Jacks bar, still far less then expected. The 4ths XV game was an absolute disgrace. The Joes team had been warming up for half an hour only to see Joeys 6ths run onto number 1 to play Scots. It seems the Newington 4ths, who were flogged in the first round clash and then resorted to foul play and dirty tactics, only had 8 boys show up. The brunt of the Newington 4s then showed up to 'stack' there 5ths side who could only manage a 12 all draw with Joeys 10s. Pretty poor from Newington in that department, but as long as their 1sts keep performing they can stay happy. After all that's what they are paying for,

i watch the 10s 5ths game and saw that two players were out injuried im just wondering if you knew. Apparently they were meant to play twos this year but got injuired for the season? do you no who?

Status
Not open for further replies.