• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
indeed CJ..RM2 presents as a formidable opponent and feel I'm being lured into a trap like a hapless and defenseless dormouse..:eek:

I warn you Azzuri I have had the pleasure of mingling at SJC after a win and they are not quite as accommodating in defeat - cricket or rugby

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Better believe it Azzuri….we are quite nice after the footy generally but with a a win (to us not agin us) combined with alcohol could turn Jacks into a massacre….be warned.

And sensible shoes only at the footy, stilettos have made too many chiropractors rich.

"Massacre at Jacks" sounds like a good title for my round 9 Preview....

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I warn you Azzuri I have had the pleasure of mingling at SJC after a win and they are not quite as accommodating in defeat - cricket or rugby

Given the upset result I'm tipping maybe its lucky I have a boarding house function back at Kings that night....

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I will write it Azzuri - that way it's bound to be more accurate :) and you can drown your sorrows back at the Estate, if the result is as I'm tipping.

Don't worry @RM2 I will be balanced, fair and unbiased as usual :rolleyes: .... that's the way I roll!

deez ebola nuts

Peter Burge (5)
Hello all, I am fascinated at the involvement that the 'evil' game has had on young stars of schoolboy rugby. Crichton and Moeroa just to name a few, and now with sevens star Tom Wright. WHOS NEXT!! before you know it they'll be getting some of the fabled forwards like Girdler, Smith and the Piroddi. There must be a stand.
Also on a side note I had a chuckle at the mistaken try line from the maul @Joeys on the weekend. awattahead to him, he will be having nightmares for years

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Updated table

Gps tipping rd 8.jpg

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Not sure yet, the other games may be better contests. Last yr's View v Scots at Lane Cove was a cracker.
I think Scots will still run away with it. Be interesting to see if the real 1st Xv get gametime in the second half again.

J v K might be form game, Kings the big improvers this round.

If New have alot of Stars out, it may not be anything like last week. Could be a better game than most are predicting (shore arr getting some players back from injury, I saw someone posted Corbett and I know Hugh Finley is back from the head rattle)

I know I am probably just channelling Jim Belshaw and wishful thinking. But here's hoping we see a good contest.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Round 9, 1st XV games, 29/8

1. Riverview vs Scots - my MoTR (Match of The Round)

Kings did it last Saturday, bouncing straight back after their own "week before horribilis" at the hands of Newington in the prior Round 7, but then, at home, putting it all over Round 8 match favourites, Riverview.

So, you just gotta know those View boys will not turn up at their Lane Cove homestead to become cannon-fodder for Scots. Scots lads, listen up, and listen up good...! Beware the wounded pride and passion that'll spring forth from the Blue and White in great gushes this week coming.

Scots will be pumped by Joeys' last Round win over Newington, all of a sudden putting them into joint-leadership for this year's Premiership.

BBQ battles aside, Scots will want to push their Premiership credentials in this one. They won't have it all their own way though, so Scots by 7.

2. Joeys (redeemed) vs Kings (rejuvenated)

Surprising most everyone apart from The Azzuri, Kings had a cracker of a win last week against quality opposition in 'View. So, it's hard to imagine the rejuvenated Kingsmen won't be plenty fired up for this week also. (Will Azzuri need to again threaten the boys with another visit down to the Massie Flats?!)

There's no real magic in this one, though, don't think. Joeys redeemed will want to finish huge at home for Season 2015 and send the Rugby Mums off to Jack's Bar all cock-a-hoop. Kings will be bold and brave, but I think unlikely in the end, and that'll leave The Azzuri with lots to ponder on approach if he's contemplating some post-match rucking with those Rugby Mums. Joeys by 14, and it could well be more.

3. Newington vs Shore

This couldn't be a ditto-repeato for the Shoremen from last year, could it?

No-one was expecting much of anything from the Shoremen late in Season 2014, when they popped up in the penultimate Round to put Riverview to the sword, even though the View boys then, were contending for the title. Updated to 2015, the Shoremen are away to New, it's the second last Round, and New remain in the sweet-spot of this year's Premiership calculations. Again, no-one is expecting much of anything from Shore other than all thinking folk are hoping that they won't cop a caning.

So, it can't happen again, can it?!? Surely not?

But here's the thing....

Everyone sees and acknowledges the ticker, the heart, the never-say-die approach that the North Sydney lads display out in the middle each and every week, and it is only a 2-horse race on match day, and it is a very odd-shaped ball that they use, which now and then bounces in most unpredictable ways...!

Am expecting another touch-up from New by 40 or so, but Rugby balls can and do bounce unexpectedly sometimes...!

Bismarck

Herbert Moran (7)
Last week New lost Kennewell and Kuenzle pre game. There was another player taken off on stretcher (not sure what number). Clifford (7) went off and there was a head clash with Joeys 3 at the end of the game - assume they won't play but again don't know New number. Hot weather again and Shore might just provide New with a scare!

Status
Not open for further replies.