• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Hope they've had the covers on the pitch at Bellevue Hill over the past 48 hours. Coastal regions have copped plenty of rain in the past 48 hours. Where I am it hasn't stopped since about 5 pm last night and some of it has been torrential.

SJC 1 would be the best wet weather ground in Sydney, so not too many problems up there.

Not sure how much of this heavy rain has reached Parramatta.

Best of luck to all the boys playing their final game of school rugby today, regardless of the grade. Enjoy the moment (regardless of the slop).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Here's the rainfall for the last 24:
Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 9.08.46 am.png

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think that TKS would fall into the light blue area SW of Hornsby.

How does McKay handle the wet? Been a while since I've been there. Was planning a family cycling excursion today at Centennial Park to conclude about 3pm, but that has been put on hold (perhaps permanently):)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Vuni Fifita makes his comeback today for New at No 8

Excellent news. I read that he was still in the Oz Schools list to go to NZ and this confirms that he won't be a late, late withdrawal (provided he comes through the game OK).

By the way - what was the injury?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think that TKS would fall into the light blue area SW of Hornsby.

How does McKay handle the wet? Been a while since I've been there. Was planning a family cycling excursion today at Centennial Park to conclude about 3pm, but that has been put on hold (perhaps permanently):)
I would think you're right about TKS and White looked in v good nick and should drain well.
Game has been moved:
Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 9.35.02 am.png

Weigall is to be ripped up shortly so I guess it doesn't matter what damage they do to it.
Edit: and is I type another downpour rolls across the eastern suburbs. These are not showers. The Big Marn conspicuous by his absence.

Captain Cabby

Stan Wickham (3)
What is so good about this Scots 3rd XV team? I heard that their star playmaker Maddocks has been out for a while now, have they moved some of their seconds players down to try and win the 3rd XV comp knowing the 2nd XV comp is all but over?

From what i have heard, most of the team have not played 2nds at all. Probably just a good team. 2 boys have been dropped down because of attitude and player coming back through injury..

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I would think you're right about TKS and White looked in v good nick and should drain well.
Game has been moved:
View attachment 5327
Weigall is to be ripped up shortly so I guess it doesn't matter what damage they do to it.
Edit: and is I type another downpour rolls across the eastern suburbs. These are not showers. The Big Marn conspicuous by his absence.

Torrential rain here - still. Looking to the east and south east, nothing but dark grey banks of clouds.

Pity for High that the opening of the new facility has been affected.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Torrential rain here - still. Looking to the east and south east, nothing but dark grey banks of clouds.

Pity for High that the opening of the new facility has been affected.

Given how quickly cricket gets called over there I had been expecting the pin to be pulled much earlier in the week

Gobstar

Stan Wickham (3)
Just after midday and blue skies and sunshine across the eastern suburbs. Based on the last few weeks, I expect a downpour from around 3.15pm

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Dumbest post in 148 pages.
How is it arrogant to want to play with your mates with whom you have played with for 8 or more years.
It was in addition to his School obligations not instead of.

Sounds like he has run over the top of you,or one of yours a few times.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
SGS 21
SBHS 5
Grammar played out the championship minutes by scoring two tries.
First premiership in any rugby grade since 1970.
A M Mackerras would be rolling in his grave - but he probably got a big shock when he learned that rugby is the game they play in heaven.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A good finsh for Joeys as a school. 42 games of which 25 v Newington. Won all but 16A's and 13H's (who played New F's).
In other games, vs View, Grammar, Shore and High: Joeys won the lot.

40/42 Won.
Notably the 14F's beat the Shore F's 117-5.....

Every week was similar with a handful of losses each Saturday with most of the non- A or B grade teams playing up 1 or 2 grades each week.

Well done Joeys Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.