• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
You must have arrived late - it was Toby that spoke about Shore with those words. Nice to hear a very humble guy from TSC
Sorry, have to concur with RTU12345 (get another name), Blackburn IIRC did both after Harry and Toby spoke. Toby was humble in his reply to Harry and acknowledged the great work done by the Shore team on the day. He like the rest of the Scots team appeared genuinely lost for words at what Shore had achieved, they obviously didn't expect that result. Blackburn reiterated what his Captain of Rugby had conveyed earlier whilst also congratulating his team on their effort ...... fair enough i thought.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
This is odd: is there some complacency?
Do they expect to win everything and to win by big margins?

Not at all. It became obvious that their tried and true game plan wasn't working in the wet and Shore's game was spot on. They certainly did not get the game that some of them thought they might. As someone said earlier, rain is a good leveller (HJ) and I am not sure that they have played in these conditions before this year. Definitely a learning experience. It will be interesting to see what the coming weekend brings. My guess is that Newington are champing at the bit to have a crack at Scots. Dare i say it, the previous score was an "anomaly".

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not at all. It became obvious that their tried and true game plan wasn't working in the wet and Shore's game was spot on. They certainly did not get the game that some of them thought they might. As someone said earlier, rain is a good leveller (HJ) and I am not sure that they have played in these conditions before this year. Definitely a learning experience. It will be interesting to see what the coming weekend brings. My guess is that Newington are champing at the bit to have a crack at Scots. Dare i say it, the previous score was an "anomaly".
Their game against Newington was in poor conditions - perhaps not raining, as was the battle of the hill.
To say that a team had achieved something extraordinary by getting close to you implies a certain amount of hubris

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
This is odd: is there some complacency?
Do they expect to win everything and to win by big margins?
I think the loss of words was from the mighty big scare Shore gave them. I honestly don't think there is any complacency in the ranks. I believe the Scots boys do have a determined belief that they can win everything, but it is not arrogance and they are under no allusions that they need to remain focused after tight matches against View, Joeys and now Shore.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think the loss of words was from the mighty big scare Shore gave them. I honestly don't think there is any complacency in the ranks. I believe the Scots boys do have a determined belief that they can win everything, but it is not arrogance and they are under no allusions that they need to remain focused after tight matches against View, Joeys and know Shore.

Perhaps its just the way their supporters choose to express themselves

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Having seen your posts a few times, it seems you are always so willing to write view off and at times by a lot, could i hear a further explanation to this theory? I just can't seem to see why you write them off so easily, last shore round, both joeys rounds, you thought Scots would put a cricket score on them, these are just a few from memory

The only time this year I have written View off was against Scots and yes they proved me wrong. It was simply an informed opinion that Shore have been in great form and will be pressing desperately for a win in their game at Northbridge whilst View have been somewhat unconvincing in recent weeks as a few have stated and the loss of skipper Prichard will mean they will need to really lift next week.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Their game against Newington was in poor conditions - perhaps not raining, as was the battle of the hill.
To say that a team had achieved something extraordinary by getting close to you implies a certain amount of hubris
Sorry IS, but the games against New and Cranbrook were nothing close to the conditions experienced on Saturday. Also I don't think there is any hubris from the Scots team, just a well founded respect for the way their opposition played and took it up to them that day.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sorry IS, but the games against New and Cranbrook were nothing close to the conditions experienced on Saturday. Also I don't think there is any hubris from the Scots team, just a well founded respect for the way their opposition played and took it up to them that day.

Well, its not actually anyone in the team who is making these observations so I'll stick with post #2716

runtheunders12345

Bob McCowan (2)
Oh yes, absolutely, I agree there are many a Scots supporter that I have found ungracious and arrogant. Also plenty that are the opposite. Probably the same in most supporter ranks.

In any GPS school you can find supporters who you may find "ungracious and arrogant," it all depends on how hard you look

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Sorry, have to concur with RTU12345 (get another name), Blackburn IIRC did both after Harry and Toby spoke. Toby was humble in his reply to Harry and acknowledged the great work done by the Shore team on the day. He like the rest of the Scots team appeared genuinely lost for words at what Shore had achieved, they obviously didn't expect that result. Blackburn reiterated what his Captain of Rugby had conveyed earlier whilst also congratulating his team on their effort .. fair enough i thought.

I was there and didnt hear anything ungenerous by anyone, thought it was all in good spirit on all sides.

The Master in charge of Rugby at Scots made a crack about everyone wanting close games in the GPS. He wasnt so sure he wanted them that close.

T

The Big Marn

Where is Big Marn and his BOM Deep Throat?:)

Yeah, look. Scots need a wet weather game plan. Plain and simple. There is no way around it, their showy/flick pass style rugby invariably gets bogged down by the slop. Scots vs. Riverview is certainly living up to the hype. All credit must go to Shore, they really gave it to the Scots boys. So much for the GPS being dead, aye? Mmmm.

In other news, I thought the Scots 3rds were outstanding, I have never seen such a well greased back line in the 3rds competition. Then again, this was the first 3rds game I've been to all season. Just to confirm, the 3rds competition isn't decided by points differential? I think it will excellent to have a three-way tie if that's the case.

And no need to talk about my connection in that manner. We'll keep it convivial, if you don't mind. Mrs. Marn will not be impressed.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
do not take this in the wrong light but we see:
1st XV 24-22 scots
2nd XV 33-12 shore
3rd XV 30+ - 7 scots

if the shore seconds can beat scots seconds team by 21 points in the wet and the thirds scots does the same to shore is it not a bit suspicious, I find it strange how scots thirds are very competitive but the seconds haven't won a game? is it the players (stacking??) or maybe just the coaching and attitude of the 3rds?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
do not take this in the wrong light but we see:
1st XV 24-22 scots
2nd XV 33-12 shore
3rd XV 30+ - 7 scots

if the shore seconds can beat scots seconds team by 21 points in the wet and the thirds scots does the same to shore is it not a bit suspicious, I find it strange how scots thirds are very competitive but the seconds haven't won a game? is it the players (stacking??) or maybe just the coaching and attitude of the 3rds?

IMHO the Scots 3rds and 2nds coaches have good playing pedigrees (recent), both are teachers at the school, and have the ability to relate well to their players. Not a struck match between them in coaching ability. Would not be out of place as 1sts coaches. Both are ex-forwards, a significant plus in the development of their rugby nous.
There seems to be a school policy of promotions and injury replacements for 4ths to replace into 2nds and 3rds to move into 1sts. If so, that could account for the disparity between 3rds and 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.