• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
Spepesa is an energetic player, and I agree that he provided go-forward for new, but without others, he just moves sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Spepesa is an energetic player, and I agree that he provided go-forward for new, but without others, he just moves sideways.

I am not necessarily sure that's correct - today he didn't have an amazing backline outside him, and still made good metres going up front. But even if that's right, the point is that he will have those "others" in a GPS 1sts setting.

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
I am not necessarily sure that's correct - today he didn't have an amazing backline outside him, and still made good metres going up front. But even if that's right, the point is that he will have those "others" in a GPS 1sts setting.

I agree with you Think! he needs others around him. The last two GPS games, he hasn't had that, making him look less impressive.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I agree with you Think! he needs others around him. The last two GPS games, he hasn't had that, making him look less impressive.

I qualified it with the "even if" - it wasn't necessarily my opinion, just arguing on multiple levels. I don't believe that's right, at least from what I've seen, by virtue of his performance today, in which he provided go forward as you conceded.

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
I qualified it with the "even if" - it wasn't necessarily my opinion, just arguing on multiple levels. I don't believe that's right, at least from what I've seen, by virtue of his performance today, in which he provided go forward as you conceded.

Sepesa Would have been good in GPS 1's, which I agree with you, I think?

footytime

Stan Wickham (3)
Just released on tha AAGPS website

GPS 1st XV
M Laimani (N) M Serhon (N) V Fifita (N) R McCauley (S) B Petterson (I) M Girdler (S) C Menzies (I) A Crichton (S) T Strang (9) J McGregor (I) G Porter (S)
D England (S) H Hutchinson (I) T Wright (J) B Freeman (I)

GPS 2nd XV
H Fotukava (I) E Pritchard (I) J Sedgman (S) N Gittoes (J) T Piroddi (N) J Hayson (I) J Woodhill (E) C Smith (S) N Duffy (J) C O’Shea (J) S Kennewell (N) L Latinipulu (N) W McDonnell (J) C Hurley (I) S Tarogi (N)

GPS WHITE
J Bowditch (I) T Horton (J) L Muir (E) J Preece (E) T Rudolf (S) H Taylor (K) C Clifford (N) J Digby (G) H Emery (E) J Mackie (G) M Dowsett (E) A Sheldon (G) T McHutcheon (J) MHendrie (S) B Tan (G)

GPS BLUE
A Hall (K) J Burke (K) J Lee (K) K Wingti (J) N Brown (K) J Doyle (E) T Deer (S) D Ballantyne (K) L Condon (I) C Harris (K) J Prindiville (S) C King (E) H Kemball (E) T McBryde (I) J Richards (K)

what an absolute joke!!! Pritchard is 100% the best hooker in the GPS

john williamson

Frank Nicholson (4)
Again, view made ground through backline moves today, not through forwards.

Pritchard still performed better than Serhon today. I can't make a final judgement seeing as though today was the first time i have seen Serhon this year. But today, Pritchard was the better player

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
And today was the first I saw Pritchard. Not enough to call between players.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Wonderful commeradie after the Scots v Kings match today with both sets of parents feeling used - using the naivity of the school students and parents in what is essentially a money making exercise is now being seen for what it is. Best post match cordial in years.
I think you need to layoff the cordial Whistleblower. Your comment is as much nonsense as your contribution in the other thread at #4477. You are going to have to come up with better bait if you want the fish to bite.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
View did not dominate in the forwards, thats just another person looking through those view coloured glasses again. Really get the feeling that if the only way some people would be happy would be to have an all riverview Australian shoolboys

There are some joke collections though, how Toby Rudolf missed out on the firsts or seconds is a joke

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Just released on tha AAGPS website

GPS 1st XV
M Laimani (N) M Serhon (N) V Fifita (N) R McCauley (S) B Petterson (I) M Girdler (S) C Menzies (I) A Crichton (S) T Strang (9) J McGregor (I) G Porter (S)
D England (S) H Hutchinson (I) T Wright (J) B Freeman (I)

GPS 2nd XV
H Fotukava (I) E Pritchard (I) J Sedgman (S) N Gittoes (J) T Piroddi (N) J Hayson (I) J Woodhill (E) C Smith (S) N Duffy (J) C O’Shea (J) S Kennewell (N) L Latinipulu (N) W McDonnell (J) C Hurley (I) S Tarogi (N)

GPS WHITE
J Bowditch (I) T Horton (J) L Muir (E) J Preece (E) T Rudolf (S) H Taylor (K) C Clifford (N) J Digby (G) H Emery (E) J Mackie (G) M Dowsett (E) A Sheldon (G) T McHutcheon (J) MHendrie (S) B Tan (G)

GPS BLUE
A Hall (K) J Burke (K) J Lee (K) K Wingti (J) N Brown (K) J Doyle (E) T Deer (S) D Ballantyne (K) L Condon (I) C Harris (K) J Prindiville (S) C King (E) H Kemball (E) T McBryde (I) J Richards (K)

Do they pick for combinations? Reason I ask is, for example - 4 SGS boys in GPS White, 7 TKS boys in GPS Blue. Do they try to keep them together?

In any case - well done to all the young men selected! Cheers, Wreckless :)

The Spaceman

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just thought I'd whack in my 2 cents RE GPS selction:

At the end of the day it is very hard to pick accurate teams so early in the season and with selectors having to collaborate their knowledge over different games against different opposition. I've been very impressed with Kennewell, Sepesa, Latu, Wright, McCutcheon, McDonnell, O'Shea, Emery and Woodhill thus far and of course can't comment on the games I haven't seen but would've thought they would've all been straight into 1s or 2s.

Numerous boys selected in the lower sides I know would be greatly disappointed if they weren't selected for further representative honours. Not sure if we should take the selections too hard? The good players will stand up and shine against CAS etc. and I guess its just a line in the yearbook at the end of the day, no great injustices in the world just yet!

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
Just thought I'd whack in my 2 cents RE GPS selction:

At the end of the day it is very hard to pick accurate teams so early in the season and with selectors having to collaborate their knowledge over different games against different opposition. I've been very impressed with Kennewell, Sepesa, Latu, Wright, McCutcheon, McDonnell, O'Shea, Emery and Woodhill thus far and of course can't comment on the games I haven't seen but would've thought they would've all been straight into 1s or 2s.

Numerous boys selected in the lower sides I know would be greatly disappointed if they weren't selected for further representative honours. Not sure if we should take the selections too hard? The good players will stand up and shine against CAS etc. and I guess its just a line in the yearbook at the end of the day, no great injustices in the world just yet!

Well said Spaceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.