• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
In other games at Hunters Hill, out of 39 games, joeys have won 38 with the 14c's going down.
The Joeys u16 group really dominant, all winning, 412 for/39 against.....

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Newington 24-21 over Shore.

What a game at Hunters Hill, Joeys really gave it to Scots in a very tough encounter. O'Shea played like a true Schoolboy with an absolutely awesome performance. Scots were weakened without Crichton or Porter but Rudolf and Smith stood up and they got away with a win. One of the best I've seen at Hunters Hill in the past few years.

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thank you all for the score updates-please keep it going.This comp is shaping to be a nail biter for a few teams and their supporters.

mike parker

Frank Nicholson (4)
really disappointing to hear that Joey's 16 B's did not have a game today. After beating Scots twice this season already, they weren't able to match up for a third.
Schoolboy rugby is falling through the cracks.

In other news, the Joey's 1st side to produce the gallivant effort that i saw was a game that will be a talking point of the GPS competition this week

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
The mighty Scots 14D have been beaten today.
Joeys 14D 14 Scots 12
As one of only 4 teams (out of 22) that beat Joeys in round 1, this is huge blow to the Scots program.

Meanwhile the glamor Joeys 13G's continued on their winning ways beating Scots 13F's 51-0. Great coaching from the Joeys Principal.
Saw the 14D match between Scots And Joeys. Very close match with Joeys winning virtually on the bell. Joeys had a bit of luck go their way; Joeys knocked a ball on, the ref played an unbelievably short advantage, which gave the ball back to Joeys. From the ensuing play Joeys scored. Great game by boys of both teams.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Newington 24 Shore 15: 3 tries each. Key differences between the two teams was New's kicker (got all 3 conversions plus a penalty) and New's defence. It was rock solid in the second half.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
did joeys play out of their skin today? Or did scots just have a bad day at the office?
Scots obviously were weakened with no Angus Crichton and Guy Porter, but they were defiantly all there in terms of defensive and attack efforts, they played very well all throughout the game. I thought Joeys today were exceptional, they played very well stayed composed and their 5/8 i think goes by the name of Connor O'shea played a hand in all of the tries vertically slicing through hot butter to score with 5 minutes to go really lifting the joeys boys. The joeys boys will take a lot out of this game and their heads should be held high. 2 close weeks for Scots in a row, i think it finally may be catching up to them, tired stressed you'll feel better on swisse. GPS rugby is alive and will be for decades to come #runningrugby

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Scots obviously were weakened with no Angus Crichton and Guy Porter, but they were defiantly all there in terms of defensive and attack efforts, they played very well all throughout the game. I thought Joeys today were exceptional, they played very well stayed composed and their 5/8 i think goes by the name of Connor O'shea played a hand in all of the tries vertically slicing through hot butter to score with 5 minutes to go really lifting the joeys boys. The joeys boys will take a lot out of this game and their heads should be held high. 2 close weeks for Scots in a row, i think it finally may be catching up to them, tired stressed you'll feel better on swisse. GPS rugby is alive and will be for decades to come #runningrugby

It's been a long season for Scots as they went to South Africa pre season. No team can play at optimum performance every week for that long. They came from behind last week and held on this week. They know how to win the close ones.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow joeys have always been strong ... But 38 wins from 40 ... That is pretty dominant

Joeys should be thankful that at least some schools , like scots, are giving them a show .... As that is really what should be reported in the daily telegraph, not a 100 point result versus a gastro effected newington

Surprised that joeys won 14as ... As scots have some good kids in that age, including tim Gavin's son, unless I am mistaken

Re 15s ... Given the glengarry effect ... I would suggest that scots are strong in 15s and will be a force in future years

Would like to see joeys 15as and 14as face waverley ...think that would be v interesting ... And bear in mind scots 14as best player poached from waves ...

Status
Not open for further replies.