• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
Can anyone remember when was the last time the 1st XV comp was truly competitive eg 5, 6 or even 7 (including Grammar and High if possible) of the 8 schools had a good shot at winning the Premiership? Also who is the Newington Captain of Rugby for 2014?
Vuni fifita

V

Vindíctam

Which years?
Grammar beat SJC at hunters hill in 78 and 80, and I thought 75.

That is correct. I thought they won in 79, but that year Joeys won I recall now (it was the poorest season they had in decades...over coached by Br Geoff S) I do recall though SGS winning the 78 game with a field goal on the bell.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That is correct. I thought they won in 79, but that year Joeys won I recall now (it was the poorest season they had in decades.over coached by Br Geoff S) I do recall though SGS winning the 78 game with a field goal on the bell.
No that was 80 and it was a penalty kicked by the son of an old joeys boy, Boland.
78 was 6 nil to SJC at half time with a full time score of 15-6 (I think) to SGS.
79 SGS Woz robbed at weigall!

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
92, 93 and 94 were all very competitive between high, scots and joeys. i'm not sure on the other minor placings those years but shore and newington were capable of an upset and so were grammar and view, kings were the whipping boys. The way the GPS used to work when it was a straight race no double rounds was you could lose 1 game and maybe tie. 2 losses and you were gone. To be honest and i know times have changed but the AAGPS comp will be better and more interesting the sooner it returns to that format.

V

Vindíctam

No that was 80 and it was a penalty kicked by the son of an old joeys boy, Boland.
78 was 6 nil to SJC at half time with a full time score of 15-6 (I think) to SGS.
79 SGS Woz robbed at weigall!

Thanks for the correction. SGS was robbed.

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
Has there been discussion on the bonus point system being introduced to the GPS ? Do other school associations use it or is it strictly for clubland ?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
92, 93 and 94 were all very competitive between high, scots and joeys. i'm not sure on the other minor placings those years but shore and newington were capable of an upset and so were grammar and view, kings were the whipping boys. The way the GPS used to work when it was a straight race no double rounds was you could lose 1 game and maybe tie. 2 losses and you were gone. To be honest and i know times have changed but the AAGPS comp will be better and more interesting the sooner it returns to that format.
That last thought is interesting: I think you're right but I'm not sure why .
More of a lottery?

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
Yeah i dont know why, sometimes less is more and you only faced everyone once so it became like a bigger event and you only hosted everyone every 2 years. I cant comment really on the current format as ive not been to games but i can certainly remember bigger crowds back in the middle 90's years (91-97). The Newington - Scots "Grand Final" game was nowhere near the crowd scots joeys had in the 93 finale.

Donotquestion

Stan Wickham (3)
My take for GPS 1's this year. Some players out of their positions from Rd.1 this season. If there is anyone you think would be better fit for positions, don't hesitate to change it around.

1. Vuni Fifita (New)
2. Evan Prichard (View)
3. Hosea Fotokuva (View)
4. Koim Wingti (Joeys)
5. Toby Rudolph (Scots)
6. Jack Hayson (View)
7. Jum Woodhill (Shore)
8. Angus Chrichton (Scots) (C)
9. Harry Emery (Shore)
10. Jack McGregor (View)
11. Guy Porter (Scots)
12. Willo McDonnell (Joeys)
13. Henry Hutchinson (View) (VC)
14. Simon Kennewell (New) / Max Hendrie (Scots)
15. Bill Freeman (View) / James Kane (Kings)

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My take for GPS 1's this year. Some players out of their positions from Rd.1 this season. If there is anyone you think would be better fit for positions, don't hesitate to change it around.

1. Vuni Fifita (New)
2. Evan Prichard (View)
3. Hosea Fotokuva (View)
4. Koim Wingti (Joeys)
5. Toby Rudolph (Scots)
6. Jack Hayson (View)
7. Jum Woodhill (Shore)
9. Harry Emery (Shore)
10. Jack McGregor (View)
11. Guy Porter (Scots)

7 Tyler Deer, 8 Charlie Smith and 10 Callum Stiles are all options from Scots

Donotquestion

Stan Wickham (3)
Kings backrower George Lehmann copped a nasty nose injury on Saturday, splitting his nostril in half. Any idea how long he will be out for ?

Word going around is that he had plastic surgery done on Saturday night. I would expect him to be out for a while if these rumors are true

Donotquestion

Stan Wickham (3)
7 Tyler Deer, 8 Charlie Smith and 10 Callum Stiles are all options from Scots

Charlie Smith from Scots would be a solid 8 if you were to put Chrichton at Outside and Hutchinson at inside. After seeing Hutchinson play 12 against Augustines, the combination of Hutchinson and Chrichton would be absolutely lethal.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)

1. Vuni Fifita (New)
2. Evan Prichard (View)
3. Hosea Fotokuva (View)
4. Koim Wingti (Joeys)
5. Toby Rudolph (Scots)
6. Jack Hayson (View)
7. Jum Woodhill (Shore)
9. Harry Emery (Shore)
10. Jack McGregor (View)
11. Guy Porter (Scots)
This looks to me very accurate, i wouldn't be surprised if you pretty much have the correct XV, i think the 2nds GPS will be very strong as well, as some quality players will obviously not make the 1st's

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can anyone remember when was the last time the 1st XV comp was truly competitive eg 5, 6 or even 7 (including Grammar and High if possible) of the 8 schools had a good shot at winning the Premiership? Also who is the Newington Captain of Rugby for 2014?

I think 2006 was the last time the entire comp was together. I remember the enormous scorelines against SBH, 2012 was the last for SGS. 08/09 id say would of been the last closely fought comp overall with no blowouts.

Anybody know what state St Greg's rugby is in at the moment? I recall their 1sts filling in against GPS 2nds teams during the SBH round and they were extremely talented producing players like Nic White

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think 2006 was the last time the entire comp was together. I remember the enormous scorelines against SBH, 2012 was the last for SGS. 08/09 id say would of been the last closely fought comp overall with no blowouts.

Anybody know what state St Greg's rugby is in at the moment? I recall their 1sts filling in against GPS 2nds teams during the SBH round and they were extremely talented producing players like Nic White

Grammar got close with a very much patched up side during athletics.
I will leave others to determine what that means for the state of the game in Campbelltown.

Think About Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)

I believe SJC 3's defeated the St Greg's 1's. SJC were probably athletics depleted as well. St Greg's seem competent but not viable as potential for the GPS 1s comp which appears destined to self destruct.

Status
Not open for further replies.