• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Otago University was known for its active support of rugby players (back in the shamateur days).

Perhaps we should be discussing Dr Kirk's academic qualifications in that other thread.

He was also a Rhodes Scholar and has some sort of degree from Worcester College, Oxford in Politics, Philosopky and Ecomomics, and he is one of only 3 Australians to have held the William Webb Ellis Cup aloft as a winning captain at a RWC. No other country has had 3 of its citizens captain a Rugby World Cup winning team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I should have said that Otago Univesirty is still known for its active support for rugby as they are a major sponsor of The Clan in Super Rugby.

I'm not sure that they (and friends and associates of the University) are as active in "supporting" rugby players through their studies as they once were.

We digress. Back to the AAGPS banter.

At the moment making AAGPS 1st XV is only for 2 games (v CHS and v CAS) and for many it has become as a means to an end (NSW Schoolboy selection) rather than an end in its own right. Selection for your SChool Association rep team is a rather high honour with some fairly tough competition for places.

A left field proposal. An AAGPS rep team tour during the term 3/4 school holidays after the AAGPS Competition has finished - to NZ, Qld or <insert other place>.

Could that happen?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ I chose my words very carefully. :)

Dr DK was not an Australian Citizen at the time he held Bill aloft.

Never claimed he was.

He is currently an Australian Citizen (probably retained his NZ Citizenship as many Kiwis do).

He has held Bill aloft as a winning captain.
Two other Australian Citizens have done so, NFJ and Nobody.

That makes 3 Australian Citizens who have held Bill aloft as Captain of their Team.

This factoid can upset some NZ and Saffer acquaintences who do not share my view of Oz Rugby superiority.

It's a Dad's Joke thing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A left field proposal. An AAGPS rep team tour during the term 3/4 school holidays after the AAGPS Competition has finished - to NZ, Qld or <insert other place>.

Could that happen?

No and nor should it.
Probably means that its about to be announced.
I can't resist on Otago - my research (done for other reasons) suggests you only get 3 years playing - colts, B and A's

F

footywarrior

The Joeys U16's have some serious contenders this year for NSW Schools RU Presidents U16 XV's.

New addition Blaise Barnes has been constantly proving to be a serious threat for the fullback position.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ There is no such thing.

Some lads from the AAGPS association get nominated to play for the NSW Schools RU Presidents U16 XV's.

Not an AAGPS squad.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Joeys U16's have some serious contenders this year for NSW Schools RU Presidents U16 XV's.

New addition Blaise Barnes has been constantly proving to be a serious threat for the fullback position.

I smell a rat.
This kid from the ACT is a fullback, is quick and....I thought the SJC fullback was named Day

F

footywarrior

I see.
Gee he had some huge rats. I mean wraps on here when he played JGC FOR THE ACT

He hasn't proved himself yet. Hasn't caught the last 20 passes his received so hasn't had a chance to run the ball. Used to play wing for the A's but got dropped. Haven't heard any word of him playing fullback.

Obviously the competition is just too competitive at SJC for him.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He hasn't proved himself yet. Hasn't caught the last 20 passes his received so hasn't had a chance to run the ball. Used to play wing for the A's but got dropped. Haven't heard any word of him playing fullback.

Obviously the competition is just too competitive at SJC for him.
Yet more damning evidence of the standard of JGC

Status
Not open for further replies.