• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theking12

Stan Wickham (3)
This is an example of craziness in schoolboy rugby. Surely without sheep stations at stake, the sixth grade coaches should have agreed to a 10-a-side game. Playing 15 v 9 and letting the score blow out to 150-nil is rank stupidity by both schools.

The game was 9 v 9 with an injured player from scots near half time making it 8 v 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is an example of craziness in schoolboy rugby. Surely without sheep stations at stake, the sixth grade coaches should have agreed to a 10-a-side game. Playing 15 v 9 and letting the score blow out to 150-nil is rank stupidity by both schools.
Yep that is plain stupid, I recently saw a lower grade waverley v knox fixture, where the rivalries run deep, and it was a similar issue with numbers

Full credit to the knox boys they just handed over 6 of their reserves, who then turned their jerseys inside out ..... And it was 15 aside.... And it was quite the game.for a 13f or g fixture

Ps one last note on the 14as ... I will let it go ..I am like a dog with a bone .... St Augustine's 14as beat st Greg's something like 93-nil, last week, to see their season completed undefeated and without a single point scored against them ... So yes I may be out of touch, and no doubt I under-rated joeys 14as, but all my point was I for one would like to see gps cracked wide opened, so the likes of waves and st Augustine's can have a crack at the fancied joeys and scots A teams

So in a strange way I agree with nick Farr gone ... But for different reasons

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Y

Ps one last note on the 14as . I will let it go ..I am like a dog with a bone .. St Augustine's 14as beat st Greg's something like 93-nil, last week, to see their season completed undefeated and without a single point scored against them . So yes I may be out of touch, and no doubt I under-rated joeys 14as, but all my point was I for one would like to see gps cracked wide opened, so the likes of waves and st Augustine's can have a crack at the fancied joeys and scots A teams

So in a strange way I agree with nick Farr gone . But for different reasons

These cross association matches used to happen more often in the past than they do now, until CAS and then GPS went to a 2 round structure, now there's no room.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yep that is plane stupid, I recently saw a lower grade waverley v knox fixture, where the rivalries run deep, and it was a similar issue with numbers

Full credit to the knox boys they just handed over 6 of their reserves, who then turned their jerseys inside out ... And it was 15 aside.. And it was quite the game.for a 13f or g fixture

Ps one last note on the 14as . I will let it go ..I am like a dog with a bone .. St Augustine's 14as beat st Greg's something like 93-nil, last week, to see their season completed undefeated and without a single point scored against them . So yes I may be out of touch, and no doubt I under-rated joeys 14as, but all my point was I for one would like to see gps cracked wide opened, so the likes of waves and st Augustine's can have a crack at the fancied joeys and scots A teams

So in a strange way I agree with nick Farr gone . But for different reasons

Joeys played Oakhill earlier this year whose 1st and 2nds won the ISA comp and whose 15As are pretty handy by all accounts. Joeys won all A grade games from memory

Joeys also used to play Augustines a few years back. After Auggies won 2 in a row against the 1st they went to NZ for a camp and Oakhill offered to take on the fixture. They provided more teams for Joeys to play accross all games and the 1st XV matches have been very good encounters and has meant it has become an annual fixture. With Williams coaching at Knox now that's another fixture that is looking like it could happen each year aswell.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Re-Joeys v Scots: Definitely a cracking game, if only Joeys hadn't gifted Scots a try at the end of the first half...
Here's 38mins of fairly full highlights from the game, for anyone who didn't watch it.
[/quote]

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Scots boys numbers were down. They were down for the away game against Joeys last year as well, and what a cracker of a game that was. Maybe it was because many predicted a big win for Scots and there was a big turnout for the game with View the week before.

Also all the 3rds and 5ths in each year group were away at TAS.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Kings v Scots at Kings.
Should be much closer than first round. Scots will be strong favourites. I assume Crichton will be back from "leave" and the boys from the east should prevail over an improving TKS.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Grammar v Joeys should be the game of the round in the 3rds. I reckon Joeys can upset the competition leaders.

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
1sts:
Shore v Joeys at Shore
View v New at View
Kings v Scot at Kings

For the 3rds:
Grammar v Joeys at Grammar
TAS v New at TAS
Kings v Scots at Kings
Shore v High at Shore

In 3rds I tip Grammar and Shore for close wins. TAS and Scots to win big.

Status
Not open for further replies.