• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Any thoughts on the Under 16 GPS sides? I hear it is a very strong age group. Interesting to see who are the contenders in the sides.

Are they definitely doing a 16s side this year ? the National U16s comp has been scrapped so I don't know what that means for GPS.

If there is a side Joeys will have 9 Wennerbom, 1 Fazzari, 12 Ofengahwi, 13 Parfitt and the 15 Barnes all contenders. 9, 1 and 15 are shoe ins

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
3rd XV - Joeys 22 - scots 5
A very physical contest early with joeys getting an early intercept try through #13 Ronald Streeter-mason I believe. No doubt scots have excellent structure and this showed as they spent 10-15 minutes continously bashing joeys line however the joeys defence was ruthless.
#8 tom leaver was a standout for me as he made metres every time he touched the ball.
Joeys discipline was shocking in the last 20 minutes with 2 yellow cards and a send off which lead to scots getting a try against the joeys 12 man side. However, joeys would be very pleased to finish off with a try 3 men down.

Joeys look to be very dangerous in the 3rd XV competition and it will be interesting to see how they go against the likes of grammar, high and Armadale 1st XVs

How did the Joeys No.9 Jack Young go ?

Bigg Dogg 84

Frank Row (1)
Any thoughts on the Under 16 GPS sides? I hear it is a very strong age group. Interesting to see who are the contenders in the sides.

Scots - Charlie Crawford No. 8 could easily be put into any back row and possibly even second row position. outstanding ball runner and like the rest of scots u16's are fit as a fiddle.

lineoutjumper

Stan Wickham (3)

Intrested in the side and the age group, my team would be.

1. Cameron Fazzari (J-16A)
2. Jake Hedge (E-2NDXV)
4. Nick Brown (K- 1STXV)
5. Rory Suttor (E-1STXV)
6. Josh Smith (G-1STXV)
7. Tom Serhon (N-16A)/ Dylan Pietch (K-16A)
8. Charlie Crawford (S-16A)/Matthew Orphen (K-16A)
9. Will Wenerbom (J-16A)
10. Bailey Kuezuel (N-1STXV)
11. Luke Rixon (E-2NDXV)
12. Jake Prina (R-1STXV) /Tyrone Taukamo (N-16A)
13. Laquand Ofengawi (J- 16A)
14. Will Terry (R-2NDXV)
15. Barnes (J-16A)

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Intrested in the side and the age group, my team would be.

1. Cameron Fazzari (J-16A)
2. Jake Hedge (E-2NDXV)
4. Nick Brown (K- 1STXV)
5. Rory Suttor (E-1STXV)
6. Josh Smith (G-1STXV)
7. Tom Serhon (N-16A)/ Dylan Pietch (K-16A)
8. Charlie Crawford (S-16A)/Matthew Orphen (K-16A)
9. Will Wenerbom (J-16A)
10. Bailey Kuezuel (N-1STXV)
11. Luke Rixon (E-2NDXV)
12. Jake Prina (R-1STXV) /Tyrone Taukamo (N-16A)
13. Laquand Ofengawi (J- 16A)
14. Will Terry (R-2NDXV)
15. Barnes (J-16A)
No room for Charlie Smith (TSC 1sts) no.8?

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Pretty downcast mood at joeys family mass on Sunday a lot of rugby post-mortem. Consensus is the axe will fall. A lot of talk about outside backs Five of Scots nine tries scored down joeys wings, fullback struggled in defence and back row forwards didn't aim up. Anyone with any ideas about what (if any) changes?

V

Vindíctam

Shouldn't be too downcast. Plenty of teams beat T$C on the weekend. $cotts should be worried though. Here are the OTHER teams that beat Joeys.

13E
13F
14D
14F

So if there is a run of injuries....looks like a few little lads will get a call up.

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
call me old skool but does having a combined U16 GPS really do anything ? Do they compete angainst anyone in particular or is it just pre-selecting people ala 'politics' for when they get to opens. I also laugh when i see gps blue and gps white teams in opens. so basically we have a 4ths rep team. i guess instead of calling it 'shadow' ?!?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
call me old skool but does having a combined U16 GPS really do anything ? Do they compete angainst anyone in particular or is it just pre-selecting people ala 'politics' for when they get to opens. I also laugh when i see gps blue and gps white teams in opens. so basically we have a 4ths rep team. i guess instead of calling it 'shadow' ?!?

U16s play in a comp against most other school system at Knox.
I think the 4ths have been added to give the 3rds a game because of the various systems not supplying teams.
CAS used to go to 3rds but they only picked 2 teams on the weekend

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
You could do alot worse than have Byron Blaik in 6 or 7 from New in the GPS U16s. I saw him play 2nds in the trials and he did very well.
Dropped back to the U16s and played in the Bs because the 16As coach would not change his team.
With all respect to the 16As loose forwards he is a fair bit better.

and no I am not a NEW student but a NEW parent who doesn't really know Byron from a lumpy biscut

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pretty downcast mood at joeys family mass on Sunday a lot of rugby post-mortem. Consensus is the axe will fall. A lot of talk about outside backs Five of Scots nine tries scored down joeys wings, fullback struggled in defence and back row forwards didn't aim up. Anyone with any ideas about what (if any) changes?

Hold the faith and give the boys a chance. You have to build a winning team culture - no one sets out to lose its just that other teams are that much better.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Hold the faith and give the boys a chance. You have to build a winning team culture - no one sets out to lose its just that other teams are that much better.

Agreed. Joeys are never down for long and the school continues to have a winning culture.

For those organically grown teams these swings are cyclical. Us Riverview fans might well be lamenting leaner times next season but the boys all deserve our support as they give their best.

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
U16s play in a comp against most other school system at Knox.
I think the 4ths have been added to give the 3rds a game because of the various systems not supplying teams.
CAS used to go to 3rds but they only picked 2 teams on the weekend

Ok fair enough. It does seem like every child gets a prize though doesn't it.

Are their any game being played on the long weekend. My club footy is off so i thought i might trek down the F3 to have a look.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Ok fair enough. It does seem like every child gets a prize though doesn't it.

Are their any game being played on the long weekend. My club footy is off so i thought i might trek down the F3 to have a look.

Its getting that way but the GPS rugby juggernaut is a bit like lantana.
It has invaded the high schools and new smaller school systems, removed their ability to field viable rep teams and is now filling the resultant void.
In re games this week: not that I know of.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Its getting that way but the GPS rugby juggernaut is a bit like lantana.
It has invaded the high schools and new smaller school systems, removed their ability to field viable rep teams and is now filling the resultant void.
<snip>.

Gold.

This will probably bring you to the attention of the heavy hitters of rugbys underworld ... ... ... ... again.

How dare you criticise the entitled leather patches and threaten their access to bottomless buckets of Boardroom Shiraz?

What was the name of that kid in "The Emperor's New Clothes"?

Status
Not open for further replies.