• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
wow Riverview has picked up a few injuries to key players ... think Shore is a real chance ... and I hope Shore get up, just to quieten the naysayers

absolutely pumped for this Newington v Scots game

hope there is a big crowd, and hope Newington supporters turn up in numbers

crowd numbers remains my biggest criticism of this new home & away format, although others seem pretty happy with format

feel sorry that Crichton won't be part of this big match, as definitely deserves to be out there [must really have been a bad neck injury, as haven't seen many neck injuries keep someone out for that long]

either way think this is going to be a bruising game, and having seen that goal kick of lussick's in highlights real, wonder if it comes down to goal kicking .... although Kellaway hasn't been much better

jumping ship, and think Scots will get up [but subject to their front row not crumpling]

although interested to know if any players from either side, have come down with this lurgy that has seen me with all 5 kids in various states of coughing/spluttering

Joeys v Kings ... isn't this their 3rd game of year?! ... be surprised if crowd is large, and reckon match of interest there might be the 3rds

Footy Writer

Bob McCowan (2)
With one of the biggest games of GPS rugby in many years coming up this weekend (Scots vs New obviously) I thought I would make my triumphant return to the forum and give my prediction and also shed light on some issues.
  1. Whilst it's unfortunate that schools like Joeys and Shore are suffering big losses, I don't think it's anything to worry about. If you cast your memory back just 12 months, let's not forget how brave Shore were when they almost spoiled Newington's undefeated season. I know the Shore boys are very young, and this season will give them some heart to play with next year. As for Joeys, they've come the closest to beating Scots out of everyone (so far,) and for that they deserve recognition. Again, they seem to have a young side with the talent still developing. Congratulations to them for their recent success in the football and the rowing, they're obviously a school with changing focuses which I commend them for.
  2. Like everyone, I have really enjoyed the new 3rd XV competition. It has been great to see schools like SGS and TAS start winning games again. That being said, I think the way in which it sends some teams over to the opposite end of Sydney without any reserves is cruel. For example I know the other week the Newington 3rd XV were sent over to Scots without any reserves or teams to back up whilst the rest of the school were over at Kings. I think it's great in which this competition tests the depth of each school's opens rugby program, I still think it is logistically problematic.
  3. Finally, my tip for Saturday. I hope it stays dry in Sydney so we can see the two backlines go. I have no doubt Milne and Moeroa will bust through the mid-field several times, and it will be interesting to see if Kellaway's defence continues to stay strong. Morris vs Kamp in the backrow will be another great battle, as will Lussick vs Short. I think Newington have too much momentum behind them for anyone to stop them- New by 10.
Peace.

Billy Webb Ellis

Frank Row (1)
wow Riverview has picked up a few injuries to key players . think Shore is a real chance . and I hope Shore get up, just to quieten the naysayers

absolutely pumped for this Newington v Scots game

hope there is a big crowd, and hope Newington supporters turn up in numbers

crowd numbers remains my biggest criticism of this new home & away format, although others seem pretty happy with format

feel sorry that Crichton won't be part of this big match, as definitely deserves to be out there [must really have been a bad neck injury, as haven't seen many neck injuries keep someone out for that long]

either way think this is going to be a bruising game, and having seen that goal kick of lussick's in highlights real, wonder if it comes down to goal kicking .. although Kellaway hasn't been much better

jumping ship, and think Scots will get up [but subject to their front row not crumpling]

although interested to know if any players from either side, have come down with this lurgy that has seen me with all 5 kids in various states of coughing/spluttering

Joeys v Kings . isn't this their 3rd game of year?! . be surprised if crowd is large, and reckon match of interest there might be the 3rds

Old Boys weekend at kings, crowd attendance should go alright

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Scots line-up for this weekend?????

Can Confirm. Newington's Line-up has not changed from last week.

socks out

Frank Row (1)
My predictions for tomorrow:

Shore have their last shot at getting a win up for season '13 however the view boys will certainly be a big challenge for them. Injuries for view won't have that much of an impact in my opinion, my tip is Stagemen and Hurley to shine on debut. #4 Clinton also gives his heart in every situation so won't be a weak spot in the pack. View by 15

Joeys should get up over Kings at home, this premiership drought will certainly be angering some boys at Joeys so why not take it out on a very poor Kings team. At home Kings might offer some resistance however Joeys by 10 or more

Match of the season in New vs Scots. Key match up for me is Lussick vs Short, and I think the winner of that battle could control the outcome of the game. Scots #10 Styles could be targeted by Moeroa on the short balls but if the Scots forwards can bring him down they should be alright. Kellaway was poor against View however should come back firing with a big game. New with more sting in the backs perhaps, gives them a 3 point win in my opinion.

Paddogreen

Herbert Moran (7)
With one of the biggest games of GPS rugby in many years coming up this weekend (Scots vs New obviously) I thought I would make my triumphant return to the forum and give my prediction and also shed light on some issues.
  1. Whilst it's unfortunate that schools like Joeys and Shore are suffering big losses, I don't think it's anything to worry about. If you cast your memory back just 12 months, let's not forget how brave Shore were when they almost spoiled Newington's undefeated season. I know the Shore boys are very young, and this season will give them some heart to play with next year. As for Joeys, they've come the closest to beating Scots out of everyone (so far,) and for that they deserve recognition. Again, they seem to have a young side with the talent still developing. Congratulations to them for their recent success in the football and the rowing, they're obviously a school with changing focuses which I commend them for.
  2. Like everyone, I have really enjoyed the new 3rd XV competition. It has been great to see schools like SGS and TAS start winning games again. That being said, I think the way in which it sends some teams over to the opposite end of Sydney without any reserves is cruel. For example I know the other week the Newington 3rd XV were sent over to Scots without any reserves or teams to back up whilst the rest of the school were over at Kings. I think it's great in which this competition tests the depth of each school's opens rugby program, I still think it is logistically problematic.
  3. Finally, my tip for Saturday. I hope it stays dry in Sydney so we can see the two backlines go. I have no doubt Milne and Moeroa will bust through the mid-field several times, and it will be interesting to see if Kellaway's defence continues to stay strong. Morris vs Kamp in the backrow will be another great battle, as will Lussick vs Short. I think Newington have too much momentum behind them for anyone to stop them- New by 10.
Peace.
on point 2. Heard that High 15a's have beaten View, Kings, New and Joeys 'c's and everyone is cock-a-hoop about that at the school.

Jerusalem

Stan Wickham (3)
Ok, but this is on their website. 15 June a win 20 to 14. I think the point is it is good for the school's rugby program. It is a long time since a High side has recorded these victories
http://www.sydneyhigh.org.au/rugby/results/15s/
Oh well, in that case I may be wrong. But have a strong memory of View C's dissapointed with a draw. But little did they know how strong this High team are this season, great to see!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
H

harrysboy

My predictions for tomorrow:

Shore have their last shot at getting a win up for season '13 however the view boys will certainly be a big challenge for them. Injuries for view won't have that much of an impact in my opinion, my tip is Stagemen and Hurley to shine on debut. #4 Clinton also gives his heart in every situation so won't be a weak spot in the pack. View by 15

Joeys should get up over Kings at home, this premiership drought will certainly be angering some boys at Joeys so why not take it out on a very poor Kings team. At home Kings might offer some resistance however Joeys by 10 or more

Match of the season in New vs Scots. Key match up for me is Lussick vs Short, and I think the winner of that battle could control the outcome of the game. Scots #10 Styles could be targeted by Moeroa on the short balls but if the Scots forwards can bring him down they should be alright. Kellaway was poor against View however should come back firing with a big game. New with more sting in the backs perhaps, gives them a 3 point win in my opinion.

I'm keen for the underdogs to show some bite ... C'mon Shore, Kings (who are not a "very poor team") and Newington (away from home)!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Guys with 50+ postings.

Can you please advise if there are any wind-ups in the last two pages.

Anyone guilty of wind-ups will get a long ban.

Geez I hope that doesn't get a wave of wind-ups

Benched '84

Allen Oxlade (6)
The replacement 12 was playing u15s and was not even considered for 1s as a result

IS,
has this young bloke played enough games in the SGS 1sts to earn his school colours? If so, one would assume that he will go on and earn his rugby colours for the following 3 yrs (4 yrs's in total, no repeating or pathways) what an achievment! I'm guessing a very rare honour!!
Hope he also gets rewarded with GPS and/or some rep honours in his senior years.

footyking

Stan Wickham (3)
Joeys v Kings . isn't this their 3rd game of year?! . be surprised if crowd is large, and reckon match of interest there might be the 3rds[/quote]

interestingly this is also the same as shore v riverview, they have played each other on the GoldCoast and played a couple of weeks ago too

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys team for this week:
1. Jono Hardy
2. Patrick O'Doherty
3. Matt Sandell (c)
4. Koim Wingti
5. Linden Deans
6. Patrick O'Brien
7. Rory Gallagher
8. Ned Hanigan
9. Tevita Mackini
10. Andrew Deegan
11. Luke Ryan
12. Willo McDonnell
13. Oscar Vierod
14. Tim McCutcheon
15. Brodie Bailey

Again injuries have hit Joeys hard particularly in the forwards. Patrick O'Doherty will make his 1st grade debut for the injured Glasson. Whilst he will be one of the smallest blokes on the field, his work rate on the field is exceptional and he will do the school proud. This Saturday could go either way, Joeys could really switch on after a few average efforts and put Kings to the sword or they could put in another average performance and get done. I don't think Joeys could ever put in 3 bad performances in a row so ill go - Joeys by 10

Shore vs Riverview - An under strength View side will get done by a brave Shore side at Northbridge - Shore by 5

Scots vs Newington - Scots to get up in front of a big home crowd and 23 Newingon supporters and claim the title - Scots by 8

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Guys with 50+ postings.

Can you please advise if there are any wind-ups in the last two pages.

Anyone guilty of wind-ups will get a long ban.

Geez I hope that doesn't get a wave of wind-ups

" If so, his crypticity is hardly surprising on a number of levels. "

Crypticity could be a wind up LG! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.